The Boxing Thread.

Froch vs Groves II  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? YOU DECIDE.

I agree with some of what you are saying, however I was taught to be humble in victory or defeat - and I've found that the majority of fighters to be just that. What I don't like seeing is complete disrespect for the opponent, let's face it this isn't just trash talk we've seen here - this is embarrassing. Chisora is off his pickle, and Haye is just as bad for getting involved.

I liked how Vitali was laughing at the whole sorry affair in the post-fight presser.

In fairness to Chisora he was humble in defeat. He said he lost and took that fairly. What haye was doing there shouting his face off is beyond me. "You're a salesman" - Top comment from whoever told him that.

This kind of thing has always happened and there is far too much made of it IMO.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate him, or, er, hate him...you've got to give Chisora some credit for his performance tonight. He never troubled Vitali, but he didn't run away like many others before him have.

I don't get the whole Chisora did well thing.

He walked in straight lines and got picked off by a very slow and under par Vitali Klitschko.

He lost every single round. Very rarely troubled Vitali.

Slapped him at the weigh in and lost a big chunk of his purse. Spat at his brother which is disgusting whatever way you look at it.

Rose to Haye's goading of Klitschko (Haye was after Vitali and not Chisora yet Chisora felt the need to rise to it).

Then after taking a few slaps off Haye and not being able to get any back (even after picking up a champagne bottle) he said he was going to shoot him then he said he was going to burn him.

Then to top it all off he ended with a my entourage is bigger than your entourage thing.

The kid is a joke. He got picked apart by a very limited Tyson fury for the British belt, lost his European shot, then straight into losing a World title shot.

But wasn't he brave.

He walked in straight lines and got picked off by a very slow and under par Vitali Klitschko.

Slapped him at the weigh in and lost a big chunk of his purse. Spat at his brother which is disgusting whatever way you look at it.

Rose to Haye's goading of Klitschko (Haye was after Vitali and not Chisora yet Chisora felt the need to rise to it).

Then after taking a few slaps off Haye and not being able to get any back (even after picking up a champagne bottle) he said he was going to shoot him then he said he was going to burn him.

Then to top it all off he ended with a my entourage is bigger than your entourage thing.

The kid is a joke. He got picked apart by a very limited Tyson fury for the British belt, lost his European shot, then straight into losing a World title shot.

But wasn't he brave.

+1.25

Totally agree

Any publicity is good publicity and Boxing needs the publicity, good to hear people talking about British heavyweights. Shame neither of them are as good as they think they are. Haye has been found wanting at Heavyweight, was world champion at cruiserweight, a proper world champion too. Can't see him beating a proper world champion heavyweight.

Chisora is a clown, did so much better against Vitali than Haye did against Vlad, Chisora gave it a go and tried to win but came up short, Haye didn't really appear to give it a go.

I hate the Klitschkos for the way they have nullified the heavyweight division with their dullness. To be fair they have seen off all challengers since they filled the void left when Lewis retired even though they are 2 of the most negative fighters I've ever seen, little wonder the American market has stopped bothering with the Heavyweight division.

I had high hopes that Haye would make the break through, if he could have taken his speed to heavyweight, put on a bit of bulk and added power then he might have but it hasn't to be.

All this nonsense about banning him and Chisora is just that, nonsense, best thing to happen to British boxing for years, got it back on centre stage. Yes it is ugly but so are most boxers faces after 12 rounds.

Any publicity is good publicity and Boxing needs the publicity, good to hear people talking about British heavyweights. Shame neither of them are as good as they think they are. Haye has been found wanting at Heavyweight, was world champion at cruiserweight, a proper world champion too. Can't see him beating a proper world champion heavyweight.

Chisora is a clown, did so much better against Vitali than Haye did against Vlad, Chisora gave it a go and tried to win but came up short, Haye didn't really appear to give it a go.

I hate the Klitschkos for the way they have nullified the heavyweight division with their dullness. To be fair they have seen off all challengers since they filled the void left when Lewis retired even though they are 2 of the most negative fighters I've ever seen, little wonder the American market has stopped bothering with the Heavyweight division.

I had high hopes that Haye would make the break through, if he could have taken his speed to heavyweight, put on a bit of bulk and added power then he might have but it hasn't to be.

All this nonsense about banning him and Chisora is just that, nonsense, best thing to happen to British boxing for years, got it back on centre stage. Yes it is ugly but so are most boxers faces after 12 rounds.

Agree with all of that. Chisora is a loser, whilst, much as people love to hate him, Haye was/is a top-notch cruiserweight. Sadly for him, he just isn't big enough to be the heavyweight he wishes he was.

In fairness to Chisora he was humble in defeat.

