The Boxing Thread.

Froch vs Groves II  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? YOU DECIDE.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Doncaster last night. No plans too but a friend of mine said they were taking money on the turnstyles so we went over. Managed to miss all the undercard by the time we got there but saw the McDonnell fight and him becoming Britain's fourth world champ (current, not of all time).

Many there?

Watched Ricky Burns get seriously outclassed by some kid, but then then the kid didn't come out for the 10th. Injury or run out of gas...?

Please don't ever put Burns in with Broner.

There were quite a few there. No where near full though. Would have been better having it inside at Donny Dome.

Watched the Burns fight last night. The kid came out with everything but didn't throw a punch in rounds eight or nine. Looked like he had nothing left. Even with an injury he would have stood a chance of getting it on decision if he just came out for the last three. Burns would have won them all but that would have left it pretty even on the scorecards. Only thing is he might have seen himself getting stopped if his legs had gone.

Tactics were completely wrong. They went in expecting a come forward fighter who was a puncher. What they got was a slippery counter puncher who liked it at range.

Broner looks the business but hasn't been tested. Jumping up two weights to fight Pauly Malignaggi should be a decent test for him to see if his power can be taken up the weights. Malignaggi shouldn't have the power to hurt him.

He should fight Khan if he gets past PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Blame Frank Warren. More than likely he's been pulled out of retirement to fight Dereck Chisora after the fight against Wilder (the guy that recently KO'd Harrison) fell through.

I can't stand Chisora but he'll destroy Harrison, much the same as Haye and Wilder did.

I can't stand Chisora but he'll destroy Harrison, much the same as Haye and Wilder did.

He'll last longer with Chisora.

Chisora has no skill and doesn't hit that hard. He just walks forward in straight lines but has a good chin. Chisora should be looking at fighting Price.

Frank Warren was told not to announce the Wilder fight and he still did it. The guy is an idiot who has lost all his stock. He is left with Nathan Cleverly who is decent but Warren won't put him in with anyone dangerous and people are already bored.

He'll last longer with Chisora.

Chisora has no skill and doesn't hit that hard. He just walks forward in straight lines but has a good chin. Chisora should be looking at fighting Price.

Frank Warren was told not to announce the Wilder fight and he still did it. The guy is an idiot who has lost all his stock. He is left with Nathan Cleverly who is decent but Warren won't put him in with anyone dangerous and people are already bored.

I reckon there's a good chance Cleverly will get knocked out if Warren ever puts him in the ring with someone who poses a danger; his defence is shocking.

Warren's postponed his 'big' show, the second time in a row it's happened, a few grumbling a from he fighters indicating they might walk.

He'll be finished before long.

Might not be a bad thing.

Amazing fall from grace - just a few years ago he was the main man, and although not exactly loved by those in the fight game, he could still pretty much take the pick of the top young British fighters. What's gone wrong ?

Pisses me off that SKY's overseas boxing coverage has gone :censored: since Warren's boxnation came on the scene.

If true, damn! First box office I've paid for since Hatton.

Had a small bet on a draw, and secretly hoped for another war with Kessler edging it, but Froch proved he has got better since their last fight. He's ugly and slow, but when he does connect you know about it, and his chin is something else.

If true, damn! First box office I've paid for since Hatton.

Had a small bet on a draw, and secretly hoped for another war with Kessler edging it, but Froch proved he has got better since their last fight. He's ugly and slow, but when he does connect you know about it, and his chin is something else.

It wasn't true that 872 was showing the fight for free, go see what the channel is and you will see how bad of a joke that was.

I managed eventually to find a stream for the fight, but it was lagging behind the radio commentary. I did get a good look at the ref almost stopping it with 12 left of the 12th. I presume refs don't tend to do that all that often (don't think I've seen in before).

If Ward and Froch can't agree on a fight, then there would be a bit of decent money interested in Froch v Kessler 3. Which I think could warrant a stadium as opposed to an arena.

It wasn't true that 872 was showing the fight for free, go see what the channel is and you will see how bad of a joke that was.

Dreadful, sorry. Someone posted on Facebook and I was just off to bed so didn't check but thought I'd post, in case it was true.

Apparently Sky have :censored:ed up and you can watch Froch/Kessler without paying - channel 872.

Although not exactly related I paid the brownie for the 24 hour Sky Sports package because I couldn't be arsed going out one weekend and the quality was terrible, I've not done it since and not will I be doing it again in the future, I have sent a formal complaint off (the sound quality was like a stuck record) and I've not heard anything since.

Cracking fight, drooling at the possibility of a third fight or the much anticipated return with Ward.

Can't say I am. A 3rd fight is unnecessary and I'd be amazed if Kessler wants it.

Ward is on another level to Froch.

Groves should fight Stieglitz or Sakio Bika to pick up a strap first.

Froch should fight Ward in the meantime, take his arse kicking and humiliation as Ward is simply too good (the only fighter to have fought at Super Middleweight who'd I'd favour against Ward is Roy Jones Jr). After losing to Ward Froch should then fit agrees assuming Groves has a strap then retire on that fight.

Quality fight though last night, amazing atmosphere in the O2.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Can't say I am. A 3rd fight is unnecessary and I'd be amazed if Kessler wants it.

Ward is on another level to Froch.

Yes, Kessler looked less than enthralled at the prospect of a third meeting. Seems to be a simmering hatred between Groves and Froch, I can see that happening more than the Ward fight as he won't come over here and although Froch has no fear in travelling, the minute chance he has of beating Ward is to get him out of his comfort zone and fighting on British soil.

If not Ward definitely go for Groves, I hope the Hopkins fight doesn't come to fruition….