Super League & The Roughyeds

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never wanted to lose Matty Smith more a natural '7' than Kyle will ver be, who I can see playing full-back more and more, I thought Stephen Tyrer was another one that should have been kept on too - bloomin' salary cap!

I love the salary cap. Stops Wigan dominating again anyway!

I'd still like to see how they've funded the three 'loanees' from Melbourne...

Good win for Saints tonight, eased up with 35 minutes to go and won at a canter. Good games from Eastmond and Roby apparently, LMS impressed too. Regulation win for Leeds at Hull, decent game though and O'Merely for Hull looks a real handful.

Roughyeds suffered a disappointing 29-20 defeat to Swinton Lions in the Northern Rail Cup.

Next game is at home to Whitehaven, Sunday 27th @ 3pm who they beat 50-0 in a pre-season game this season. Hopefully will be something similar and get back to winning ways.

2 win out of 2 for the Quins!!!

Off to a London coaches seminar on Wednesday night hosted by the legend that is ............. Wayne Bennett!!! :imnotworthy:

Yeah the wife has Gale and Dorn in her fantasy team on my recommendation - she's wiping the floor with me!!!! Just 'signed' Gale. On another another note young Louis is quickly becoming a favourite amongst Saints fans...

What an utter bag of crap this weekend's turning out to be. Suppose it had to happen for Warrington eventually, but the bloke who texted into GMR yesterday to say "Mark Hughes' volley was the best goal i've ever seen, oh and by the way well done to the Wire last night" still needs a slap.

What an utter bag of crap this weekend's turning out to be. Suppose it had to happen for Warrington eventually, but the bloke who texted into GMR yesterday to say "Mark Hughes' volley was the best goal i've ever seen, oh and by the way well done to the Wire last night" still needs a slap.

Heard it's being announced that 'Biscuit Boy' is joining Bath with immediate effect - announced tomorrow...

Interesting quote from Eastmond on the Saints site:

I would like to apologise to all the fans as I should have come over and thanked them for their support with the rest of the team.

I have always appreciated the fans' support throughout my career and I hope I will continue to do so. I will strive to repay them throughout the rest of the season.

He might have to apologise again if he leaves after saying that. Was gutted when the news first broke that he might be leaving but it's starting to look like he won't be that great a loss. A player who can't be arsed is no use to anyone, however good they might be.

Eastmond: The simple reason it's been dragging on with Saints / Bath is that Bath want him for September / Saints want him gone now. Bath obviously don't have plans for him for the rest of the season and so don't want to pay him 6/7 months wages for nothing. If it's true he's staying till the end of the season... Saints have been well and truely shafted by Bath :grin:

Quins .. top of the league, Quins, Quins top of the league!!!!! :wink:

Eastmond: The simple reason it's been dragging on with Saints / Bath is that Bath want him for September / Saints want him gone now. Bath obviously don't have plans for him for the rest of the season and so don't want to pay him 6/7 months wages for nothing. If it's true he's staying till the end of the season... Saints have been well and truely shafted by Bath :grin:

Quins .. top of the league, Quins, Quins top of the league!!!!! :wink:

Mark, or anyone with a Rugby affection, Did "Quins" used to be London Bronco's or is it a seperate club entirely? I assumed they were a different club and then recently saw that London Bronco's dont exist anymore?

Mark, or anyone with a Rugby affection, Did "Quins" used to be London Bronco's or is it a seperate club entirely? I assumed they were a different club and then recently saw that London Bronco's dont exist anymore?

Yeah the Bronco's are now Harlequins. Same team. WONGA.

Outstanding Warrington performance against Leeds. Impressed by their new young centre. Think I'll go for them as outside bet, although they do have previous in beating top sides and losing against the crap teams

Outstanding Warrington performance against Leeds. Impressed by their new young centre. Think I'll go for them as outside bet, although they do have previous in beating top sides and losing against the crap teams

Warrington imo (and I hate to say it) are THE team to watch in Super League, however they need to step up and get to a GF. Winning the challenge cup two years running is a great achievement but its time they extended their season into October.

Great win for Saints last night at Catalans - a place that has never been a happy hunting ground for us, just watched the highlights and for all my (and others) criticism of Eastmond, he was superb in attack and defence last night. Sad to see that Leon Pryce lasted less than 20 minutes after eight months out.

Might go and watch them in their second game at Widnes' Stobart v Harlequins next Friday night…is either that or Orient :shock:

Roughyeds got beat 4-14 by Whitehaven, a team they beat 50-0 in pre season. Not good at all. Today they have got Amateur side Hunslet Warriors at home in the 3rd Round of the Carnegie Challenge Cup.

Roughyeds got beat 4-14 by Whitehaven, a team they beat 50-0 in pre season. Not good at all. Today they have got Amateur side Hunslet Warriors at home in the 3rd Round of the Carnegie Challenge Cup.

A chance to notch up a few points and regain a bit of confidence! Tbh the real stuff doesn't start til next week anyway. The NRC is always a bit of a distraction to teams other than those in the Championship. Would love Roughyeds to play Saints in the CC, just so they get a decent payday...

A chance to notch up a few points and regain a bit of confidence! Tbh the real stuff doesn't start til next week anyway. The NRC is always a bit of a distraction to teams other than those in the Championship. Would love Roughyeds to play Saints in the CC, just so they get a decent payday...

Roughyeds scrape home 28-16, in other Challenge Cup news there was a cigarette paper between Northumbria University and York City Knights with the York side notching up a mere132 points to Nil win!!!!!!!