Super League & The Roughyeds

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: They're all :censored:e.

Of the five consecutive GF defeats, that hurt the most. Can't bring myself to watch it again. Leeds imo deserved it on their first half defensive effort alone but when we went 16-8 up I thought (nervously) we had broken them. Wellens and Shenton going off injured didn't help us, neither did Meli going wide (he's been awesome in the centres this year but let us down badly late on) we had no other option to put him out there and therein lies our problem with a lack of depth.

As for Leeds, McDermott used Burrow brilliantly, bringing him on in both halves when we were out on our feet and he won the game for them! No complaints with the Final Score, just gutted at our capitulation but still very proud of getting to a GF no-one gave us a prayer of getting to in the Spring. We've got it all to look forward to now, Marquee signings, new ground and the wonder-kids will be a year older and although it'll take some time to get over yet more disappointment, by February i'll be up for it again but i'd gladly swap for going out of the play-offs with a whimper than having to endure more heartache at Old Trafford.

• 4 months later...

If this isn't the best last tackle of the game play this season I want to see what beats it

It was awesome, shame it was against Saints with the last play of the game! TBH Catalans deserved it, we failed to wrap them up in the tackle and they had ben offloading all night. As usual Saints went off the boil in the last 20 minutes and although there was a procession of questionable penalties that led to our downfall - Catalans on their 2nd half showing deserved the win. Unless we get some grunt in the pack and start learning to make the hard yards that Jammer made week after week, we'll have little say in where the silverware goes this season. That's not to say we aren's as entertaining as ever, but boy are we light up top and then when defending. We're conceding far too many points (104 in 4 games).

If this isn't the best last tackle of the game play this season I want to see what beats it

I very occasionally watch RL on TV and also attend the CC Final and/or the Grand Final most years as a purely social "let's get wellied with the lads" type of outing but I'm pretty far from being a fan. My dad used to take me to Sheddings occasionally but it never took.

However....switched on the St Helens v Catalans game and that last tackle had me on the edge of my seat roaring my head off. Fantastically exciting.

While I'm here talking about my new found love of all things egg shaped....what's the deal with Oldham and promotion this year? I understand that there are four teams getting promoted but out of everyone else in the division they are the only ones whose ground would fail to get the nod. Is this being rectified or are they doomed to be playing the likes of London Skolars and Hemel Stags for ever more?