NHL 2011/12

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When do we start the new thread, training camp? Opening night? I'm itching for the season to start, but also a bit worried that i won't be able to watch any games because ESPN still haven't managed to negotiate the rights for Europe. Although several different people seem to think that the NHL will simply unlock NHL Game Centre Live for us to subscribe to. But as of now it is still locked. That is no help to you guys who watched on TV because i doubt that sky will pick up the games, unless they replace elite league coverage with NHL coverage but i doubt it, they'd be paying more money for slightly higher viewing numbers

I am 99% sure that Sky don't pay a penny to show Elite league games. They have an agreement whereby sky show the games because no one else will pay for it, and the clubs/league use the increased exposure to help them negotiate better sponsorship deals.

No idea who will be showing NHL this season. I hope it's not that channel that shows Blue Sq Premier and Gaelic sports!!

Well ESPN are still negotiating for the TV rights but they aren't negotiating directly with the league, rather the group that the league have sold the European broadcasting rights to and from what i'v heard since my last post, NHL Game Centre Live will be made available world wide in the last week of this month, rather than reverting to the ESPN streaming site which i'm glad about as by all accounts it is much better. Theres a good thread on it here

Just an absolute tragedy. Just horrible.

Its Horrific. RIP Rusty Salei - the Ducks highest appearance holder for a defenceman. Just awful. Even more horrific when you hear that the plane that crashed was due to be decommissioned in 3 weeks.

On to ESPN, couple of people I know have had direct emails from people at ESPN saying there will be an announcement imminently. Sounds very positive to me. I always thought that they wouldn't lose thier major sport, and noone else would pay any money for it, so should be resolved soon. Be good if gamecenter was available too - Hockey overload...

...and i'll join by saying i'm pretty optimistic about the season ahead, Teemu will sign soon, and everything will be rosy...

Anyone fancy fantasy hockey again this year? BJ, up for joining our merry band? You too can see Ackey throw all his toys out of the pram half way through the season when he is losing...

Right - I've only gone and bloody done it - I coulnt resist, and have set up a new fantasy league. You know you all want to play.

ESPN Fantasy Hockey again - ESPN Fantasy Hockey

Open to all so get involved... League name is OWTB MASH UP 2012

If you have any probs finding it just drop me an PM with your email and i'll send a direct invite...

It will be amazing. League Draft is the 29th Sep - so get involved!

I'l give it a bash, the only fantasy thing iv done before is sky sports premier league one and all i do with that is set it up at the start of the season and leave it. Bit pointless really.

Ok i'v searched the name of the league and it doesn't come up with any results so could you send me a direct invite to bjjackson2002uk@aol.com, thanks

Edited by BJBlue

You too can see Ackey throw all his toys out of the pram half way through the season when he is losing...

None of my forwards collected points for over two months!

I admit I was destined for 3rd at the very (very) best... but I still think that's a fair complaint.

Orient?

Orient is now a definite no-go for me, have family over from Israel that weekend so is taking priority over a day in the smoke.

Indeed.

Ive made the squads a little bigger this year. As there is only a few of us the roters will easily stretch, and will give it a more mangement element.

Josh - Gonna gamble on Sid?

I'll tell you after the draft.

NHL Game Centre Live is apparently no longer locked in Europe. Usually when you go on the site you get a message saying that we have to use ESPN Player, now we get the message detailing all the features GCL has and how we can use it. Even has a short video demo.

Boom!!! That is quality! Will check it out properly.

BJ, Acks, Raggy - should have invites to the league. Josh - dont have your email, PM me/drop me a message and I can invite you.

No excuses this year, every better get thier order ready for the draft! BJ - Can be a bit confusing at first, you essentially just have to drag the players into an order of preference.

Boom!!! That is quality! Will check it out properly.

BJ, Acks, Raggy - should have invites to the league. Josh - dont have your email, PM me/drop me a message and I can invite you.

No excuses this year, every better get thier order ready for the draft! BJ - Can be a bit confusing at first, you essentially just have to drag the players into an order of preference.

So draft wise, do we make a list of all the players we want, including back ups and then hope that when the draft auto picks we get who we want?

So draft wise, do we make a list of all the players we want, including back ups and then hope that when the draft auto picks we get who we want?

It is a bit more tactical than that. theres now 25 odd players in each squad, so you have to imagine that with 5 of us you have to be prepared to drop to number 125. You also have to play the game of who will go for who high up - who is the most important player for you. Are acks and Raggy going to wet themselves over fighting for a has-been Goaltender again? Who knows...

There's also the point that you can only play a certain number of players in each position. Its no use having too many of one type as you cant play em... you can also set the draft to go for players in certain positions in order - stack up your forwards before you think others will grab em.. whatever.

...but basically its all bloody chance, really. As Ack says. Should be more management this year though with bigger rosters, so you will have to keep track of your team, however it lest you pick your team for months ahead if needed...

Well yesterday was the start of hockey season for me, the stars had their first practice of training camp and i went to my first game of the season, a 4-4 draw between the Sheffield Steeldogs and the Manchester Phoenix. and of course latics won. A good day all round. Just hope that when game centre comes online on tuesday they will have the stars pre season games. Anyone heard anything about the TV rights?