Lookers_Carl

David Eyres

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,598 posts
  • Team:Oldham Athletic

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

http://menmedia.co.u...-moston-stadium

Manchester City Council offered FC United a loan to cover the funding shortfall for their new 4.5 million pound stadium in Moston. A few people not happy at all.

But top and bottom of it is with a supportive council behind them, they could very easily be in their new home before the end of the year.

The ultimate irony though, a club set up in protest of the 'huge debts the Glazers saddled onto Man U' will now also be saddled with what will be a huge debt at that level????

Edited by Lookers_Carl, 20 January 2012 - 11:44 AM.

Its not about how hard you can hit, but how much you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thats how winning is done.

Sly Stallone in Rocky Balboa (2006)

#2 jimsleftfoot

jimsleftfoot

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1471409_storm-as-manchester-council-offers-fc-united-a-500k-loan-towards-new-moston-stadium

Manchester City Council offered FC United a loan to cover the funding shortfall for their new 4.5 million pound stadium in Moston. A few people not happy at all.

But top and bottom of it is with a supportive council behind them, they could very easily be in their new home before the end of the year.

The ultimate irony though, a club set up in protest of the 'huge debts the Glazers saddled onto Man U' will now also be saddled with what will be a huge debt at that level????

A £500k loan in relation to a £4.5 million stadium means they are only borrowing just over 11% of the cost of the stadium. I donít consider that to be particularly bad really.

#3 Lookers_Carl

Lookers_Carl

David Eyres

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

A £500k loan in relation to a £4.5 million stadium means they are only borrowing just over 11% of the cost of the stadium. I donít consider that to be particularly bad really.

Considering the level of football the club is currently playing at, the 5th or 6th tier in English football, thats a pretty big debt to take on, although I believe that they still want to raise the funds themselves.
Its not about how hard you can hit, but how much you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thats how winning is done.

Sly Stallone in Rocky Balboa (2006)

#4 futchers briefs

futchers briefs

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,261 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Considering the level of football the club is currently playing at, the 5th or 6th tier in English football, thats a pretty big debt to take on, although I believe that they still want to raise the funds themselves.

Totally agree
I wonder if the green and yellow/red/green and yellow/red brigade will crawl back under the same hypocritical, ironic rock they came from with the debt only ever likely to increase - I doubt it.

Edited by futchers briefs, 20 January 2012 - 12:39 PM.

"The modern generation are all the same. You give them a leg to stand on...and they boot you up the arse with it" - Arthur Daley

#5 leeslover

leeslover

John Sheridan

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,780 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

It's not really comparable to the Red Soxx debt though - more like the opposite. The Glaziers borrowed against the income of the club whereas this is borrowing to invest. Still hope it goes tits up of course.
"The NUM leadership wanted to run the country, but the country didn't want to be run by the NUM, so it had to be tackled." Mr Tulsehill on Mrs Thatcher's role as the saviour of British Democracy

#6 jimsleftfoot

jimsleftfoot

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

I don't think the tier of football makes that much difference as long as they are breaking even and can pay the money back. Yes they will probably have reduced income but also reduced expenditure, especially wage costs, in comparison to us.

#7 oafctom

oafctom

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

It be peanuts money be paid back in no time. Am sure some ex red will donate money or because of there profile a few big pre season games hate to say it they wont go skint sad.