107 replies to this topic

#41 Roger Ritchie

Roger Ritchie

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:13 PM

Heard it's being announced that 'Biscuit Boy' is joining Bath with immediate effect - announced tomorrow...

He didn't want to know on Friday. Didn't take on the line once. Damage limitation.

Saints were awful from one to thirteen though.
If we ain't getting through to you, you obviously ain't listening!

#42 rosa

rosa

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts
  • Team:Oldham Athletic

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:35 PM

Interesting quote from Eastmond on the Saints site:

I would like to apologise to all the fans as I should have come over and thanked them for their support with the rest of the team.
I have always appreciated the fans' support throughout my career and I hope I will continue to do so. I will strive to repay them throughout the rest of the season.

He might have to apologise again if he leaves after saying that. Was gutted when the news first broke that he might be leaving but it's starting to look like he won't be that great a loss. A player who can't be arsed is no use to anyone, however good they might be.

rosavoiceofreason_zps802557c9.jpg

#43 Markoasis

Markoasis

Paul Gerrard

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:05 PM

Eastmond: The simple reason it's been dragging on with Saints / Bath is that Bath want him for September / Saints want him gone now. Bath obviously don't have plans for him for the rest of the season and so don't want to pay him 6/7 months wages for nothing. If it's true he's staying till the end of the season... Saints have been well and truely shafted by Bath :grin:

Quins .. top of the league, Quins, Quins top of the league!!!!! :wink:

#44 Lee Sinnott

Lee Sinnott

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,144 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

Eastmond: The simple reason it's been dragging on with Saints / Bath is that Bath want him for September / Saints want him gone now. Bath obviously don't have plans for him for the rest of the season and so don't want to pay him 6/7 months wages for nothing. If it's true he's staying till the end of the season... Saints have been well and truely shafted by Bath :grin:

Quins .. top of the league, Quins, Quins top of the league!!!!! :wink:

Mark, or anyone with a Rugby affection, Did "Quins" used to be London Bronco's or is it a seperate club entirely? I assumed they were a different club and then recently saw that London Bronco's dont exist anymore?
If Part B comes before Part C, what comes before Part B?

#45 Roger Ritchie

Roger Ritchie

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

Mark, or anyone with a Rugby affection, Did "Quins" used to be London Bronco's or is it a seperate club entirely? I assumed they were a different club and then recently saw that London Bronco's dont exist anymore?

Yeah the Bronco's are now Harlequins. Same team. WONGA.

#46 joe_lead

joe_lead

Danny Boshell

• OWTB Member
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

Outstanding Warrington performance against Leeds. Impressed by their new young centre. Think I'll go for them as outside bet, although they do have previous in beating top sides and losing against the crap teams
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth.

#47 oafcprozac

oafcprozac

John Sheridan

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

Outstanding Warrington performance against Leeds. Impressed by their new young centre. Think I'll go for them as outside bet, although they do have previous in beating top sides and losing against the crap teams

Warrington imo (and I hate to say it) are THE team to watch in Super League, however they need to step up and get to a GF. Winning the challenge cup two years running is a great achievement but its time they extended their season into October.

Great win for Saints last night at Catalans - a place that has never been a happy hunting ground for us, just watched the highlights and for all my (and others) criticism of Eastmond, he was superb in attack and defence last night. Sad to see that Leon Pryce lasted less than 20 minutes after eight months out.

Might go and watch them in their second game at Widnes' Stobart v Harlequins next Friday night…is either that or Orient :shock:

7dmv.jpg

#48 Macca

Macca

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:58 PM

Roughyeds got beat 4-14 by Whitehaven, a team they beat 50-0 in pre season. Not good at all. Today they have got Amateur side Hunslet Warriors at home in the 3rd Round of the Carnegie Challenge Cup.

#49 oafcprozac

oafcprozac

John Sheridan

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

Roughyeds got beat 4-14 by Whitehaven, a team they beat 50-0 in pre season. Not good at all. Today they have got Amateur side Hunslet Warriors at home in the 3rd Round of the Carnegie Challenge Cup.

