NFL

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting involved watching the college game leads to a whole new way of looking at things. You get the obvious, like Sam Bradford and Clay Matthews that you can see from a mile away. But, this year Cam Newton will be very interesting. He hasn't the skills of Bradford, but is like a good Kordell Stewart. He's with the godawful Panthers, but it'll still be interesting to see what happens there.

Getting involved watching the college game leads to a whole new way of looking at things. You get the obvious, like Sam Bradford and Clay Matthews that you can see from a mile away. But, this year Cam Newton will be very interesting. He hasn't the skills of Bradford, but is like a good Kordell Stewart. He's with the godawful Panthers, but it'll still be interesting to see what happens there.

Read this the other day, it doesn't surprise me - but it's worth a read: American Football: Parties, payments and Prostitutes: lurid scandal of US college football - The Independent http://ind.pn/nSJylw

I suspect Miami will get similar to USC when they were caught as guilty as sin. A cut on the players you can sign and a ban from the postseason for a few years.

Cam Newton, like Reggie, was as guilty as sin. I don't agree with paying the players though, and just think the regulators should be a bit more thorough. But it is a huge sport at that level over there. It's hard to put across how big the college level is over there. It's like Dave's big society and localism bill all in action in one entertaining go.

Answering my own question, but hitting over 100 yards more than any other rookie in their first game (since 1950)isn't a bad way to start.

Still got beat by the best team the world has ever seen though.

• 4 weeks later...

Stafford to Johnson. Touchdown!

Get used to that.

Whole new meaning to the 'Stafford effect'.

Detroit I'm not won over by. They look flimsy at times, but they show great heart in coming back. In the end, they'll get mullered by a decent team. I think they'll make the playoffs, but then that will be it.

A winning season will do. Clearly we have two massive offensive playmakers - two and a half if you count Pettigrew - and a few half decent defensive players, especially in the secondary, but we'll get turned over by the Packers twice and probably on the road in Nawlins.

Whole new meaning to the 'Stafford effect'.

Detroit I'm not won over by. They look flimsy at times, but they show great heart in coming back. In the end, they'll get mullered by a decent team. I think they'll make the playoffs, but then that will be it.

Yeah, I think that's about right. Week 4 against Dallas was a game were Dallas/Romo capitulated and Detroit took their possessions. Dallas had more of the ball, 25 first downs, better third down efficiency and more passing/rushing yards.

Fantasy NFL, with a decent sized league (8 or 12 players) is the finest of the fantasy games. Plus, I just completely forgot about the four man fantasy NHL league.

I'd be up for it next year. I'm in two 10 team auto-draft leagues started in week 4 (I didn't fancy sitting doing the draft for 3 hours), it's my first season in the proper NFL leagues - it is a really good format. 12-16 team leagues rely on some pretty decent roster depth knowledge.

Other news, who'd have thought there would be two five-and-oh teams in NFC North and neither of them are Chi Town?