Latest FA Plans for football centre

St. George's Park National Football Centre handed over to the F.A. today.

Video available: http://www.thefa.com/St-Georges-Park

The cynical me thinks that this is a Premier League Academy more than anything else, and England will still train at Arsenal. Although I am led to believe this 'centre' in the middle of nowhere is to improve the coaching rather than be a centre of excellence for the youngsters, unlike the French Clairfontaine and it's ten other academies - probably trying to address this problem one academy at a time...

Three years ago an official report concluded that coaching is the "golden thread" leading to international success, but new Uefa data shows that there are only 2,769 English coaches holding Uefa's B, A and Pro badges, its top qualifications. Spain has produced 23,995, Italy 29,420, Germany 34,970 and France 17,588. Between them those four nations have provided eight of the 12 finalists at all the World Cups and European Championships since 1998. England, meanwhile, have not appeared in a tournament final in 44 years.

Too little, to late. Good luck with that, Sheepshanks.

The problem with the badges are that they are extortionate. I realise that some clubs will pay for the coaches to undertake their badges but it is so expense that many can't afford to educated their coaches above level 2, when you need to think about money for kit, netting, first aid kit, pitches etc. I realise that if you apply you can grants for coach training, but not everyone is going to get it.

Price breakdown

Level - 2 £350

UEFA - B £700

UEFA - A £2500

Pro Licence - £8250

Now I'm going to stick my neck out and say 25000 people in Spain, 30000 in Italy and 35000 in Germany did not UK prices

The cynical me thinks that this is a Premier League Academy more than anything else, and England will still train at Arsenal. Although I am led to believe this 'centre' in the middle of nowhere is to improve the coaching rather than be a centre of excellence for the youngsters, unlike the French Clairfontaine and it's ten other academies - probably trying to address this problem one academy at a time...

The England under 17s is set to be the first international squad to stay and train at the FA’s £100m world-class coach facility “in the middle of nowhere”.

Burton Albion’s Pirelli Stadium, Northampton Town’s Sixfields and Hinckley United’s Greene King Stadium are to be the venues for the u17s taking on Italy, Portugal and Turkey in a tournament in August/September.

The England under 17s is set to be the first international squad to stay and train at the FA’s £100m world-class coach facility “in the middle of nowhere”.

Burton Albion’s Pirelli Stadium, Northampton Town’s Sixfields and Hinckley United’s Greene King Stadium are to be the venues for the u17s taking on Italy, Portugal and Turkey in a tournament in August/September.

Will you be going to watch the children?

Will you be going to watch the children?

The F.A.'s England children of today are tomorrow's Greedy League loanees to third division clubs, and the day after's mega-rich superstars, for which I don't have any time.

But I wouldn't mind having a look round the Brewers' £100m world-class training facilities.

The F.A.'s England children of today are tomorrow's Greedy League loanees to third division clubs, and the day after's mega-rich superstars, for which I don't have any time.

But I wouldn't mind having a look round the Brewers' £100m world-class training facilities.

P.S. Portugal children beat Brazil children 9-0 today.

• 2 months later...