NFL

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following on from a convo between me and rummy earlier...

Is Luck on his way to Minnesota?

An interesting discussion point. If we look back over the Vikes schedule - there are 6 or 7 losses that were within one score and I can remember the first half leads Minnesota threw in the the second half. Webb and Ponder are good enough with some decent attacking pieces in their offense, even with the papers claiming that Peterson will never be the same after that ACL injury. They are not a million miles away from a winning team.

I reckon the Vikes will tank against Chicago ensuring 3-13, and they'll pick up 'one-of-the-three' QB's on offer in the draft and trade for some linemen. A top Draft Analyst points to Matt Kalil a Tackle from USC as an outright draft pick at #2 or #3 so what the hell do I know - it will be interesting to see how they play the draft.

RG3 to Miami if none of the above? It's complicated.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, Billy Cundiff. Belicheat must've choked on his Gatorade in disbelief after that 30 yard shank.

I thought Rice would need to play a massive part just to limit the amount of times Brady got the football, in reality Pats did well to stifle that avenue. Love 'em or hate 'em their mishmash of nomarks in their secondary have done very well indeed. Pats attacking pieces have outgunned for the majority of the season shielding a weak, injury hit D; over the weeks they've bonded and developed. Fair play. I think it's Pats 'bowl for the taking.

• 3 weeks later...

:censored: you then. I didn't wanna go anyway.

Wasn't my plan, sugar tits, I was just along for the ride.

Also, you'd have said "ooh, errmmm, maybe" for three months first and then turned up with a cold!

(love you)

• 4 weeks later...

Funny thing is we couldn't sack a bag of :censored:, somebody didn't get their money's worth if you ask me. Saints didn't pay too much in bounties last year...

Expect draft picks forfeited and Loomis getting the boot. *shrug*

How 'bout dem Pats, what happened the season after Spygate...?

• 3 weeks later...

They'll be fine. Parcells on the sideline with Payton sat in front of a giant screen with a walkie-talkie in his hand.

You're probably right about the communication thing, although I wonder how stringent the ban is?

Rams pick up a raft of picks, they could look good in a couple of years...

St Louis Rams – CONFIRMED TRADE – Washington Redskins – ROBERT GRIFFIN III – QB (Washington give to St Louis: 2012 1st, 2nd, 2013 1st, 2014 1st)

• 3 weeks later...

...with the first pick in the 2012 NFL Draft - the Indianapolis Colts select Kellen Moore; Quarterback; Boise State....

If that don't happen I'll eat my Superdome nacho cheese hat.

Get chomping on that hat, although predictionwise I didn't do great on this thread either. I think it is a great move by Detroit to take him on, as it is pretty much a no lose situation for them.

Winners of this year IMO: New England with Dont'a Hightower; Cleveland with Trent Richardson; Jacksonville with Justin Blackmon; the 49ers with LaMichael James; and Dallas with Morris Claiborne. Then again, you only get to see so much of the players over here.

Next season I will mainly be watching Brad Wing who could be the Johnny Wilkinson of the NFL.