starting an ultra

Some sort of contact with the rre usual crew wouldn't go amiss, point them in this direction and tell them what we are gointrying to achieve. I would swap my usual seat in the chapel of rest to go and join in, I would maybe enjoy the bp experience a bit more, as soon as you sit down now in the chaddy its depressing and miserable, I might be a bit old but there's Nowt wrong with my lungs or vocal chords. Count me in as a member of the " blue brigade"

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some sort of contact with the rre usual crew wouldn't go amiss, point them in this direction and tell them what we are gointrying to achieve. I would swap my usual seat in the chapel of rest to go and join in, I would maybe enjoy the bp experience a bit more, as soon as you sit down now in the chaddy its depressing and miserable, I might be a bit old but there's Nowt wrong with my lungs or vocal chords. Count me in as a member of the " blue brigade"

well if anyone knows anyone from that group, start seeing what they think about it, and get them to inbox me or something, to try and organise something, it'll make it easier to make it happen

well if anyone knows anyone from that group, start seeing what they think about it, and get them to inbox me or something, to try and organise something, it'll make it easier to make it happen

Hi mate hats off to you for trying to create discussion around improving the atmosphere, I am a lapsed home singer, still give it a good blast away and if the game is far enough away and I have enough cider in me I sometimes even use my loud voice to get some chants going ;)

People who try and make a bit of atmosphere at BP always come in for criticism I think when the Chaddy End was the main home end singers were labelled the "muppet choir" but for the years I sat in the singing bit I always found the songs to be on the whole positive and people getting behind the team, much more so than these days.

My advice for doing something like an "ultras" or "singing" group if it does have some legs, is for like minded people to come together in a part of the ground which isnt really populated, like the far side of the RRE away from the away fans, this way it minimizes the chance of pissing people off who want to sit down, be quiet and enjoy the game, hopefully making everyone happy :)

thanks Oh Heck C-Beck

In theory standing off on your own sounds fine but all i can think off is the 50 Gillingham chavs on the stand beside us when we got drowned over Christmas

and yeah thats the idea of changing that... theirs no chance of them drowning us out, if were louder, the more flags, scarves, drums and all the singers of bp in one section, will create such a louder atmosphere, i know many down the chaddy end that are singers, but nothings organised

While I am far too old to join an ultra, I would gladly swap my seat to go and join in with the singing. A others have said, this seems to be a popular decision to get something going as we all know ATM, bp is a depressing place to be at the best of times.

I quite like the idea, it's boring as hell sitting in silence at home games. I really think we should have the small section of the RRE for this though. let the away fans have the big section and get home fans packed into that small section. As someone else has said the best atmospheres in recent times at BP have been created when we're in there.