Everything that's wrong with football

Disgusting...people choosing to be with their family and their sick daughter rather than playing football. Needs to get his priorities sorted.

If that genuinely turns out to be the reason, I'll take it back. When he turns up in Italy or Spain at the end of January, I won't be surprised.

From watching Soccer What-you-ma-call-it on SS1 this morning, the implication seems to be his agent is in Citeh's ear trying to wangle himself an extra 20%. Apparently earlier this season he was looking to add an extra year (already on a 5 year deal) and up Tevez' pay... stinks don't it?

From watching Soccer What-you-ma-call-it on SS1 this morning, the implication seems to be his agent is in Citeh's ear trying to wangle himself an extra 20%. Apparently earlier this season he was looking to add an extra year (already on a 5 year deal) and up Tevez' pay... stinks don't it?

His 'Owner' wants to renegotiate a contract that has 3 1/2 years to run, disgraceful... :ranting:

His falling out with City is apparently over the behaviour of some of their executives, but isn't Mancini nor the Sheik, so who does that leave? I wonder if the same executive is the source behind Rodney Marsh's comments that Tevez earns £286,000/week tax free.

Frankly, what I really hate (and someone else made this comment elsewhere) is how the clubs are quick to blame the agents for their player's greed (plus the agent's naturally) but are quite happy to deal with the agent in perhaps some dodgy ways to bring that player to the club in the first place. See Stafford, Rooney and Man U (not mentioning what Panorama revealed a few years ago about red nose), and Joorbiachan, Tevez and Citeh. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Anything that makes City look a laughing stock is fine by me........Keep it up Carlito.

I think it's all been engineered by City to keep themselves well clear of Newcastle in the World's Funniest Club competition. Newcastle deserve to be taken seriously in it but they are still nowhere near City's class.

I was gobsmacked at the £286,000 TAX FREE when I heard Marsh on radio. Its insulting to any young lad who dreams of playing football. Hope City fail in true City fashion....

I hope they fail in more than true City fashion, I hope they fail in fashions as yet unthought of.

Not the only footballer who is exploiting a loophole in the tax system I would imagine

No loophole I don't think. it's just how much he is said to be paid when all is said and done. Not that there is any shame in arranging your finances within the rules to prevent the taxman taking more of your cash. Whereas there is irredeemable, horrific shame in playing for Machester City.

No loophole I don't think. it's just how much he is said to be paid when all is said and done. Not that there is any shame in arranging your finances within the rules to prevent the taxman taking more of your cash. Whereas there is irredeemable, horrific shame in playing for Machester City.

No I don't think there is a loophole... I think City will be basically paying him much more than the quoted amount and basically paying his taxes for him. I think a lot of footballers also set up limited companies and pay themselves a combination of salary and dividends and invoice the clubs.

As for their being no "shame" in arranging your affairs to pay less tax, well that very much depends on your morals etc :) It is certainly not illegal if done correctly.

Edited by oafc0000