starting an ultra

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, everyone in the 'a' section were pretty mcuh original home fans and ultras, im personally from the chaddy, always have been, and i know full well that some people from the chaddy wont move, because its always been the home end. and the club are allowing people to exchange season tickets to the chaddy, or you can change them per game

no at the moment their are no planned away games yet, but as soon as we've got enough fans at home, we'll start to consider expanding to away games

If they have season tickets for the RRE and need to exchange them are the club charging them a pro-rata fee to compensate for the cheaper season tickets in the RRE?

Going to watch Cheltenham on Saturday who have their own established thing similar to what we're trying to do here.

http://www.wearewymans.co.uk/wymanshistory.htm

On the odd occasion I've been they have been pretty noticeable apart from against Accrington where they were completely outsung. They are generally positioned near the away end in one of the side stands, separate from all other supporters.

Btw Flagman I think this is a great idea and I really hope it takes off! I like to sing when I get the chance and joined in with the RRE lot for the Exeter game. The effort was there from the kids but it didn't make much of an impact. While spontaneous singing is the ultimate thing to strive for I think a bit of organisation to begin with is needed for the current atmosphere at home games to improve, so good on you and best of luck!

Hello - first poster here so please don't bite.

Just wanted to add to this discussion. I joined the 'Ultras' in the Chaddy last Monday. I'm not a season-ticket holder - I'm based in Cleethorpes now and drove over for the big match. I hope that in some way that gives you encouragement - ie other fans, not just STH are on board and are/will be attracted to this. It's a good idea and I had a cracking time - great atmosphere. The only thing I didn't like was the abuse dished out to Tommy Lee - as soon as that started I had a feeling he was going to have a stormer and it would be one of those nights... mad.gif

The rather small Ultras 'banner' that was unveiled around half-time was slightly embarrassing but, for me, generated a sense of pride at the same time! biggrin.gif Good effort lads!

I agree with suggestions it might be worth considering a RRE switch in the summer for next season. It's important we establish 100 per cent whether the noise from that end really is louder (so will therefore be heard by the players more - the ultimate aim). I don't think having to move now (dependent on away fans) and then is a big deal - some might think, for consistency, it'd be worth moving the away fans to the Chaddy and having RRE as the noisy home stand, but I'm sure others would view this as sacrilege! But obviously, we don't want to have this great noisy following in the Chaddy out-sung (in the ears of the players on the pitch) by fewer away fans in the RRE. Similarly, when a club comes along with a larger away following, why should they be given the stand that allows them to totally dominate the atmosphere...

Maybe at the end of the campaign - hopefully when the Ultras/Athleticos drive has built up steam - the club could simply ask if the players and the boss have any opinions?

I'll be at Bramall Lane on March 3 so it should definitely take place then. Although away followings are loud anyway and our noise has been praised by PD a lot this season, any pre-match planning - as we've recently discovered - does make a difference and breeds a mentality to back the team with vigour.

OWTB!

I live about a minute away from Bramhall Lane and I know you have to buy a ticket as there's no cash on the turnstlyes, I assume it will be unreserved seating. I went in the away end with Bradford and the most vocal support sat in the section second directly behind the goal. But with them it wasn't as much of an issue as all their fans stand up, with us I'd suggest it would be best to go in the section to the John Street End of the Away End (left hand side if you're facing the pitch) but it's a month away.

we are doing the ultras again on tuesday night against walsall, we hope that everyone that was their against chesterfield to turn up, and whoever wants to join are very welcome :) flags, the drummer, and the rest are still going to be down the chaddy end in the 'a' section, hope you can all join again :) also bringing flags and scarves would be even better :) the more people their the better! hope you can all join!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

is their anyone else that would help out with the ultras group? we would love to get some more people involved, even if its ideas, hints, tips or would like to join us in the section, please inbox me if you would give us any advise which would be brilliant if anyone could help us... as saying its only beginning, so more support the better! please get back to me soon :) thankyou.

Decent effort on Tuesday night I thought.

Keep it building.

thankyou, its great to hear some feedback that people are liking what were doing. if you have any ideas you could suggest or any help in making it better would be great!

think you posted on the ultras page on facebook, i was sat infront of you, you were creating some good atmosphere, and some good old songs that were going to bring back to the supporters. hope you can make a home game soon, hopefully you could come join us in the rocky end (Y)

think you posted on the ultras page on facebook, i was sat infront of you, you were creating some good atmosphere, and some good old songs that were going to bring back to the supporters. hope you can make a home game soon, hopefully you could come join us in the rocky end (Y)

we normally always play well everytime we sing the TITs chant, the other stuff used were songs that usually keeps on going (1 Banana, we'll sing on our own, never felt more like singing the blues) I think thats the key. It used to be great when we first started singing owtb because originally everyone sung it slowly so it went on and on like against Swindon in 2004

• 3 weeks later...

hoping to get a few more people down the rocky soon, getting a real promotion on this idea, hoping that more of you would like to even come join us for a game, get an idea of what its like :) like ive said we hope to get more supporters involved with this, a great support on saturday, lets keep it going and keep cheering on the latics :) any of you on fb if youd like to join our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/OA-95-Athletic-Ultras/176362615803412 let us know your ideas, what you like and dont like, any advice and help it great :)