NHL 2011/12

I've subscribed to NHL Vault, £3 a month and get every game the next day! Brilliant service!

Now the Stanley Cup Final hangover is done, the Canucks look all set to win the Northwest again. The powerplay is a thing of beauty at the moment, going 5-for-6 in Chicago was particularly amazing.

Edited by Simpo

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've subscribed to NHL Vault, £3 a month and get every game the next day! Brilliant service!

Does it do extended highlights?

I don't have the time to watch 80 games a year, but if they did like a 10-15 minute breakdown of the games I'd be all over that!

Does it do extended highlights?

I don't have the time to watch 80 games a year, but if they did like a 10-15 minute breakdown of the games I'd be all over that!

Yeah, 10 minutes of every game, or the whole thing. Also, every game for the past 4 years is viewable, as well as a load of classic games!

https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/secure/vaultsignup

It gives me great pleasure to reintroduce a certain Sidney Crosby to both the Penguins and the Gorillas.

On a side note, what a load of bollocks that 'undroppables' is on the ESPN game. If I want to drop Carter because he's a bag of :censored:e playing for a bag of :censored:e side, I should be allowed to.

It gives me great pleasure to reintroduce a certain Sidney Crosby to both the Penguins and the Gorillas.

On a side note, what a load of bollocks that 'undroppables' is on the ESPN game. If I want to drop Carter because he's a bag of :censored:e playing for a bag of :censored:e side, I should be allowed to.

Shouldn't have picked him then. I probably could turn the undroppables off... However I'm stuck with the ducks first line who are a bigger bag of :censored:e, so it's all good.

Good to have Sid back. Gonna stay up to watch his entrance. If he doesn't float onto the ice like the second coming, then proceed to score a double hat-trick in 5 mins I'm going to be very disappointed...

Shouldn't have picked him then. I probably could turn the undroppables off... However I'm stuck with the ducks first line who are a bigger bag of :censored:e, so it's all good.

Good to have Sid back. Gonna stay up to watch his entrance. If he doesn't float onto the ice like the second coming, then proceed to score a double hat-trick in 5 mins I'm going to be very disappointed...

None in the first five but one by six...

• 2 weeks later...

Plans for conference realignment - four conferences with top 4 qualifying from each for the playoffs:

A - Anaheim, Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton, LA, Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver

B - Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota, Nashville, St Louis, Winnipeg

C - Boston, Buffalo, Florida, Montreal, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Toronto

D - Carolina, New Jersey, Islanders, Rangers, Philadelphia, Penguins, Capitals

So Detroit didn't get the move East they obviously wanted but hasn't ended up too bad. Bet BigFin won't be overly delighted.

Conference C looks pretty weak.

Play each side outside your own conference twice, once home and once away. Think that's a good move.

Edited by jsslatic

Plans for conference realignment - four conferences with top 4 qualifying from each for the playoffs:

A - Anaheim, Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton, LA, Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver

B - Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota, Nashville, St Louis, Winnipeg

C - Boston, Buffalo, Florida, Montreal, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Toronto

D - Carolina, New Jersey, Islanders, Rangers, Philadelphia, Penguins, Capitals

So Detroit didn't get the move East they obviously wanted but hasn't ended up too bad. Bet BigFin won't be overly delighted.

Conference C looks pretty weak.

Play each side outside your own conference twice, once home and once away. Think that's a good move.

Think it's great. Guarantees every team has to visit everyone else's building, and that we won't be nackered having to flog over to Dallas, Nashville et al as a matter of course. People have more games in their own time zone, meaning more home fans can stay up and watch, bigger fan bases etc.

Plus it means proper divisional rivalries can start. The more chance it creates for someone like the ducks to meet someone like the kings In the playoffs the better.

It's a great move. Yeah the division looks tough, but that is cyclical. Plus Phoenix will relocate at the end of the season meaning we will be down to a 7 team conference anyway ;)

Fair play for exploiting the system, but I'm voting for a limit on changes in a season/month next year if available. The phrase 'defeating the object' springs to mind. :wink:

Ha Ha!

Nothing to stop yu doing the same too buddy... put sid on waivers, go on, I dareya....

Its actually the ay the game should be played, if all the managers were constantly swooping for waived players it would be great fun...

• 2 weeks later...

Like all sane people I hate both Nickelback and the Sheffield Steelers... yet combined they're actually quite funny:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GdoVgfZzIOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If I see another post about this on twitter I think I'm going to kill someone. It isn't that funny. Steelers fans seem to think it should be nominated for a bafta.

• 4 weeks later...

Jersey have found some momentum which has astonished me, as has the form of Kovy of late... all that said we're a peripheral play off team at best to be followed by a first round exit.

Elsewhere the new hitting rules remain a cluster:censored: of :censored:ness and the failed realignment proof that the NHLPA is full of :censored:.

It's been quiet in here for a while now, how are we all feeling at just past the half way mark?

You don't need do answer Big Fin, we know how you're feeling. Traded Perry yet? :grin:

Perry is about the only person we won't trade...

.. Anyway, we're the hottest team in the league right now, so can't grumble. Much. Ok. I can. A lot. We're on track to do a Devs, a glorious, but ultimately futile end to the season. 13 points with 3 games in hand to 8th, it's now starting to look doable which is worrying.

Perry is about the only person we won't trade...

.. Anyway, we're the hottest team in the league right now, so can't grumble. Much. Ok. I can. A lot. We're on track to do a Devs, a glorious, but ultimately futile end to the season. 13 points with 3 games in hand to 8th, it's now starting to look doable which is worrying.

That's how they get you.... get you within touching distance and then let a crunch game slip by! Bastards!

That's how they get you.... get you within touching distance and then let a crunch game slip by! Bastards!

Stars tonight on our march to glorious failure. Another massive game already! Especially as it looks like the stars have most of their team out...

Play you twice in three games BJ... Could only be one point behind you in 10 days! :wink:

Stars tonight on our march to glorious failure. Another massive game already! Especially as it looks like the stars have most of their team out...

Play you twice in three games BJ... Could only be one point behind you in 10 days! :wink:

We're gonna grind out three 1-0 wins :wink: . We've got no chance of making the post season, we still have to play the canucks four times and the sharks 4 times. thats 16 points lost already :(

• 4 weeks later...

Hello? Hello? Is there anybody there?

All our sides are doing alright (bar one!).

And BJ - will be interesting to see if Nystrom is banned for his hit on Letang last night.

Hello, and he didn't. It wasn't suspension worthy, it was only a big deal because of who it was. Classy Pens fans have been tweeting him death threats. A bit sad but every club has it's moron fans. We're clinging onto 8th at the moment but we have a rough schedule to end the season and i don't think we have enough to make it. Still have hope though