iPhone 4G

Lookers_Carl

Just worked out that to upgrade early to 4G will cost me £180 to get out of my contract. O2 will give me £143 to recycle my 3G meaning a £30-odd upgrade. Oh, decisions. Or should I wait a month or two and get that £30-odd wiped off?

The £20 per month to pay off your contract is only valid until 24 July so waiting is difficult.

In addition, the O2 recycle thing is based on supply and demand so expect to see your £143 nose dive.

Personally, I've had a think and I'm going to see what difference iOS4 makes to my 3GS. iPhone 4 is more aesthetically pleasing but it's the software that makes the difference. Currently there is nothing exclusively available for iPhone 4 thus upgrading may be pointless (unless you're at the end of a contract).

O2 will essentially put me at a nil position (assuming 3GS trade in price remains in tact). However, I do not own the handset that I have been paying for over the last 12 months thus I am worse off. All fun and games and at the moment I am being rational. Then I'll play with one and that £240 will be winging its way to telefonica...

The £20 per month to pay off your contract is only valid until 24 July so waiting is difficult.

In addition, the O2 recycle thing is based on supply and demand so expect to see your £143 nose dive.

Yes, I'm going to do it sooner rather than later, so will mull it over this weekend and do it next week if I go for it.

Are apple enabling flash on the 4G? winds me up that, I got the 3gs and it has basically everything EXCEPT flash and I would have thought someone could have wrote something for it by now!

Apple will never have Flash on board now. They're totally against it. In all honesty, it never bothers me much does that. most websites use flash less now, it's only really Flash-based games that it's put a spanner in the works to.

Are apple enabling flash on the 4G? winds me up that, I got the 3gs and it has basically everything EXCEPT flash and I would have thought someone could have wrote something for it by now!

No they're not. Apple are all for HTML5. Flash on a mobile device will chew through battery juice faster than Dean Windass can chew through a kebab.

After having a look at the specs, although I think their 'retina' screen is nice, I think apple missed a trick here not going with an OLED screen. Going with an OLED screen would have lead to more significant gains in battery life.

No they're not. Apple are all for HTML5. Flash on a mobile device will chew through battery juice faster than Dean Windass can chew through a kebab.

After having a look at the specs, although I think their 'retina' screen is nice, I think apple missed a trick here not going with an OLED screen. Going with an OLED screen would have lead to more significant gains in battery life.

The nature of the Apple touch screen (one of the most innovative leaps ever in practically applied technology) makes switching to OLED less simplistic than just changing what is used. It would require a considerable amount of work.

I'm still waiting for O2 to get their finger out and let me know how I get a bloody 4G! Idiots.

Wonder if the reduction to 500mb is due to jailbroken iphone users using phone as a modem with MyWi. If apple arent getting their moneys worth out of tethering due to the hackers then they may be trying to find another way to stop them.......

Registered with O2 but it isnt going to get my priority or anything! Bloke in a local phone shop said he would give me 130 for my 3g so thats a few quid towards it.... Not seen anything about recycling? Was that on O2 site? i'll have a butchers.....