A chance to notch up a few points and regain a bit of confidence! Tbh the real stuff doesn't start til next week anyway. The NRC is always a bit of a distraction to teams other than those in the Championship. Would love Roughyeds to play Saints in the CC, just so they get a decent payday...

7dmv.jpg

#50 oafcprozac

oafcprozac

John Sheridan

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

A chance to notch up a few points and regain a bit of confidence! Tbh the real stuff doesn't start til next week anyway. The NRC is always a bit of a distraction to teams other than those in the Championship. Would love Roughyeds to play Saints in the CC, just so they get a decent payday...

Roughyeds scrape home 28-16, in other Challenge Cup news there was a cigarette paper between Northumbria University and York City Knights with the York side notching up a mere132 points to Nil win!!!!!!!

7dmv.jpg

#51 Roger Ritchie

Roger Ritchie

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:02 PM

I went to the game yesterday. Hunslet looked really good and ran Oldham close.

Sad to see Oldham playing at that stadium though. Really sad. Just goes to show how far they have fallen.

Also couldn't believe how many police vans turned up at the end. There was only 500 people there!

#52 rudemedic

rudemedic

David Eyres

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,493 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

Roughyeds scrape home 28-16, in other Challenge Cup news there was a cigarette paper between Northumbria University and York City Knights with the York side notching up a mere132 points to Nil win!!!!!!!

:grin: :grin: :grin: As a student of the uni in Newcastle, (as opposed to the poly) this brings a smile to my face, but since Newcastle University have beaten Newcastle Polytechnic at RL this year I'm not surprised a semi-pro side have given them a beating.
"Cavete mens ludos"

"If all else fails- Monocle smile" - The old Spice guy

"Rudemedic is right" Stevie J 19/6/13 

"A man must have a code." Bunk, the Wire

"Who rigs every Oscar night, We do" The Stonecutters, The Simpsons

#53 rosa

rosa

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

Anyone know what's going on with Martin Gleeson? There's a post on the Saints forum saying that any threads about him will be removed as "I am aware of a court case at the moment that is proceeding against a poster on a RL Forum". :blink:

#54 Markoasis

Markoasis

Paul Gerrard

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:39 PM

Anyone know what's going on with Martin Gleeson? There's a post on the Saints forum saying that any threads about him will be removed as "I am aware of a court case at the moment that is proceeding against a poster on a RL Forum". :blink:

Kind of, but told to keep stum.

Wonder if he'll enjoy Oz ?

#55 rosa

rosa

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

Kind of, but told to keep stum.

Wonder if he'll enjoy Oz ?

Fair enough. Any truth in what the Daily Star reported yesterday?

#56 Markoasis

Markoasis

Paul Gerrard

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

Fair enough. Any truth in what the Daily Star reported yesterday?

Does that mean I have to read the Daily Star ?!?!?!?! :shock:

Just hoping Clubb doesn't leave Quins for Wigwam

#57 Markoasis

Markoasis

Paul Gerrard

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

Turned up training hammered, not for first time.

Rumours: Well him and Newton were best buddies, I'll leave it at that for now

The guy should be being helped now tossed aside. Hock is getting a lot of help from Wigum, hmmmmmm then again Hock still as a good few seasons ahead of him.

He's already in OZ

#58 rosa

rosa

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:23 PM

Does that mean I have to read the Daily Star ?!?!?!?! :shock:

:grin: No, just use Google. Please don't think that i read the Star.

Gleeson's always been a bit of a headcase (easy to see how him and Newton would get on). Great player, though, it'd be a shame to see his career ending with him being thrown on the scrapheap, whatever his off-the-field problems.

#59 Markoasis

Markoasis

Paul Gerrard

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:58 PM

QuinsRL ... QuinsRL... QuinsRL ... QuinsRL!!!

Coach of the month Powelly!!! Enough said :grin:

#60 rosa

rosa

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:11 PM

Well this is turning out to be another crap weekend. The sooner the new ground gets built and we can leave the giant chemical toilet that is Widnes, the better.