starting an ultra

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed on the tv highlights that it sounded noisy. Good work.

thankyouu :)

were made our banner for the group now, lookout for it against charlton depending on which section were in, the drummer and flags and our new banner will all be together

ill post up to let everyone know where we'll be, they'll be a video posted up onto the facebook page and you tube when its been done

thankyouu :)

were made our banner for the group now, lookout for it against charlton depending on which section were in, the drummer and flags and our new banner will all be together

ill post up to let everyone know where we'll be, they'll be a video posted up onto the facebook page and you tube when its been done

As a doubter it's only fair I say that you lads have got it going at times when it would have been rubbish. If I had a bit of advice it would be to make a point of singing when the atmosphere is flat and keep it going, that's what OWTB did and what "Oldham Manager's" blue and white army can do. But good work :OWTB1:

Well done FLAGMAN and all those involved, you lot are doing a great job and we all need to spread the word that the young lads who fancy a sing song and some atmosphere should join the Ultra's at BP. Atmosphere has been far better recently!

thank you guys for the comments! at the moment im mainly doing this by myself trying to create events for each game, and im only 17, which is why to push this me and the drummer would both love more people to get involved, i bring all the flags with me, and my mate brings his drum... at the moment ive just finished the banner, and hopefully soon ill be meeting one of the ultra lads at frankfurt.. so anyone who would like to get involved come see me before the game at the rocky, i have all the flags so just come have a word or whatever :) check out the facebook ultras page to see more about whats happening http://www.facebook.com/pages/OA-95-Athletic-Ultras/176362615803412

Edited by FLAGMAN

• 9 months later...

thank you guys for the comments! at the moment im mainly doing this by myself trying to create events for each game, and im only 17, which is why to push this me and the drummer would both love more people to get involved, i bring all the flags with me, and my mate brings his drum... at the moment ive just finished the banner, and hopefully soon ill be meeting one of the ultra lads at frankfurt.. so anyone who would like to get involved come see me before the game at the rocky, i have all the flags so just come have a word or whatever smile.gif check out the facebook ultras page to see more about whats happening http://www.facebook....176362615803412

Sankt Pauli-Frankfurt ultra calling in. Good luck!

I admire the enthusiasm, but please don't bring the drum. We should be able to create enough of an atmosphere without it.

Without it songs die out so quickly. Two verses and the singing is done. At least the drum adds some continuation.

Everyone knows of the Latics-two-verse-syndrome.

Without it songs die out so quickly. Two verses and the singing is done. At least the drum adds some continuation.

It didn't exist before the drum, the drum has killed peoples ability to maintain a song, they're dependent on the drum, must follow drum.....

As (I presume) an ex-pat living in Berlin, you've done well to establish yourself with the Ultras of 2 clubs based at opposite ends of the country...

As (I presume) an ex-pat living in Berlin, you've done well to establish yourself with the Ultras of 2 clubs based at opposite ends of the country...

We currently blog about it in Starbucks whilst the match is on. It's too cold to stand there the 90 minutes, who would do such a thing?!

I'd value myself as a bit more of an expat, rather a half-native with the freedom to move back. And we also have a train or two for travelling around. Hey, when they play against Union Berlin and Hertha (HAHAHAHAHA) then it saves me a travel on the Deutscher Choo-Choo.

I can smell the twatiness from here.

Edited by GuyGermanLatic

Any naffer than the atmosphere at 95% league grounds in uk? Will always be joked about for the first couple of years because english ultras is a concept weve never really explored, in 10yrs if its the 'norm' will lead to a much better matchday experience, increased attendances and potentially save lower league clubs currently pulling in 3k in towns of 200,000