FC United Moston Community Stadium

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1471409_storm-as-manchester-council-offers-fc-united-a-500k-loan-towards-new-moston-stadium

Manchester City Council offered FC United a loan to cover the funding shortfall for their new 4.5 million pound stadium in Moston. A few people not happy at all.

But top and bottom of it is with a supportive council behind them, they could very easily be in their new home before the end of the year.

The ultimate irony though, a club set up in protest of the 'huge debts the Glazers saddled onto Man U' will now also be saddled with what will be a huge debt at that level????

Edited by Lookers_Carl

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1471409_storm-as-manchester-council-offers-fc-united-a-500k-loan-towards-new-moston-stadium

Manchester City Council offered FC United a loan to cover the funding shortfall for their new 4.5 million pound stadium in Moston. A few people not happy at all.

But top and bottom of it is with a supportive council behind them, they could very easily be in their new home before the end of the year.

The ultimate irony though, a club set up in protest of the 'huge debts the Glazers saddled onto Man U' will now also be saddled with what will be a huge debt at that level????

A £500k loan in relation to a £4.5 million stadium means they are only borrowing just over 11% of the cost of the stadium. I don’t consider that to be particularly bad really.

A £500k loan in relation to a £4.5 million stadium means they are only borrowing just over 11% of the cost of the stadium. I don’t consider that to be particularly bad really.

Considering the level of football the club is currently playing at, the 5th or 6th tier in English football, thats a pretty big debt to take on, although I believe that they still want to raise the funds themselves.

Considering the level of football the club is currently playing at, the 5th or 6th tier in English football, thats a pretty big debt to take on, although I believe that they still want to raise the funds themselves.

Totally agree

I wonder if the green and yellow/red/green and yellow/red brigade will crawl back under the same hypocritical, ironic rock they came from with the debt only ever likely to increase - I doubt it.

Edited by futchers briefs