Suarez

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a very angry text from my brother, to which I replied "So he's banned for the cup game then? Cool." He didn't see the funny side.

Be interesting to see what punishment John Terry gets now, considering that what he said was caught on camera, whereas the Suarez-Evra incident wasn't.

Just got a very angry text from my brother, to which I replied "So he's banned for the cup game then? Cool." He didn't see the funny side.

Be interesting to see what punishment John Terry gets now, considering that what he said was caught on camera, whereas the Suarez-Evra incident wasn't.

There's 14 days to appeal (which Liverpol will almost certainly do) and then the hearing has to be conducted, by my calendar reckoning this would mean it could be touch and go as to whether he will available for the Latics game.

He has 14 days to appeal.

That takes us in to January.

An appeal hearing could be after they play us.

He'll miss the replay.

EDIT: BP60 types faster!

But not necessarily in the right order. :grin:

I can see Liverpool taking this to EUFA/FIFA and even the law courts, meaning it won't be settled this season.

Edited by BP1960

Liverpool statement

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.

Really odd.

In any case even if he misses the game Liverpool will have a decent replacement and may even buy big in the transfer window.

Latics will do the best they can against whoever is playing, that's all you can ask.

Edited by BP1960

Found this qoute on the Liverpool fans forum;

"Might be worth our while drawing v Oldham, gets it down to a 3 league game ban, assuming we win the replay"

I am still tying to figure it out :blink:

Also Suarez is facing an FA rap for what appeared a one-finger salute to Fulham fans in Liverpool’s 1-0 defeat at Craven Cottage.

Edited by BP1960

"Might be worth our while drawing v Oldham, gets it down to a 3 league game ban, assuming we win the replay"

2 x League Cup.

2 x FA Cup.

And err an extra 1 for bad maths!

Edited by opinions4u

Think there saying the ban covers cup games aswell.

Terry case will be interesting now. Terry was caught on camera saying it and you could clearly tell what he was saying. No one else other than Evra said Suarez racially abused him. FA now set an expectation that any racist case if guilty will get around 8 game ban. Will they bottle it when it comes to Terry?