trannies going up?

How much did they get for Jennings?

They must be about to throw some of that money about coz they aint gettin anywhere near the playoffs with last seasons squad!

according to the article he thinks his CURRENT SQUAD is good enough to go up. i will find the link to the article now and post it

They finished above us in the table last season. It's no different Dickov saying similar which I think he has, or something along them lines.

It's 20% PR being a manager these days. Lip service to keep the fans happy. Tranmere will probably be similar to us again, fighting the drop zone, along with Bury and probably Rochdale this time given they've shot their load. Can you imagine the uproar amongst fans if the manager comes out, a few weeks before the season with "Tell you what, I've looked at the squad and we're utterly :censored:ed. But I'll give it a shot anyway".

Bottom line is look at the table, especially for the last few season. It's heavily weighted on those with money and momentum behind them. The clubs like us, Tranmere, Walsall, Brentford etc. We're just stagnant now and awaiting either a cash injection from an owner who fancies a shot at football club roulette or eventual relegation which will probably see us looking at division 3 as the best we could ever hope for.

Bottom line is look at the table, especially for the last few season. It's heavily weighted on those with money and momentum behind them. The clubs like us, Tranmere, Walsall, Brentford etc. We're just stagnant now and awaiting either a cash injection from an owner who fancies a shot at football club roulette or eventual relegation which will probably see us looking at division 3 as the best we could ever hope for.

Brentford have just had a huge injection of cash from new investors and have managed to sign the likes of Donaldson and Douglas, expect them to break that middle of the road group. The one thing that gives a club like us hope is that there is usually a suprise package each season in this Division

Brentford have just had a huge injection of cash from new investors and have managed to sign the likes of Donaldson and Douglas, expect them to break that middle of the road group. The one thing that gives a club like us hope is that there is usually a suprise package each season in this Division

such as orient last season

The surprise package of last season was Bournemouth. But they had momentum behind them, similar to Rochdale. It's when that momentum stops is when the trouble kicks in. I'd not consider Orient the surprise package. They had a good run at the right time of the season. We had a good run but on the wrong time of the season.

Our best chance to get out of this division, as was Tranmere's was the first season we came down. Once you start hanging about for a few years the rot sets in, as both clubs have seen and several more who are below us.

The surprise package of last season was Bournemouth. But they had momentum behind them, similar to Rochdale. It's when that momentum stops is when the trouble kicks in. I'd not consider Orient the surprise package. They had a good run at the right time of the season. We had a good run but on the wrong time of the season.

Our best chance to get out of this division, as was Tranmere's was the first season we came down. Once you start hanging about for a few years the rot sets in, as both clubs have seen and several more who are below us.

Grim though it's been there are plenty of clubs of not dissimilar status who've fallen further. oxford, Luton, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Bradford, Swindon, Stockport etc...

"The majority of the players in our dressing room have played together for a year. We could almost put out an XI that has played 25 games together.I think there's a massive bonus for us. The lads know each other and they know what it is like to play alongside each other and flirt with relegation."

FTFY Mr Parry

• 7 months later...