Darlington in Admin

Poor sods.

Immediate 10 point deduction (still leaves them above Stockport)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16395001.stm

wouldnt surprise me if they went under completely. If they were still in league two they would have been thrown out of the league, as the league rules state that any club who enters administraton three times within a ten year period

Edited by Lookers_Carl

I don't think the Conference take any prisoners when it comes to repeated administation.

Rushden and Chester immediately leap to mind.

But its the first time they have been in administration whilst in the conference? Whether that makes a difference I don't know. But I think your right, Boston United being another example.

In some ways its an example of just how bad a new stadium can turn. Darlington is certainly big enough to have a league football side, so if they do go under I can see a new team doing similar to Aldershot. All the while the town has a massive white elephant of a stadium (its capacity is limited to 10,000 due to access problems and can hold 25,000) laying idle apart from occasional concerts (Elton John played there a few years ago).

Article in WSC the other month by a fan saying a lot of them want to go bust, the ground and all that has happened is an albatross around the club and they're best just going to the wall and starting again. Singh one of the few owners whose clubs in jeopardy who is still popular, the club have never recovered from being Reynolds' toy.

In some ways its an example of just how bad a new stadium can turn. Darlington is certainly big enough to have a league football side, so if they do go under I can see a new team doing similar to Aldershot. All the while the town has a massive white elephant of a stadium (its capacity is limited to 10,000 due to access problems and can hold 25,000) laying idle apart from occasional concerts (Elton John played there a few years ago).

I thought they limited the ground to two stands due to financial reasons and the cost of opening them? At least that was the case when I went with 'dale in the playoffs there.

Cracking ground. Far too big though. Best food kiosk i'll ever see at a football ground.

I went to the game at Barrow today, and Darlo fans are convinced that that was their last game. It was a really upsetting experience and as you would expect Darlo fans are distraught, they had more fans in the ground than the home team and those fans sang their hearts out for the club from about an hour before kick off until well after the teams had left the pitch, lots of tears, plenty of heavy hearts, but also hope that just maybe someone will come charging over the horizon with a plan to save a once great football club. Failing that I suppose they will be compelled to start again from scratch. Of course we have been so close to the exact same scenario ourselves,in our darkest hours not to long ago a night out at Anfield such as we had last night would have been fantasy, but peoples passion for their football clubs should never be under estimated. My message to Darlo fans is keep believing, keep hoping, and most of all keep the faith. good luck Darlo.