Another one bites the dust

I've always thought that McCarthy comes across well in the media and is not a bad manager, but he had to go after yesterday.

McLeish should never have been hired in the first place whereas I think Chelsea should be patient with AVB as they need a big rebuild anyway, yet I think Abramovich will sack him next despite this.

I've always thought that McCarthy comes across well in the media and is not a bad manager, but he had to go after yesterday.

McLeish should never have been hired in the first place whereas I think Chelsea should be patient with AVB as they need a big rebuild anyway, yet I think Abramovich will sack him next despite this.

McCarthy was let down BADLY by his players yesterday. Their defending and lack of effort was criminal!

Edited by danoafc

And a new manager can do naff all but work with those same players.

He's been there a long time has McCArthy, they are his players, so he has be judged on that.

I still hope wigan and Bolton go down.

I kinda want Keen to stay up, against all those calling for his head, even though it is Barsteward Rovers.

Would not be sad if all 3 went down though

He may be a nice guy but he's another one in the Peter Reid, Ian Dowie, Steve Bruce mould - fails wherever he goes but still gets employed. 83 points from 124 premier league games at various clubs, but what the heck, he gets his contract paid up and there'll still be some mug of a chairman wanting to employ him, because the media love him, dour, straight talking Yorkshireman that he is.(insert :censored: smiley here)

Failing that there's always the ex-player/failed manager love-in on Sky.

Lee Clark sacked by Huddersfield after the defeat by Sheffied Utd; three defeats in 55, in the playoff positions having lead them to last season's playoff final. Very surprising.

Clark has reported the matter to the LMA.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17042572

Not sure he could have done a great deal better with the Charlton running away with the league. They're still only four points behind the Blades in second spot.

• 1 month later...