NHL 2011/12

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair after the season you had last year you couldn't have expected this, it's a great achievement to get to the finals. I hope you can win a couple, even if it's just for pride. Can't believe LA are going to win it. We were fighting them for the last playoff spot aswell, it could have been us! (it really couldn't have been us)

Still got a slight chance. Can't see it happening though. Not many teams have ever come from 3 down to win a 7 game series. Think we will lose on Monday night. Considering England are playing Monday tea time, there is no chance whatsoever of me staying up for the game. But if we win, I'm going to be asking work if I can book a day off on Thursday!

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's Ribeiro gone. If you didn't see it we traded him to the Caps for Cody Eakin and a second rounder this year. It's had a mixed reaction from Stars fans but personally i'm happy with it. Ribeiro is 32 and only has 1 year left on his current deal, whilst he can produce sublime magic moments ala his goal against Calgary he is in the main an incredibly frustrating player. He is a pure playmaker but he is just so indecisive with the puck, he wore down most of our PP time this season looking for the perfect pass and rarely finding it. His defensive play is non existent and frankly he is a liability at times. Eakin will probably go straight in as 2nd line centre, it's a risk but he's only 21 and we are building around youth, plus there is another day of drafting and then free agency so the team isn't complete yet.

On a side note, i got a 12 month Canadian working holdiay visa last week so on July 3rd i will be flying out to Toronto, i'l be watching as much hockey as i can come October!

Gutted that Staal's gone but reorganisation is needed it would appear to fit under the cap in the grand plan - the grand plan being that we're going to have to offer Sid a big deal next close season as he'll be a year off free agency.

With Michalek moving on out as well it does seem we are lining up a big move, the talk seems to be of Parise but I think the whole league will be in for him. Certainly the Wings will.

On a side note, i got a 12 month Canadian working holdiay visa last week so on July 3rd i will be flying out to Toronto, i'l be watching as much hockey as i can come October!

Have a great time, get to the Hall of Fame as soon as you can!

• 2 weeks later...

Have a great time, get to the Hall of Fame as soon as you can!

Will do on both counts thanks! I'l be on a plane this time tomorrow.I'l try and get the obligatory CN tower shot with me in my latics top.