#1 Yard Dog

Yard Dog

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Team:Oldham Athletic

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:01 PM

Just switched from SKY to Virgin and wondering whether to ditch the AVG Anti-Virus free 2011 (which I think I might have allowed to become out of date) and take up the free Virgin Media Security. I really have no idea about PCs and internet security, so please could somebody be kind enough to advise if this is a good idea.

I also have free ZoneAlarm firewall running and skybot (but never run the skybot scans these days).

#2 rummytheowl

rummytheowl

Toddy Orlygsson

• IT Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts
  • Team:AFC Wimbledon

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:49 AM

Just switched from SKY to Virgin and wondering whether to ditch the AVG Anti-Virus free 2011 (which I think I might have allowed to become out of date) and take up the free Virgin Media Security. I really have no idea about PCs and internet security, so please could somebody be kind enough to advise if this is a good idea.

I also have free ZoneAlarm firewall running and skybot (but never run the skybot scans these days).

If your current set up works and keeps you clean, keep it as it is.

Click on the PayPal button and please donate whatever you can to keep OWTB up and running, thanks - OWTB Admin Team

#3 Yard Dog

Yard Dog

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:22 PM

thanks

#4 rummytheowl

rummytheowl

Toddy Orlygsson

• IT Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts
  • Team:AFC Wimbledon

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

thanks

Avast AV apparently has a Lancashire dialect sound pack plug-in, really - my Dad has it: "Eee by-'eck. There's an update ready" and "Well I'll go tut foot of ower sturs, last scan wa a fortnight ago." Etcetera and so-on...

http://www.vinih.com/avast/

It's reet gradely.

Click on the PayPal button and please donate whatever you can to keep OWTB up and running, thanks - OWTB Admin Team

#5 maddog

maddog

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

Avast AV apparently has a Lancashire dialect sound pack plug-in, really - my Dad has it: "Eee by-'eck. There's an update ready" and "Well I'll go tut foot of ower sturs, last scan wa a fortnight ago." Etcetera and so-on...

http://www.vinih.com/avast/

It's reet gradely.

Love it! :lol:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope"                                                           
Martin Luther King Jr.

#6 24hoursfromtulsehill

24hoursfromtulsehill

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:06 PM

Love it! :lol:

I can't make it work. Can someone help me please?

OWTB Prediction League Champion 2012-13

orange-Ouija.jpg