Photo
- - - - -

The Boxing Thread.

• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

Poll: Froch vs Groves II (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins? YOU DECIDE.

1. Froch (17 votes [70.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.83%

2. Groves II (7 votes [29.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 opinions4u

opinions4u

David Eyres

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,839 posts
  • Team:Oldham Athletic

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Chisora arrested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...boxing/17088619
Shop online via the PlayerShare WebShop link below and Latics benefit:

http://www.easyfundr...ticsplayershare

#122 Stevie_J

Stevie_J

Bobby Johnstone

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,392 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

I agree with some of what you are saying, however I was taught to be humble in victory or defeat - and I've found that the majority of fighters to be just that. What I don't like seeing is complete disrespect for the opponent, let's face it this isn't just trash talk we've seen here - this is embarrassing. Chisora is off his pickle, and Haye is just as bad for getting involved.

I liked how Vitali was laughing at the whole sorry affair in the post-fight presser.

To be fair, I think Haye was just trying to get his shot at Vitali and he was goaded a fair bit by Klitschko's manager (even before he stood up). I know the way he goes about it is pretty classless, as it was the first time around, but I think it may be the only way he'll get the fight. Saying that, I do think Vitali wants the pay cheque that'll come from fighting Haye, so it may well happen.

Click on the PayPal button and please donate whatever you can to keep OWTB up and running, thanks - OWTB Admin Team

#123 oafctom

oafctom

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

So is Haye going to make a comeback now and fight Chisora.

#124 rummytheowl

rummytheowl

Toddy Orlygsson

• IT Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,151 posts
  • Team:AFC Wimbledon

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

Saying that, I do think Vitali wants the pay cheque that'll come from fighting Haye, so it may well happen.

Haye must fight Chisora first, it's too hot for the promoters to pass up the opportunity. The hype for this is already off the fucking scale!

Click on the PayPal button and please donate whatever you can to keep OWTB up and running, thanks - OWTB Admin Team

#125 Stevie_J

Stevie_J

Bobby Johnstone

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,392 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

Haye must fight Chisora first, it's too hot for the promoters to pass up the opportunity. The hype for this is already off the fucking scale!

Yep!

#126 pukka

pukka

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

I agree with some of what you are saying, however I was taught to be humble in victory or defeat - and I've found that the majority of fighters to be just that. What I don't like seeing is complete disrespect for the opponent, let's face it this isn't just trash talk we've seen here - this is embarrassing. Chisora is off his pickle, and Haye is just as bad for getting involved.

I liked how Vitali was laughing at the whole sorry affair in the post-fight presser.

In fairness to Chisora he was humble in defeat. He said he lost and took that fairly. What haye was doing there shouting his face off is beyond me. "You're a salesman" - Top comment from whoever told him that.

This kind of thing has always happened and there is far too much made of it IMO.
Jack Walker : "Why do you want to sign Zidane when we have Tim Sherwood?"

#127 Roger Ritchie

Roger Ritchie

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hate him, or, er, hate him...you've got to give Chisora some credit for his performance tonight. He never troubled Vitali, but he didn't run away like many others before him have.

I don't get the whole Chisora did well thing.

He walked in straight lines and got picked off by a very slow and under par Vitali Klitschko.

He lost every single round. Very rarely troubled Vitali.

Slapped him at the weigh in and lost a big chunk of his purse. Spat at his brother which is disgusting whatever way you look at it.

Rose to Haye's goading of Klitschko (Haye was after Vitali and not Chisora yet Chisora felt the need to rise to it).

Then after taking a few slaps off Haye and not being able to get any back (even after picking up a champagne bottle) he said he was going to shoot him then he said he was going to burn him.

Then to top it all off he ended with a my entourage is bigger than your entourage thing.

The kid is a joke. He got picked apart by a very limited Tyson fury for the British belt, lost his European shot, then straight into losing a World title shot.

But wasn't he brave.
If we ain't getting through to you, you obviously ain't listening!

#128 razza699

razza699

Filipe Morais

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

He walked in straight lines and got picked off by a very slow and under par Vitali Klitschko.

Slapped him at the weigh in and lost a big chunk of his purse. Spat at his brother which is disgusting whatever way you look at it.

Rose to Haye's goading of Klitschko (Haye was after Vitali and not Chisora yet Chisora felt the need to rise to it).

Then after taking a few slaps off Haye and not being able to get any back (even after picking up a champagne bottle) he said he was going to shoot him then he said he was going to burn him.

Then to top it all off he ended with a my entourage is bigger than your entourage thing.

The kid is a joke. He got picked apart by a very limited Tyson fury for the British belt, lost his European shot, then straight into losing a World title shot.

But wasn't he brave.

+1.25

Totally agree

#129 razza699

razza699

Filipe Morais

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Search goes on

http://sport.uk.msn....e-scotland-yard

#130 beag_teeets

beag_teeets

Frankie Bunn

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,385 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

Any publicity is good publicity and Boxing needs the publicity, good to hear people talking about British heavyweights. Shame neither of them are as good as they think they are. Haye has been found wanting at Heavyweight, was world champion at cruiserweight, a proper world champion too. Can't see him beating a proper world champion heavyweight.

Chisora is a clown, did so much better against Vitali than Haye did against Vlad, Chisora gave it a go and tried to win but came up short, Haye didn't really appear to give it a go.

