Firefox4

rudemedic

Chrome is rapid. Opera is versatile. Firefox is solid. IE is :censored:e. Safari is bloated.

Cheers I might have a go with Chrome or Opera next time I need to add one but it could be due to my lappy's increasing malfunction Firefox might be best anyway.

I had used firefox for several years until I switched to Chrome around May last year, I had a quick look at FF4 last night, it seemed ok but I think I will stick with chrome. I like the sync feature, you link it in with your gmail account and it keeps bookmarks and extensions (add-ons in FF) in sync across all your pcs. I use it on my work pc, home pc and laptop so wherever I am I can get to my favourite sites easily and without thinking, plus the ad-blockers are then installed too. I am aware of FF add-ons that do this but it is built into chrome.

This is just from a usability perspective, from a speed perspective chrome is quick at rendering the pages and there is a good blocker with it that stops most malware infected pages causing trouble too.

The 3 main free browsers of FF, Chrome and Opera all have zealots who will champion their browser of choice, I would recommend trying them all and seeing which one you prefer. The list doesn't stop with these 3, there are many browsers out there as you can see from this list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_web_browsers

Some may not work on your operating system though.