Scapuzzi last loan game Saturday

I don't think it is within our choosing. Citeh want him to go to a higher league club, its not a coincidence that his last month on loan is actually only 26 days. However, Citeh know that he will be better off playing for us, including potentially playing at Wembley, than hanging around their reserves and maybe playing in an odd meaningless Europa League game where the tie is done. I'd be on the phone to them getting a plan in place so that if no one comes in for him who is better placed in the league we can have him for the rest of the season., it won't take that long to send a fax with all the particulars on it come 23:30 on Jan 31st.

Should we try and keep him longer or switch our attentions to another loanee ?

Made a promising start but has faded badly for me. Got quick feet etc but very lightweight and tends to disappear during games. I'd forgotten he was even playing at Anfield. If City are paying all of his wages then keep him but, if we're paying them, time to let him go as he's no better than anything we've already got. I'd take Morais over him every time...

Think that battering he got in the Bradford game has knocked the stuffing out of him.

If we are not paying his wages then ok to have around as a sub but if we are contributing then get shut and bring a decent midfielder in.

If we did do that this week could they play on Monday ????

Think that battering he got in the Bradford game has knocked the stuffing out of him.

If we are not paying his wages then ok to have around as a sub but if we are contributing then get shut and bring a decent midfielder in.

If we did do that this week could they play on Monday ????

Yes, of course.

Mellor? Winchester? Burns?....Hughes or Millar on the left with Taylor pushed inside.

Plenty of options there if the youth is looked at.

If they are credible options then these guys should have been pushing for a place over the past few months.

Reality is they are not good enough yet to replace the likes of Furman and Weso.

I think Mellor and Winchester have enough about them to play in central midfield alongside either Weso or Furman as part of their development.

As a pairing themselves, not yet. But both have massive potential there (moreso than they do as full backs).

As for Scapuzzi, I think he's a lovely footballer. Can dribble forever and get past defenders in a tight situation. He won't make it at the top level though because he lacks a left foot and disappears in games too often. While one in a team is usually okay, we seem to be playing a handful of exciting show-ponies when perhaps less exciting and more functional players may benefit the team more.

I think Mellor and Winchester have enough about them to play in central midfield alongside either Weso or Furman as part of their development.

As a pairing themselves, not yet. But both have massive potential there (moreso than they do as full backs).

As for Scapuzzi, I think he's a lovely footballer. Can dribble forever and get past defenders in a tight situation. He won't make it at the top level though because he lacks a left foot and disappears in games too often. While one in a team is usually okay, we seem to be playing a handful of exciting show-ponies when perhaps less exciting and more functional players may benefit the team more.

I can only think of Morais & Scapuzzi that fall into that description?

I like Luca, I think on the whole he's had a decent loan spell with us. He has added to our side whilst he's been here; and that's all you can ask of a loan move really.

We've had rotten loanees over the last few seasons; so to have had Simpson, Luca, Clarke & Adeyemi (jury is still out on Tom; but he has done a lot better this last month or so) in the same season has been a bit of a bonus.

If the terms are right for us; namely that we pay nothing or very minimal wages wise, then I would be happy to extend to the end of the season.

He has ability - his close control & close dribbling skills are top-notch. He needs to work on his strength IMO; and also to find ways of getting involved more as he does tend to drift in & out.

Winchester has already shown he can play League 1 football in the centre of the park. Yes he's still raw, but I'd rather we play Carl in there than bring in another Matty Lund-esq loanee to play there.

I can only think of Morais & Scapuzzi that fall into that description?

Parker and Taylor (at times) perhaps? Although Chris certainly did a hell of a job to undermine the case on Saturday.

And Parker may begin to look more comfortable if he gets games in a more attacking role.

I like Luca, I think on the whole he's had a decent loan spell with us. He has added to our side whilst he's been here; and that's all you can ask of a loan move really.

Yup, I wouldn't slate him.

We've had rotten loanees over the last few seasons; so to have had Simpson, Luca, Clarke & Adeyemi (jury is still out on Tom; but he has done a lot better this last month or so) in the same season has been a bit of a bonus.

I think Adeyemi has improved with game time. Most players do. There's a good player there.

If the terms are right for us; namely that we pay nothing or very minimal wages wise, then I would be happy to extend to the end of the season.

He has ability - his close control & close dribbling skills are top-notch. He needs to work on his strength IMO; and also to find ways of getting involved more as he does tend to drift in & out.

Yup, if he's free, keep him.

Winchester has already shown he can play League 1 football in the centre of the park. Yes he's still raw, but I'd rather we play Carl in there than bring in another Matty Lund-esq loanee to play there.

This sits quite close to the Nathan Clarke situation. While I rate Clarke, he's a decent L1 centre half, it felt odd that he was in a mix and mmatch situation with Diamond and M'Voto. Despite my reservations about Diamond (who has improved significantly with more game time) I'd prefer to see our own players getting used to each other and playing together.

Glad I'm not the manager. Hell of a difficult job!!

• 4 weeks later...