I hate the Klitschkos for the way they have nullified the heavyweight division with their dullness. To be fair they have seen off all challengers since they filled the void left when Lewis retired even though they are 2 of the most negative fighters I've ever seen, little wonder the American market has stopped bothering with the Heavyweight division.

I had high hopes that Haye would make the break through, if he could have taken his speed to heavyweight, put on a bit of bulk and added power then he might have but it hasn't to be.

All this nonsense about banning him and Chisora is just that, nonsense, best thing to happen to British boxing for years, got it back on centre stage. Yes it is ugly but so are most boxers faces after 12 rounds.

#131 Roger Ritchie

Roger Ritchie

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

Search goes on

http://sport.uk.msn....e-scotland-yard

He flew back to England Saturday night didn't he?

Pretty sure he has been in England all the time.

#132 Stevie_J

Stevie_J

Bobby Johnstone

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,392 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

Any publicity is good publicity and Boxing needs the publicity, good to hear people talking about British heavyweights. Shame neither of them are as good as they think they are. Haye has been found wanting at Heavyweight, was world champion at cruiserweight, a proper world champion too. Can't see him beating a proper world champion heavyweight.

Chisora is a clown, did so much better against Vitali than Haye did against Vlad, Chisora gave it a go and tried to win but came up short, Haye didn't really appear to give it a go.

I hate the Klitschkos for the way they have nullified the heavyweight division with their dullness. To be fair they have seen off all challengers since they filled the void left when Lewis retired even though they are 2 of the most negative fighters I've ever seen, little wonder the American market has stopped bothering with the Heavyweight division.

I had high hopes that Haye would make the break through, if he could have taken his speed to heavyweight, put on a bit of bulk and added power then he might have but it hasn't to be.

All this nonsense about banning him and Chisora is just that, nonsense, best thing to happen to British boxing for years, got it back on centre stage. Yes it is ugly but so are most boxers faces after 12 rounds.

Agree with all of that. Chisora is a loser, whilst, much as people love to hate him, Haye was/is a top-notch cruiserweight. Sadly for him, he just isn't big enough to be the heavyweight he wishes he was.

#133 leeslover

leeslover

John Sheridan

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,821 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Just gpt around to watching this. What a pair of prize tools they are.
"The NUM leadership wanted to run the country, but the country didn't want to be run by the NUM, so it had to be tackled." Mr Tulsehill on Mrs Thatcher's role as the saviour of British Democracy

#134 rummytheowl

rummytheowl

Toddy Orlygsson

• IT Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,151 posts
  • Team:AFC Wimbledon

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

In fairness to Chisora he was humble in defeat.

Maybe in the presser I don't know I didn't see that bit, but in the ring he just had to square up to both of the Klitschko's, to keep the shit rolling. Like I said, there's trash talk and then there's this bollocks. If they can't handle the 'banter' and neither Haye or Chisora can, then don't get involved.

I've gone back on what I said yesterday - the more I think of a fight between these two the more I think it might just turn out to be one of the most farcical fights to ever grace our televisions. The prize? A WBC shot again. Yawn.

And Vitali is still pissing his sides.

#135 Yard Dog

Yard Dog

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

But wasn't he brave.

I think you're largely right, but when you think about how limited a fighter he is and how effective Vitali is then I think his performance deserves some credit

Only thing I'll will completely disagree with is you saying he lost the against the Finn?! No chance..shocking decision from judges.

#136 Roger Ritchie

Roger Ritchie

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

I think you're largely right, but when you think about how limited a fighter he is and how effective Vitali is then I think his performance deserves some credit

Only thing I'll will completely disagree with is you saying he lost the against the Finn?! No chance..shocking decision from judges.

I thought it was a bad decision but it is still a loss on his record (which shouldn't get you a world title shot - the point I was trying to make but didn't put across at all well).

He showed against Fury what he was about. Walking in straight lines with no head movement. They blamed the Fury defeat on him not being fit. Then he did the same against Vitali. Who dealt with him exactly the same way Fury did.

No one was praising Chisora after the Fury fight. Yet when he did exactly the same against a very well established world champ it was brave and he 'had a go'?

The whole point of boxing is to hit the other person more than they hit you. He should have learnt that from the Fury fight.

Step up in class and do the same thing and the result will be the same - the headache will just be twice as bad the next morning.

#137 Yard Dog

Yard Dog

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

Carl Froch tonight - wow.

#138 Gaz_Oafc

Gaz_Oafc

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

Carl Froch tonight - wow.

I didn't expect that!

What a performance! Suprised Bute lasted that long with some of the blow's he took!

#139 Stevie_J

Stevie_J

Bobby Johnstone

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,392 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

Great performance.

#140 PlayItLivo

PlayItLivo

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:13 AM

Just got back.

Absolutely buzzin. Had to sit and wait in the arena for 5 hours, falling asleep for shitty fight after shitty fight but it was well worth it to see Froch expose Bute to be the biggest hypejob in the sport. I thought Bute would stop him late, but he absolutely steamrolled him.

Kessler rematch next please, Carl, in Nottingham.

Although Bute has a rematch clause in Montreal, Canada. After tonight, I'm not so sure he'll be too keen to take it up!

Posted Image

"So Dickov says, we don't need you anymore Pav, we've got Warren Feeney!"