You can tell Ackey's not got an iPhone...

latic12345

... there's no thread about iOS4 yet ;-)

I'll start it. Good update. Folders and spell check very useful Multi-tasking will be good over time but they need to:

Update Apps so they work better with it

Make certain Apps so that they auto close - settings, phone, messages etc

Give an option of leaving the App open or close it when you push the home button to ensure you dont have to keep clearing out all the Apps that you've recently opened

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... there's no thread about iOS4 yet ;-)

I'll start it. Good update. Folders and spell check very useful Multi-tasking will be good over time but they need to:

Update Apps so they work better with it

Make certain Apps so that they auto close - settings, phone, messages etc

Give an option of leaving the App open or close it when you push the home button to ensure you dont have to keep clearing out all the Apps that you've recently opened

:lol:

All being well I will be an iPhone 4 owner on Thursday! :D

Folders are pretty cool too. My phone now looks much neater.

F*ck yeah! I've been dying to get folders for yonks. They've changed the way the app icons reassemble when you come out of an app and back into the home screen too. Only a really minor cosmetic change but a good one all the same.

Have you noticed how it sucks the life out of the 3GS battery just that little bit quicker?

It's nice. I especially like the multi app when using twitter/safari. Very nice. Folders are pretty cool too. My phone now looks much neater.

I have. So much so that, given it costs me less to early upgrade than o2 will give me for my 3GS and iPhone 4 is £29 on my contract, I'm tempted upgrade

Even on a 3G without multitasking OS4 is nice - the folders, camera zoom and the unified mailbox make a decent enough difference.

As I get into work early anyway I wandered past the O2 store on Cheapside in London today - there must've been at least 100 people queueing even at 7am. Decided that as much as I'd like a shiny new 4G I can wait for a few more weeks. Lad at work had one delivered - nice, but hardly going to save the world with shinyness.

To be fair... the old one was crap for calls too! :lol:

Apparently only if you hold it in the bottom left.

Bristol thing annoyed me too. I was trying to get one last night. U2 have a stock update site. London still seems to be doing ok. Might call in on my way home :)

Bristol thing annoyed me too. I was trying to get one last night. U2 have a stock update site. London still seems to be doing ok. Might call in on my way home :)

It. Is. Awesome.

I'm loving it already. It's astonishingly fast. I never thought of my iPhone as slow but this thing is lightning quick. All the new features feel intuitive and useful and not overly complicated.

Not tried to use it as a phone yet, but I'm not having signal problems.

The stock update site does feck all, except tell you they dont have any.

I guess I'll just have to continue to go in and ask, repeatedly, whilst some idiot shop assistant smirks a little and says they might have some next year.

Frustrating. My old contract runs out this week and I cant get one of the feckers.

The stock update site does feck all, except tell you they dont have any.

I guess I'll just have to continue to go in and ask, repeatedly, whilst some idiot shop assistant smirks a little and says they might have some next year.

Frustrating. My old contract runs out this week and I cant get one of the feckers.

Can you not get one delivered?

Talk to someone??!???! 1990 called, it wants its shopping method back. :wink:

Nah, same thing buddy... theres allegedly stock in bath, if it stay like that i'll nip over first thing. Happy days.

I'd get yourself over to Bath if they have some left at the stock update at 8am tomorrow. Ackey is not lying, it's amazing. The screen is gorgeous. It just feels so much more premium than the 3G/3GS.

I upgraded early (wasnt due). I had to pay £240 and then £29 for the phone. Sending my 3GS to O2 tomorrow and they will give me £232. All in all, a new iPhone 4 for £37 :)

The issue with the hand does exist. In fairness to Apple though, you have to hold the phone in a really weird way for it to work. Watch the videos and look at what people are doing. I dont think I've ever gripped anything so tight :unsure:

I'd get yourself over to Bath if they have some left at the stock update at 8am tomorrow. Ackey is not lying, it's amazing. The screen is gorgeous. It just feels so much more premium than the 3G/3GS.

I upgraded early (wasnt due). I had to pay £240 and then £29 for the phone. Sending my 3GS to O2 tomorrow and they will give me £232. All in all, a new iPhone 4 for £37 :)

The issue with the hand does exist. In fairness to Apple though, you have to hold the phone in a really weird way for it to work. Watch the videos and look at what people are doing. I dont think I've ever gripped anything so tight :unsure:

You had a video call yet? However, id imagine with you it is a rather disturbing experience.....