23 replies to this topic

#1 c.hill12

c.hill12

Earl Barrett

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

according to sky sports les parry is aiming for automatic promotion but if they end up in play-offs 'so be it'

:unsure: :o

Before doing anything online, visit the playershare website and see if you could help us. Whether booking a holiday, buying on amazon or anything else go via the webshop.
Even book your away day trains and hotel!!!!!!!
http://www.easyfundr...ticsplayershare
Onwards and upwards!

#2 Tommy_Fent

Tommy_Fent

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Team:Oldham Athletic

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

that reminds me of the time Brian Talbot said we were going to win the league

"when you support a rubbish team, the joy of victory will always outweigh the despair of defeat"

#3 oldhamandy1

oldhamandy1

Gunnar Halle

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

Wow talk about setting yourself up to fail.

#4 Gaz_Oafc

Gaz_Oafc

Earl Barrett

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

How much did they get for Jennings?

They must be about to throw some of that money about coz they aint gettin anywhere near the playoffs with last seasons squad!

#5 PlayItLivo

PlayItLivo

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:40 PM

Good to see Spongebob has a sense of humour.

Posted Image

"So Dickov says, we don't need you anymore Pav, we've got Warren Feeney!"

#6 youngen

youngen

Earl Barrett

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

Good to see Spongebob has a sense of humour.

Owain Fon Williams and 2 kids they had on loan last season (think from Sunderland) are all I have seen them sign, I would be very suprised to see them up there

#7 c.hill12

c.hill12

Earl Barrett

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:47 PM

How much did they get for Jennings?

They must be about to throw some of that money about coz they aint gettin anywhere near the playoffs with last seasons squad!

according to the article he thinks his CURRENT SQUAD is good enough to go up. i will find the link to the article now and post it

Before doing anything online, visit the playershare website and see if you could help us. Whether booking a holiday, buying on amazon or anything else go via the webshop.
Onwards and upwards!

#8 c.hill12

c.hill12

Earl Barrett

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

according to the article he thinks his CURRENT SQUAD is good enough to go up. i will find the link to the article now and post it

parry

Onwards and upwards!

#9 razza699

razza699

Filipe Morais

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

parry

nothing like optimism but he is in dream land

#10 slystallone

slystallone

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

parry

I like the cut of his jib - self deprecating humour is a nice trait to have!!

Shockingly bad at media work is good old uncle Les, if I were their chairman; I'd ban him from speaking to anyone in case he spouts more drivel or drops another clanger.
“Rambo isn't violent. I see Rambo as a philanthropist.”

Sylvester Stallone

#11 c.hill12

c.hill12

Earl Barrett

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

fon williams has them down as an ambitios club and dreams of 1 day himself lifting the fa cup or league title.

ofw

Onwards and upwards!

#12 edhunteruk

edhunteruk

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:06 PM

fon williams has them down as an ambitios club and dreams of 1 day himself lifting the fa cup or league title.

ofw

he must be smacked off his tits on victory v's if he thinks trampmere are going up.....god loves a trier though
"THESE COLOURS DON'T RUN"

#13 Frankly Mr Shankly

Frankly Mr Shankly

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,722 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:50 PM

They finished above us in the table last season. It's no different Dickov saying similar which I think he has, or something along them lines.

It's 20% PR being a manager these days. Lip service to keep the fans happy. Tranmere will probably be similar to us again, fighting the drop zone, along with Bury and probably Rochdale this time given they've shot their load. Can you imagine the uproar amongst fans if the manager comes out, a few weeks before the season with "Tell you what, I've looked at the squad and we're utterly fucked. But I'll give it a shot anyway".

Bottom line is look at the table, especially for the last few season. It's heavily weighted on those with money and momentum behind them. The clubs like us, Tranmere, Walsall, Brentford etc. We're just stagnant now and awaiting either a cash injection from an owner who fancies a shot at football club roulette or eventual relegation which will probably see us looking at division 3 as the best we could ever hope for.

"The ball was drilled low across the face of the area by Zola to a rampaging riddler, about 20 yards out near the corner of the penalty area. One touch from Cooksey and thwaboom! The ball seared the turf as it cracked into the bottom left corner. It was a truly brilliant goal, with fluid teamwork and a marvellous finish giving Davison no chance at all."

#14 Tommy_Fent

Tommy_Fent

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

Bottom line is look at the table, especially for the last few season. It's heavily weighted on those with money and momentum behind them. The clubs like us, Tranmere, Walsall, Brentford etc. We're just stagnant now and awaiting either a cash injection from an owner who fancies a shot at football club roulette or eventual relegation which will probably see us looking at division 3 as the best we could ever hope for.

Brentford have just had a huge injection of cash from new investors and have managed to sign the likes of Donaldson and Douglas, expect them to break that middle of the road group. The one thing that gives a club like us hope is that there is usually a suprise package each season in this Division

"when you support a rubbish team, the joy of victory will always outweigh the despair of defeat"

#15 c.hill12

c.hill12

Earl Barrett

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:14 PM

Brentford have just had a huge injection of cash from new investors and have managed to sign the likes of Donaldson and Douglas, expect them to break that middle of the road group. The one thing that gives a club like us hope is that there is usually a suprise package each season in this Division

such as orient last season

Onwards and upwards!

#16 Frankly Mr Shankly

Frankly Mr Shankly

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,722 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

The surprise package of last season was Bournemouth. But they had momentum behind them, similar to Rochdale. It's when that momentum stops is when the trouble kicks in. I'd not consider Orient the surprise package. They had a good run at the right time of the season. We had a good run but on the wrong time of the season.

Our best chance to get out of this division, as was Tranmere's was the first season we came down. Once you start hanging about for a few years the rot sets in, as both clubs have seen and several more who are below us.

"The ball was drilled low across the face of the area by Zola to a rampaging riddler, about 20 yards out near the corner of the penalty area. One touch from Cooksey and thwaboom! The ball seared the turf as it cracked into the bottom left corner. It was a truly brilliant goal, with fluid teamwork and a marvellous finish giving Davison no chance at all."

#17 Dave_Og

Dave_Og

Earl Barrett

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

The surprise package of last season was Bournemouth. But they had momentum behind them, similar to Rochdale. It's when that momentum stops is when the trouble kicks in. I'd not consider Orient the surprise package. They had a good run at the right time of the season. We had a good run but on the wrong time of the season.

Our best chance to get out of this division, as was Tranmere's was the first season we came down. Once you start hanging about for a few years the rot sets in, as both clubs have seen and several more who are below us.

Grim though it's been there are plenty of clubs of not dissimilar status who've fallen further. oxford, Luton, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Bradford, Swindon, Stockport etc...

#18 Channel M

Channel M

Danny Boshell

• OWTB Member
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

Didn't we finish level on points but ahead of Tranmere due to win at Prenton? Us 17th them 18th?

Edited by Channel M, 07 July 2011 - 07:14 PM.

#19 oafcprozac

oafcprozac

John Sheridan

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,019 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:40 PM

Didn't we finish level on points but ahead of Tranmere due to win at Prenton? Us 17th them 18th?

yep

7dmv.jpg

#20 Bristolatic

Bristolatic

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

"The majority of the players in our dressing room have played together for a year. We could almost put out an XI that has played 25 games together.I think there's a massive bonus for us. The lads know each other and they know what it is like to play alongside each other and flirt with relegation."
FTFY Mr Parry

63 years and counting. Ups, downs, highs, lows, delight, despair. But it's MY club. For ever. Thanks Dad.