Maybe in the presser I don't know I didn't see that bit, but in the ring he just had to square up to both of the Klitschko's, to keep the :censored: rolling. Like I said, there's trash talk and then there's this bollocks. If they can't handle the 'banter' and neither Haye or Chisora can, then don't get involved.

I've gone back on what I said yesterday - the more I think of a fight between these two the more I think it might just turn out to be one of the most farcical fights to ever grace our televisions. The prize? A WBC shot again. Yawn.

And Vitali is still pissing his sides.

But wasn't he brave.

I think you're largely right, but when you think about how limited a fighter he is and how effective Vitali is then I think his performance deserves some credit

Only thing I'll will completely disagree with is you saying he lost the against the Finn?! No chance..shocking decision from judges.

I think you're largely right, but when you think about how limited a fighter he is and how effective Vitali is then I think his performance deserves some credit

Only thing I'll will completely disagree with is you saying he lost the against the Finn?! No chance..shocking decision from judges.

I thought it was a bad decision but it is still a loss on his record (which shouldn't get you a world title shot - the point I was trying to make but didn't put across at all well).

He showed against Fury what he was about. Walking in straight lines with no head movement. They blamed the Fury defeat on him not being fit. Then he did the same against Vitali. Who dealt with him exactly the same way Fury did.

No one was praising Chisora after the Fury fight. Yet when he did exactly the same against a very well established world champ it was brave and he 'had a go'?

The whole point of boxing is to hit the other person more than they hit you. He should have learnt that from the Fury fight.

Step up in class and do the same thing and the result will be the same - the headache will just be twice as bad the next morning.

• 3 months later...

Just got back.

Absolutely buzzin. Had to sit and wait in the arena for 5 hours, falling asleep for :censored:ty fight after :censored:ty fight but it was well worth it to see Froch expose Bute to be the biggest hypejob in the sport. I thought Bute would stop him late, but he absolutely steamrolled him.

Kessler rematch next please, Carl, in Nottingham.

Although Bute has a rematch clause in Montreal, Canada. After tonight, I'm not so sure he'll be too keen to take it up!

I watched it on sky. After a few too many wines in the sunshine yesterday I was struggling, I actually missed a few rounds of the Frampton fight due to drifting off. Nearly called it a night at that point, but so glad I didn't. To be honest, not followed Bute closely but had heard a lot about him and seen those devastating body shots he throws. Froch not quite at his usual high standards in a few of the super six bouts, so I was agreeing with bookies and expecting a Bute win, but Froch blasted him out of there. He really hurt him.

Atmosphere for Froch fight sounded absolutely awesome.

• 4 months later...

Eubank Jnr is on Channel 5 tonight. You never know witha boxer just how good they truly can be until they 're put in with a quality opponent, but he looks like he could get a world title in the future to me.

15yrs ago this week that Calzaghe beat Eubank Snr.

He looked in a bad way Audley. Didn't need the final slap that he took.

Audley refuses to throw early on in the fight so he cannot keeo people off him. I'm not a fan of Audley at all but if it wasn't for him winning gold at the Olympics we wouldn't have half the funding we do in boxing now.

True, and to be fair that punch would have stopped most boxers. Tyson Fury's call out during the DeGale fight was hilarious - "you're gonna need 10 plumbers when I'm finished with you!" Errr.......what?

I didn't get that about Price the Plumber? I really don't get it at all. If Price had a plumbing background I could understanf but I imagine he was boxing for England and GB when all his mates were getting trades under their belts.

Fight should happen though. I think we are being greedy asking for it now though, both could do with learning and improving for a few fights more. Only issue with the heavyweight division is where do you go after you have knocked over Sprott, Audley, Chisora, Skelton and the rest of the British bunch - there doesn't seem to be a middle ground as the European stage is average and the World belts are with two of the most experienced boxers in the sport.

Chisora would be a good test for Price. Someone with a good chin who comes forward. Just a fresher Skelton really.

Just watched that, Fraudley's eyes tell the tale, he looked like he would :censored: himself any second. One last payday for getting knocked out, he really needs to find a new vocation in life. Price will gain nothing from fights like that, maybe he needs to go and hit the US circuit and forget about titles for a while?

• 1 month later...

The Barry McGuigan documentary on ITV the other week was really good. I expect it'll be on the internet or catch up tv somewhere. Highly recommended.

Really enjoyed the Quigg's performance last night. Would be good to see him and Frampton fight in the future.

As for Hatton...well, started brightly enough without looking anything like his old best, but that was to be expected. However, as the fight wore on his punches were still missing, his rhythm was still well out, he was getting hit more and more by some pretty clean and sharp shots, and he looked increasingly frustrated and out of ideas. I think he would have won the fight on points if he had not been taken out, as I had him up by a round and would have expected him to give it everything in the last 2 rounds. But it wasn't to be, and he looked absolutely broken at the end. Sad to see.

Edited by Yard Dog