Dan Gardner

I have watched Dan Gardner the young Droylsden midfielder many times this season and have come to the conclusion he would not be out of place at a Championship club.

He oozes class with excellent ball control, silky skills, superb distribution short and long, and a willingness to drive forward past opponents in a similar fashion to Steven Gerrard.

He can create and score goals, yet still does his share of winning the ball.

The only flaw I have seen is perhaps a lack of stamina as he can fade in the last 20 minutes of games.

Why hasn't any league club picked him you ask ?..the answer is I can't tell you, it's beyond my comprehension.

I have watched Dan Gardner the young Droylsden midfielder many times this season and have come to the conclusion he would not be out of place at a Championship club.

He oozes class with excellent ball control, silky skills, superb distribution short and long, and a willingness to drive forward past opponents in a similar fashion to Steven Gerrard.

He can create and score goals, yet still does his share of winning the ball.

The only flaw I have seen is perhaps a lack of stamina as he can fade in the last 20 minutes of games.

Why hasn't any league club picked him you ask ?..the answer is I can't tell you, it's beyond my comprehension.

I have found this short video of last weeks Stalybridge v Droylsden match,,check after about 2 minutes Droylsden's Dan Gardner (number 7 in the red) making a typical surging run from midfield, it's a good example of his skills.

I have found this short video of last weeks Stalybridge v Droylsden match,,check after about 2 minutes Droylsden's Dan Gardner (number 7 in the red) making a typical surging run from midfield, it's a good example of his skills.

Why dont you forward this to Barry Owen, or the club..

Why dont you forward this to Barry Owen, or the club..

I would love to see a player with such tremendous ability at Latics Lukers, there is certainly no one on the books who comes anywhere near to rivalling his skills, but I think his transfer fee could be a problem.

I understand Coventry City and at least one other championship club are interested, also money bags Fleetwood who could probably outbid many in the football league.

Edited by BP1960

I did this Razza some time ago about another player, but was informed Latics scouts check out all local clubs, so I assume from this they are well aware of Gardner's talents.

Maybe, maybe not though.

What harm can copying & pasting your OP, adding a bit more to it & sending it onto the club do?

I think everyone on here know's you usded to do a bit of scouting (and the club too?) so if you rate him, and are a Latics fan also (which you are!) - surely there's no harm in just checking that this lad who you clearly rate hasn't slipped through the radar??

And a fee might not be a problem - maybe we could arrange a swap deal involving Ryan Brooke?? :wink:

Remember Shaun Whalley and Tony Gray, who you said should be at least playing League One? Bit boring you constantly mentioning Non League players who no League clubs think are good enough.

For your information this is an open forum for OWTB subscribers views like them or not, I will continue to add my thoughts on players whether I am right or wrong on them, it's all about opinions after all.

As for Whalley and Gray, they both moved higher (albeit the Conference, but could be promoted to league 2 next season) and how do you know league clubs don't think they are good enough - remember no league club touched David Eyres until he was 25 years of age, does that prove he wasn't good enough?

In my humble opinion Gardner is an exceptionally talented player, far superior in technical ability than Steve Wigley who was signed by Nottingham Forest on my recommendation and went on to play in the top flight.

I look forward to your views on players, I may agree or not agree with them, but will defend your right to air them as much as you want.

Edited by BP1960

For your information this is an open forum for OWTB subscribers views like them or not, I will continue to add my thoughts on players whether I am right or wrong on them, it's all about opinions after all.

As for Whalley and Gray, they both moved higher (albeit the Conference, but could be promoted to league 2 next season) and how do you know league clubs don't think they are good enough - remember no league club touched David Eyres until he was 25 years of age, does that prove he wasn't good enough?

In my humble opinion Gardner is an exceptionally talented player, far superior in technical ability than Steve Wigley who was signed by Nottingham Forest on my recommendation and went on to play in the top flight.

I look forward to your views on players, I may agree or not agree with them, but will defend your right to air them as much as you want.

He will tell you Hulmeians' Harwood was a good 'un! :lol: