Super League & The Roughyeds

I went to the game yesterday. Hunslet looked really good and ran Oldham close.

Sad to see Oldham playing at that stadium though. Really sad. Just goes to show how far they have fallen.

Also couldn't believe how many police vans turned up at the end. There was only 500 people there!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roughyeds scrape home 28-16, in other Challenge Cup news there was a cigarette paper between Northumbria University and York City Knights with the York side notching up a mere132 points to Nil win!!!!!!!

:grin: :grin: :grin: As a student of the uni in Newcastle, (as opposed to the poly) this brings a smile to my face, but since Newcastle University have beaten Newcastle Polytechnic at RL this year I'm not surprised a semi-pro side have given them a beating.

Anyone know what's going on with Martin Gleeson? There's a post on the Saints forum saying that any threads about him will be removed as "I am aware of a court case at the moment that is proceeding against a poster on a RL Forum". :blink:

Anyone know what's going on with Martin Gleeson? There's a post on the Saints forum saying that any threads about him will be removed as "I am aware of a court case at the moment that is proceeding against a poster on a RL Forum". :blink:

Kind of, but told to keep stum.

Wonder if he'll enjoy Oz ?

Turned up training hammered, not for first time.

Rumours: Well him and Newton were best buddies, I'll leave it at that for now

The guy should be being helped now tossed aside. Hock is getting a lot of help from Wigum, hmmmmmm then again Hock still as a good few seasons ahead of him.

He's already in OZ

Does that mean I have to read the Daily Star ?!?!?!?! :shock:

:grin: No, just use Google. Please don't think that i read the Star.

Gleeson's always been a bit of a headcase (easy to see how him and Newton would get on). Great player, though, it'd be a shame to see his career ending with him being thrown on the scrapheap, whatever his off-the-field problems.

Talking to my brother-in-law today, apparently Eastmond responded to the Saints fans quite justifiably booing him after him half-arsed 'performance' on Friday by making w**ker gestures at them. I can't see him seeing out his contract to be honest.

Eastmond suspended ............ SHOCKED :D

Alledged led from Saints fans complaining about gestures being made at them by him .... oh the irony :D Saints wanting him to go to Bath before the season started, nice get out claus for Saints to cancel his contract. Didn't expect that ^_^

Oh look... Dobson is not registered with a club B)

Eastmond suspended ............ SHOCKED :D

Alledged led from Saints fans complaining about gestures being made at them by him .... oh the irony :D Saints wanting him to go to Bath before the season started, nice get out claus for Saints to cancel his contract. Didn't expect that ^_^

Oh look... Dobson is not registered with a club B)

Good riddance to the biscuit jointed midget….I really don't know what Bath think they are getting, the lad's no Robinson, he's always forever flattered to deceive - and has a heart the size of the Grinch's. Really not sorry to see the lad go at all...

Good riddance to the biscuit jointed midget….I really don't know what Bath think they are getting, the lad's no Robinson, he's always forever flattered to deceive - and has a heart the size of the Grinch's. Really not sorry to see the lad go at all...

Great win for Saints last night at Leeds, tough battle between two teams blighted by injuries not helped by some awful officiating that bordered on the embarrassing!

Meanwhile, the Roughyeds have been drawn away to Hull FC in the Challenge Cup 4th Round, they've no chance but might get a few quid from the few thousand that turn up to the KC...

Great win for Saints last night at Leeds, tough battle between two teams blighted by injuries not helped by some awful officiating that bordered on the embarrassing!

Meanwhile, the Roughyeds have been drawn away to Hull FC in the Challenge Cup 4th Round, they've no chance but might get a few quid from the few thousand that turn up to the KC...

Roughyeds play at Hull on Saturday 7th May - 1pm KO

Kyle Eastmond's suspension has been lifted, he was found guilty of making offensive gestures to Saints fans during the Harlequins defeat. Tbh I don't thing he'll pull on the Red Vee again.

Last night's action saw Saints see off 'Brian' Potter's Bulls by 28-16, another good game by Foster that saw both sides have a player sent to the bin.

The televised match proved my prediction that Warrington could well be the real deal this season having beaten Leeds and Wigan and Saints away from home. Warrington, especially in the first half tore Wigan to shreds with the quick pass along the line out wide. They thoroughly deserved there win and surely this is the year they get to OT. A side not from the game was the petulance of Sam Tomkins, caught on camera twice kicking an opponent, once a swipe, the secon kicking an opponent on the ground. As usual Alibert missed both incidents (But I think he had his best game ever with a whistle).

I hope the RFL take action, such behaviour does not belong on an RL field.

• 4 weeks later...

Roughyeds play at Hull on Saturday 7th May - 1pm KO

Kyle Eastmond's suspension has been lifted, he was found guilty of making offensive gestures to Saints fans during the Harlequins defeat. Tbh I don't thing he'll pull on the Red Vee again.

Last night's action saw Saints see off 'Brian' Potter's Bulls by 28-16, another good game by Foster that saw both sides have a player sent to the bin.

The televised match proved my prediction that Warrington could well be the real deal this season having beaten Leeds and Wigan and Saints away from home. Warrington, especially in the first half tore Wigan to shreds with the quick pass along the line out wide. They thoroughly deserved there win and surely this is the year they get to OT. A side not from the game was the petulance of Sam Tomkins, caught on camera twice kicking an opponent, once a swipe, the secon kicking an opponent on the ground. As usual Alibert missed both incidents (But I think he had his best game ever with a whistle).

I hope the RFL take action, such behaviour does not belong on an RL field.

