Fleetwood: Directions, Beer & Food

I've seen mentioned, a few posts earlier, the recent traffic trouble on the way to Fleetwood. There's currently roadworks at the junction of the A585 and the A586 - Windy Harbour - but according to the rarely-read Blackpool Gazette, the roadworks shouldn't be as disruptive from today onwards:

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/business/local-business/junction-hell-to-ease-for-fed-up-drivers-1-7044965

Just been to Highbury Stadium from Blackpool. There is still a very bad road work on A585 Amounderness Way north of Morrison Superstore at Cleveleys. It took me 10 min to get through in mid morning. So I suggest you either go through Cleveleys via Fleetwood Rd/Rossall Rd (A587), or go via Thornton at Norcross Roundabout (one after Poulton-le-Fylde) or at Morrison's Roundabout (turn right into Victoria Rd East and left at the library). If you are coming through Rossall Road, turn right (5th exit) at the first roundabout as you come into Fleetwood (Shell garage on the corner) into Hatfield Avenue which leads to the grounds in 500 yds. Plenty of free street parking and no resident permit area.

Edited by Fyldelatic

Just been to Highbury Stadium from Blackpool. There is still a very bad road work on A585 Amounderness Way north of Morrison Superstore at Cleveleys. It took me 10 min to get through in mid morning. So I suggest you either go through Cleveleys via Fleetwood Rd/Rossall Rd (A587), or go via Thornton at Norcross Roundabout (one after Poulton-le-Fylde) or at Morrison's Roundabout (turn right into Victoria Rd East and left at the library). If you are coming through Rossall Road, turn right (5th exit) at the first roundabout as you come into Fleetwood (Shell garage on the corner) into Hatfield Avenue which leads to the grounds in 500 yds. Plenty of free street parking and no resident permit area.

Please can you check out Gillingham for the 24th!