Westhulme Ave. Parking

Had my side window smashed along with a BMW. It seems to be a regular occurance on match days. Has any fellow scribblers been done along this road?

happens every week........the price of a pint for your car not getting trashed!!!!!!

Had my side window smashed along with a BMW. It seems to be a regular occurance on match days. Has any fellow scribblers been done along this road?

sorry to hear that mike,but it has been happening for a few years now..

i usually park on b and q car park now,takes a little longer getting off it sometimes but at least its safe...

a mate also parks on the hospital car park,think its £1:80 for 4 hours,and there are cameras and security patrolling

had my windows smashed and radio nicked from there after a tuesday night game.

club car park all the way from then on.

After the previous spate of break-ins, police patrol was stepped up and things remained quiet, until this past week.

Another phone call to Oldham Police is in order, methinks. They do have obligation to reduce crime and help protect private properties, which we pay for through council tax precepts, even if you don't live in Oldham - your car will be of interest to Blackpool Police when you come over, just as mine is for Oldham nick on match days.

So if your stood outside BP, and you go up Sheepfoot Lane towards the hospital and Burton News at the top with the club car park on the left, is it that avenue after the club car park on your left just before you reach the top?, if so i thought you weren't allowed to park there anyway and seems pretty decent area to.

No Shuck,

The parking on Westhulme Ave is on a dirt track betwixt the hospital and B&Q

So if your stood outside BP, and you go up Sheepfoot Lane towards the hospital and Burton News at the top with the club car park on the left, is it that avenue after the club car park on your left just before you reach the top?, if so i thought you weren't allowed to park there anyway and seems pretty decent area to.

No, that's Cumberland Drive leading to Carlton Way, and usually no parking for non-residents on match days.

Westhulme Avenue is that unmade, unadopted road that runs from the rear entrance of Royal Oldham Hospital towards the old Westhulme Hospital, running along the back of B&Q store. Has been used for years by fans on match days, and by hospital visitors on weekdays.

Edited by Fyldelatic

Ah yeah get where you mean, doesnt seem much of an Ave though up there, not much really that can be done, club won't do anything as i suppose they will just tell you to park of the car parks provided.

Had my car broke into there a few years ago now, there were four cars done at the same time, i was fortunate, nothing was stolen, the car next to me had been trashed, it was after a tuesday night game against Forest , Taylors debut game, i was fuming, i had a 100 mile journey home to make in the freezing cold, i reported it to the cops, they didnt want to know basically.....i had the screwdriver the scrotes had used to break in, when i mentioned it to Mr Plod he wasnt bothered, said oh they would be wearing gloves and there will be no prints on it, he was probably right, but still he could have tried. i still have the offending item, if i meet the perpetrator of the affore mentioned crime, he can have it back, sideways up his sphincter. Im sure it cant be too difficult for the police to patrol an area which they know to be a crime hot spot, maybe the criminal intelligence squad are trying to work out a strategy to resolve the situation.....ha ha.....my a@#e

2h719qa.gif

The map is misleading where it says "Sheepfoot Lane" - it should be Furtherwood Road. Sheepfoot Lane starts from the mini roundabout going up to Rochdale Road. Also where it says "Westwood Park" it should be B & Q Store. (where Latics used to train in the 50s) Westwood Park (where I used to play) is on the opposite side of Westhulme Avenue to B & Q.

An accurate day keeps the "pedant"/"smart arse"/"cheeky bugger" away.
Edited by Diego_Sideburns

The map is misleading where it says "Sheepfoot Lane" - it should be Furtherwood Road. Sheepfoot Lane starts from the mini roundabout going up to Rochdale Road. Also where it says "Westwood Park" it should be B & Q Store. (where Latics used to train in the 50s) Wetwood Park (where I used to play) is on the opposite side of Westhulme Avenue to B & Q.

Take it up with Google, I'm sure they'd love to hear from you

Take it up with Google, I'm sure they'd love to hear from you

Why do you think I should not point out errors which are misleading members? Surely I'm doing them a service.

Anyone in the business of informing the public needs to ensure accuracy - misinformation is worse than no information.

Why do you think I should not point out errors which are misleading members? Surely I'm doing them a service.

Anyone in the business of informing the public needs to ensure accuracy - misinformation is worse than no information.

Yes but your Googlemap crusade is only hitting around 0.000001% of the hits - think about what you could achieve if you went for the jugular. Wow.

Or outside the house of the cowardly tosser who blocked me in a few weeks ago for daring to park my taxed, insured, MOT'd car outside his house.

Cant really sympathise there with u Real. I used to live on Prestbury drive. Thats back to back with the houses on furtherwood rd/sheepfoot ln opposite the official entrance. I used to get my drive blocked all the time. Couldnt even get car off drive to go to work if i was on a saturday night shift! And it was home fans more often than not! Police used to tow them away, think they relished it actually! I moved, and walk from Royton now......

Yes but your Googlemap crusade is only hitting around 0.000001% of the hits - think about what you could achieve if you went for the jugular. Wow.

When does a post full of helpful information become a crusade against Googlemap? Surely the point is that if there are so many errors on a snapshot of the BP area, there's not much point relying on the accuracy of Googlemap wherever you're going.

Crusade? You're the one who appears to be crusading against accurate information, which I find difficult to understand.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns