You can tell Ackey's not got an iPhone...

latic12345

Test it now, in anticipation of others joining the revolution?

Plus I just wanna see Al's face :D

(Don't tell Ryan)

Join the queue big man, join the queue....

Had one of the most annoying experiences of my life yesterday. Saw they had stock in Bristol, wanted to get one immidiately... was jumping in the car when the Mrs decided she wanted to come. This led to half an hour of faffing about. Got to Bristol, she then decided she was thirsty so we had to go to starbucks (shes pregnant, so these demands had to be met)... half an hour of sitting around and finally got the the 02 shop... to see the guy infront of me get the last one in the shop.

Rage.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had one of the most annoying experiences of my life yesterday. Saw they had stock in Bristol, wanted to get one immidiately... was jumping in the car when the Mrs decided she wanted to come. This led to half an hour of faffing about. Got to Bristol, she then decided she was thirsty so we had to go to starbucks (shes pregnant, so these demands had to be met)... half an hour of sitting around and finally got the the 02 shop... to see the guy infront of me get the last one in the shop.

Rage.

:lol:

Rage.

Serves you right for being such an impatient fanboy tart.

Have you noticed how it sucks the life out of the 3GS battery just that little bit quicker?

It's nice. I especially like the multi app when using twitter/safari. Very nice. Folders are pretty cool too. My phone now looks much neater.

Too right it does. I fully charged mine at tea time yesterday. It was dead by 10am this morning.

Rage.

That would be annoying. I thought that was going to happen to me...

Ackey - I'm happy to indulge in geekery. I'm sure the extent of our conversation will be:

*chuckle about how cool it is*

take the piss out of Ryan

*chuckle about how cool it is*

take the piss out of Ryan

He has a go about the fanboy thing but did plenty of cooing at mine during the game yesterday...

Just as the armchair united fan doesn't understand how pathetic he looks, the blinkered iphone fan is amazingly similar.

Sheep.

(Baaaaaa!)

:hooked::rolleyes::whoosh::dunce::ass3::queerim9:

Dear Apple, please relieve me of lots of my hard earned money, in return for a product that I might struggle to use because I'm too stupid to hold it the correct way (As you clearly point out).

Also, if you could see your way to ensuring my enjoyment of the phone is restricted to the use of overpriced gimmicky applications that I can only purchase from yourselves, that would be a great help.

I know I'm already asking a lot, but could you also make video calls almost impossible between myself and any of the non-believers who don't have this ultimate handset (Bloody Philistines!), and while you're at it, restrict all updates and music downloads to your expensive iTunes software for anyone but the smartest of techies? (And why would I want mp3 ringtones anyway?).

Oh, and finally, can you include a really annoying proximity sensor, a tricky simcard release and a lack of removable memory? That would compliment the lack of facility to password protect my data perfectly (Because the easy reset of my keypad lock number should be enough to protect the limited number of works files I can store on the phone).

Please let me know when you want some more money - I'll gladly queue up to hand it over next time you update.

Just as the armchair united fan doesn't understand how pathetic he looks, the blinkered iphone fan is amazingly similar.

Sheep.

(Baaaaaa!)

I'm unable to resist the hook... I. Must. Bite.

Dear Apple, please relieve me of lots of my hard earned money, in return for a product that I might struggle to use because I'm too stupid to hold it the correct way (As you clearly point out).

Unless you hold the phone in a pretty strange way it's fine. This hasn't proved a problem for me once.

Also, if you could see your way to ensuring my enjoyment of the phone is restricted to the use of overpriced gimmicky applications that I can only purchase from yourselves, that would be a great help.

The App store is an unprecedented success. I have, in 18months of iPhone ownership, not paid more than about £10 for Apps and that is madeup mostly a £6 purchase of the NHL App, which proved more than worthwhile.

Despite this minimal outlay I've got about 150 Apps, about 60 of which are still on my phone.

I know I'm already asking a lot, but could you also make video calls almost impossible between myself and any of the non-believers who don't have this ultimate handset (Bloody Philistines!), and while you're at it, restrict all updates and music downloads to your expensive iTunes software for anyone but the smartest of techies? (And why would I want mp3 ringtones anyway?).

You don't have to use iTunes if you don't want, although I admit this does require a slightly elevated understanding.

You can download your MP3s from anywhere and then iTunes will detect them and import them for you (a feature you can disable easily, if it's not for you). You can have MP3 ringtones if you want, and not if you don't.

Oh, and finally, can you include a really annoying proximity sensor, a tricky simcard release and a lack of removable memory? That would compliment the lack of facility to password protect my data perfectly (Because the easy reset of my keypad lock number should be enough to protect the limited number of works files I can store on the phone).

