Westhulme Ave. Parking

When does a post full of helpful information become a crusade against googlemap? Surely the point is that if there are so many errors on a snapshot of the BP area, there's not much point relying on the accuracy of Googlemap wherever you're going.

Crusade? You're the one who appears to be crusading against accurate information, which I find difficult to understand.

You're shooting the messenger! :lol: I merely posted up a Googlemap snapshot, I'm surprised that you haven't taken this map inaccuracy to the highest level and an email isn't winging its way over to Google Towers as we type...

You're shooting the messenger! :lol: I merely posted up a Googlemap snapshot, I'm surprised that you haven't taken this map inaccuracy to the highest level and an email isn't winging its way over to Google Towers as we type...

...and ironically - the place that we were talking about before you poked yer beak in - Westhulme Avenue is spot on!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You seem to take all this personally. I wasn't criticising the messenger. It doesn't matter who posted the Googlemap snapsot and it's not your fault if it's inaccurate. But what's wrong with pointing out the errors to 100% of those who are looking at it on here?

If Googlemap was informed of all its errors and then corrected them, it would be providing a much better service. I presume it pays people to check its mapping details. If not, it should - there are enough unemployed people out there who would love to do it.

I'll continue to help members by pointing out inaccuracies, without bullying members over their perceived inadequacies.

You seem to take all this personally. I wasn't criticising the messenger. It doesn't matter who posted the Googlemap snapsot and it's not your fault if it's inaccurate. But what's wrong with pointing out the errors to 100% of those who are looking at it on here?

If Googlemap was informed of all its errors and then corrected them, it would be providing a much better service. I presume it pays people to check its mapping details. If not, it should - there are enough unemployed people out there who would love to do it.

I'll continue to help members by pointing out inaccuracies, without bullying members over their perceived inadequacies.

It comes across as if you're taking it personally Diego!

I think you were being gently ribbed, no more than that.

:)

As where Jeremy Thorpe and Oscar Wilde. There's no shame in finding the wisdom of a more mature gentleman attractive, don't be down on yourself about it.

I er, um - *cough* er, um ahhhhh - *nervous laugh* yes, errr, ahhh - yes but I like rugby, and I bet they couldn't do a ura mawashi-geri either....move on from this thread there's nothing to add to this

:grin:

...and ironically - the place that we were talking about before you poked yer beak in - Westhulme Avenue is spot on!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's nothing ironic about it. I wasn't correcting Westhulme Avenue. My 'beak' was only pointing out the inaccuracies which are no fault of yours and yet you have taken them so much to heart.

Never mind, the odd double entendre is always a good remedy, but not as effective as an indelible pen.

It comes across as if you're taking it personally Diego!

I think you were being gently ribbed, no more than that.

:)

It may come across that way to you but it comes across to me as part of the price I have to pay for pointing out that an apostrophe has gone missing since the new OWTB layout was introduced. :disappointed:

Edited thanks to rummy pointing out my typo!

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

• 5 years later...

For anyone who parks on Westhulme Ave, it will be closed from 10th November for 6 months whilst construction work takes place on the new hospital carpark (to replace hospital staff parking on latics). Only the bottom half (b&q end) will re-open once work is complete.