Another Super Show by Jamie Foster saw Saints destroy a poor if determined Wakefield outfit. Leeds still seem to be missing McGuire and Peacock after being hammered at home against Hudds. Mick 'Brian' Potter shows his brilliance as a coach by taking his Bradford side to the Willows and seeing them get slapped by one of the league's strugglers, conceding 56 points!

Top weekend in store for the RL fan, with 5 games between Thursday and Monday. With the highlights being the Hull derby, Bradford v Leeds and of course the big one - Wigan v Saints at the Pie Dome.

Special mention for the Roughyeds who finally stopped the rot by hammering London Skolars yesterday

Edited by oafcprozac

Another Super Show by Jamie Foster saw Saints destroy a poor if determined Wakefield outfit. Leeds still seem to be missing McGuire and Peacock after being hammered at home against Hudds. Mick 'Brian' Potter shows his brilliance as a coach by taking his Bradford side to the Willows and seeing them get slapped by one of the league's strugglers, conceding 56 points!

Top weekend in store for the RL fan, with 5 games between Thursday and Monday. With the highlights being the Hull derby, Bradford v Leeds and of course the big one - Wigan v Saints at the Pie Dome.

Special mention for the Roughyeds who finally stopped the rot by hammering London Skolars yesterday

Whats the average attendance of Oldham RL these days?

Yesterdays turn out was 566. About 300 down on last season :D

I tried in the early 80's to go to sheddings but the vitriolic attitude to Latics from those Oldham rugby fans really shocked me.

Since they they have got back the same.

What compared the support always shown by Latics fans to the Yeds all those years ago :shock:

Lets be honest football is a poncy game!! I can say that I only go to Latics for a few beers with me mates ....... I have little interest in actually watching the game that closely.

What compared the support always shown by Latics fans to the Yeds all those years ago :shock:

Lets be honest football is a poncy game!! I can say that I only go to Latics for a few beers with me mates ....... I have little interest in actually watching the game that closely.

Won a Family Pass for the Wigan v Saints game on Friday courtesy of the Sunday People... :bblue2:

Nice to see some of you at least taking an interest in what we are doing this season :)

Last year we suffered very very badly when our Stand Off Neil Roden was injured, the only 3 games we lost all year, he didn't play in. Nothing has changed this year and as you will have seen, we've had heavy losses against Swinton, Workington and Keighley without him. All it needs is our chairman to get his hand in his pocket and invest in a good half back and I can see us having enough to be there or there abouts again this year.

Whitebank is a dump, that's all thanks to our fantastic council who as we all know, couldn't give a f*ck about sport in this town :(

We've got Rochdale at home this Friday and in our usual good Friday derby game, should be a good match and hopefully it will be three points for the Roughyeds!

Nice to see some of you at least taking an interest in what we are doing this season :)

Last year we suffered very very badly when our Stand Off Neil Roden was injured, the only 3 games we lost all year, he didn't play in. Nothing has changed this year and as you will have seen, we've had heavy losses against Swinton, Workington and Keighley without him. All it needs is our chairman to get his hand in his pocket and invest in a good half back and I can see us having enough to be there or there abouts again this year.

Whitebank is a dump, that's all thanks to our fantastic council who as we all know, couldn't give a f*ck about sport in this town :(

We've got Rochdale at home this Friday and in our usual good Friday derby game, should be a good match and hopefully it will be three points for the Roughyeds!

Hopefully they can gain a bit of momentum now they've stopped the bad run. You going to Hull? Divided loyalties eh? We're (Latics) at home to The Mongs and the Roughyeds off to Humberside on the same afternoon.

Just booked my Challenge Cup Final tickets, do the Grand Final every year but never done a CC Final, so at £10 ticket, thought 'sod it!' Sat up in the Gods, where I was for the League Two Play Off FInal in 2008 but it was still a cracking view and will be awesome to see the new Wembley full after there being about 30,000 there for the afore mentioned League Two final, taking the wife and kids and making a weekend of it...

Edited by oafcprozac

Hopefully they can gain a bit of momentum now they've stopped the bad run. You going to Hull? Divided loyalties eh? We're (Latics) at home to The Mongs and the Roughyeds off to Humberside on the same afternoon.

Just booked my Challenge Cup Final tickets, do the Grand Final every year but never done a CC Final, so at £10 ticket, thought 'sod it!' Sat up in the Gods, where I was for the League Two Play Off FInal in 2008 but it was still a cracking view and will be awesome to see the new Wembley full after there being about 30,000 there for the afore mentioned League Two final, taking the wife and kids and making a weekend of it...

It's going to be disappointing missing the last game of the season but I think it's going to be a one off to watch Roughyeds in a stadium like that. The last SL team we drew was Wakefield away and it was a complete and utter dump, it also looked like they fiddled the attendance.

I went to the first CC final at the new Wembley when it was Catalans v Saints, great day out. Sat low down in the East Stand, had a good view but because of the shape of the roof that corner of the stadium seems to have the sun shining on it, never been as hot in my life. Will always prefer the SL grand final though, it's a great night out every year and it normally takes my mind of Roughyeds latest Grand Final loss :(

Edited by dec666

It's going to be disappointing missing the last game of the season but I think it's going to be a one off to watch Roughyeds in a stadium like that. The last SL team we drew was Wakefield away and it was a complete and utter dump, it also looked like they fiddled the attendance.

I went to the first CC final at the new Wembley when it was Catalans v Saints, great day out. Sat low down in the East Stand, had a good view but because of the shape of the roof that corner of the stadium seems to have the sun shining on it, never been as hot in my life. Will always prefer the SL grand final though, it's a great night out every year and it normally takes my mind of Roughyeds latest Grand Final loss :(

Don't blame you tbh, should be a good day out for the hardy band of diehards remaining, and dare I say a fair few using it as an excuse or a day out and a monumental pissup...