If you're tripping the proximity sensor you must really hold the phone in a batty way. The App store has a host of encryption options available to you and also if you're carrying masses of personal/confidential data on your phone (of any kind) then you're asking for trouble - just as you are if it's on your laptop for that matter.

Please let me know when you want some more money - I'll gladly queue up to hand it over next time you update.

Hell Yeah I will! :wink:

The wife's Android phone is full of pregnancy-related apps :lol:

And that app you've posted is the best fiver you'll ever spend.

Further prove (not that it was needed) that people with android phones are getting plenty, have higher sperm counts and are just generally more manly than the users of lesser smart phones. :grin:

I'm unable to resist the hook... I. Must. Bite. I'd have been disappointed if you hadn't..... :grin:

Unless you hold the phone in a pretty strange way it's fine. What, like limp wristed for example??.

The App store is an unprecedented success. I have, in 18months of iPhone ownership, not paid more than about £10 for Apps and that is madeup mostly a £6 purchase of the NHL App, which proved more than worthwhile.

Despite this minimal outlay I've got about 150 Apps, about 60 of which are still on my phone. Actually, that's impressive. It works out at just 0.4p an app, which is almost unbelievable <_<Though not quite as much a bargain as the hundreds I've downloaded free (I've NEVER had to pay for any - not even N-Drive satnav, Skype, Google Earth or the Silverlight that allows me to watch SkySports 1 & 3 live.)

You don't have to use iTunes if you don't want, although I admit this does require a slightly elevated understanding. I did say that it was achievable by the smarter techies (Who showed you? :wink: )

You can download your MP3s from anywhere and then iTunes will detect them and import them for you (a feature you can disable easily, if it's not for you). You can have MP3 ringtones if you want, and not if you don't. This has changed then - the earlier models insisted in converting the files first which lost a bit of quality

If you're tripping the proximity sensor you must really hold the phone in a batty way. Like the word batty - it seems quite apt for iPhone users, :wink:particularly as it is the single biggest problem reported of the current 4g so far. The App store has a host of encryption options available to you and also if you're carrying masses of personal/confidential data on your phone (of any kind) then you're asking for trouble - just as you are if it's on your laptop for that matter. I have a remote app that formats my drive if I lose my phone - as long as I'm quick to notice it missing of course.

Hell Yeah I will! :wink:I know you will - It's an illness. Like alcoholism, people just won't accept it's gripped them til it's too late. :grin:

I'm trying to help you here, but you need a bit of willpower too! It's not too late you know :lol:

I remember a mate giving a similar rant about MacBooks. He now has one and loves it. Just to correct you:

I hold my phone in my left hand and haven't had this problem. I know how to cause but it hurts my hand to hold it for long enough like that. They have released a fix (albeit a relatively expensive one)

ITunes doesn't have to be used. However, even if it does, it's free. Music and other stuff costs money but you can rip CDs anyway you like as iTunes plays normal mp3s

The proximity sensor issues at the moment are a software glitch that can happen. It'll get remedied soon enough

Regardless of the above, the reason why people put up with these issues is the way the product is so user friendly. The vast majority of apps are free and it is virtually idiot proof

If I were you I'd buy one. You won't regret it. It might event help you get laid ;)

I'd have been disappointed if you hadn't..... :grin:

:grin:

Actually, that's impressive. It works out at just 0.4p an app, which is almost unbelievable [/i]<_< Though not quite as much a bargain as the hundreds I've downloaded free (I've NEVER had to pay for any - not even N-Drive satnav, Skype, Google Earth or the Silverlight that allows me to watch SkySports 1 & 3 live.)

I admit that the iPhone does require you to pay for SatNav. However Skype and G'Earth are both free, along with a host of other superb Apps. Sky charge you for their App as they're Sky and will do anything and everything they can to kill you dead. You can however watch TVCatchup and JustinTV for free. On the 4G screen you're doing this on the best mobile-screen ever produced. It's claimed to produce a resolution higher than it's possible to see with the naked eye and to be honest it's hard to argue with that.

Fanboy mode on or off the screen on the 4G is a work of art. I'd encourage you to have a look at one no matter what your opinions of the product are as a whole.

This has changed then - the earlier models insisted in converting the files first which lost a bit of quality

Nah, easy as now. Quality remains fine.

have a remote app that formats my drive if I lose my phone - as long as I'm quick to notice it missing of course.

iPhone has these too I'm told. I have no need for one. Plus all you do with any phone is call your network and they can remote-nuke it.

I know you will - It's an illness. Like alcoholism, people just won't accept it's gripped them til it's too late. :grin:

:lol:

If I were you I'd buy one. You won't regret it. It might event help you get laid ;)

Hell yeah, OOTB could use Gaydar from anywhere then! :wink: