Dickov to Huddersfield

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also didn't want Robbie Simpson anywhere near the club, so, y'know, swings and roundabouts.

To be fair, Zorro, I have openly admitted I was wrong about Simpson. Very wrong, as he is head and shoulders above anything in our squad.

Dickov had a good honeymoon period with us that lasted, to my memory, until Dagenham away in Nov 2010. Since then, we have been toss (give our take the odd game). We have a decent set of players here and should be challenging for top 10. I dont have hopes of playoffs or promotion, but I hope and expect us to be higher than 16th! He can go for me, and I'd be amazed that any other club would want to pay compo for him.

You see teams such as Notts Co, Stevenage, Carlisle, Bury and Hartlepool all above us and, on paper, our squad/team is much better than theirs. We shouldn't be anywhere near the relegation places we are currently flirting with.

To be fair, Zorro, I have openly admitted I was wrong about Simpson. Very wrong, as he is head and shoulders above anything in our squad.

Dickov had a good honeymoon period with us that lasted, to my memory, until Dagenham away in Nov 2010. Since then, we have been toss (give our take the odd game). We have a decent set of players here and should be challenging for top 10. I dont have hopes of playoffs or promotion, but I hope and expect us to be higher than 16th! He can go for me, and I'd be amazed that any other club would want to pay compo for him.

You see teams such as Notts Co, Stevenage, Carlisle, Bury and Hartlepool all above us and, on paper, our squad/team is much better than theirs. We shouldn't be anywhere near the relegation places we are currently flirting with.

All good points.

The sign of a good manager is getting the best out of the players at his disposal. Time for PD to stand up and be counted because some of the performances of late have been unacceptable and need to be remedied sooner rather than later.

All good points.

The sign of a good manager is getting the best out of the players at his disposal. Time for PD to stand up and be counted because some of the performances of late have been unacceptable and need to be remedied sooner rather than later.

Agree - The issue as I see it is that the balance of the side is wrong at the moment - we have been robbed of the services of Furman and Wesolowski and we simply do not have the players to step into the midfield. PD is working with a reduced squad and possibly is making the wrong choices.

I believe that we cannot afford to play both Morais and Marsh-Brown in the same team. We need to be tighter through the middle and if that means playing with three central midfielders at the expense of one of the flair players, then that is the way to go. We were badly exposed at MK Dons - time to tighten up and play a little bit narrower?

Bottom line - too many players out injured - too many players out of form. Tranmere next - they are playing well and hopefully will bring a few - a good test for the team.

I wasn't having a pop. Just a tongue-in-cheek remark.

I kind of agree with you about Dickov and I kind of don't. I think he has a lot of potential as a manager, I don't think we're in any danger of relegation, so I'd like to see us give him the chance to ride it out. On the other hand you do have to look at some of the individuals we have and say that our league position betrays the relative wealth of talent.

I'm in no rush to get rid. He'll be alright.

Flirting with relegation- Nah, we are 7 points clear of Walsall with 2 games in hand.

Bury, Notts County and Hartlepool are all catchable if we win our games in hand. We would also be in the top 10.

Win our games in hand and our squad is doing what I'd expect of it and much better that I hoped at the start of the season. The table is currently painting a false picture if you only look at positions.

Do we really have that much talent though if you take the blue tinted specs off (which for various reasons never seem to let people view the manager!)Are we really top 10 material? I personally dont feel like there is much quality in the squad.

Cisak - pretty decent, occasionally error prone

Bouzanis - not seen him play

Diallo - injured

Black - not a good league 1 full back

Mellor - young, steady not spectacular

Diamond - OK, awful distribution

Mvoto - excellent for 85 mins but extremely error prone

Tarkowski - Young impressed so far

Lee - Steady right back, very good player for league 1

Marsh Brown - havent seen enough

Parker - not impressed since back from injury

Morais - can be excellent or non-existant

Furman - very good CM for this level but not most creative

Wesolowski - see Furman

Adeyemi - fades in and out of games

Taylor - Good league 1 player no end product

Simpson - quality for this level

Kuqi - puts in a shift most games but goals have dried up

Smith - not at league 1 level so far

Winchester - young not had much of a chance

Reid - injured

Do we really have that much talent though if you take the blue tinted specs off (which for various reasons never seem to let people view the manager!)Are we really top 10 material? I personally dont feel like there is much quality in the squad.

Diallo - injured

Wesolowski - see Furman

Reid - injured

Agree with most of this. Not really a big squad when you look at it like that. Massive hole in it without Wes and Furman as we all know. Think you are being harsh on Diamond. Am I alone in not being too bothered whether our CB's have decent distribution as long as they can head everything and clear their lines? Saying that Diamond has not really done this on a consistent basis. Saturday is huge.

Edited by welshgaz

Diallo - injured

Wesolowski - see Furman

Reid - injured

You get what you expect from a league one centre back in Diamond and M'voto, they'll stick their head or foot in and they'll mostly hoof it away. If they was ball playing central defenders aswell with good distribution and constant concentration for the full game then they'd in the league above.

You don't build a squad of star individuals, you build a team of grafters who will do the simple things, with one or two star players in. For league one, we've got a good team, with several who can play at a higher level. We should be higher in the table with the squad we have got, we have the ability to play it along the floor, with quick sharp passing, or if that doesn't work, we have the players who can do the long-ball route, hold it up, bring others into play. We have the squad to be higher up the table, well done to PD on bringing the team together, but he appears to not know what his best line-up is and how to get the best out of them, no doubt he's a good motivator for the players etc, but he lets himself down on tactics. If he can develop his tactics more, perhaps gets someone to come in and advise him and GT for a while, as they are inexperienced, so just to help them develop tactical knowledge of the game then we will see the team sitting in the top half easily, as string a few wins together in this league, and you'll shoot up the table. For example, we have 4 games more to play than Bournemouth, win them four then we would be level on points on them in 8th as the table stands, and 4 points of play-offs. We have the squad to be up there.

Diallo - injured

Wesolowski - see Furman

Reid - injured

I am a PD fan, but it will be quite a significant marker to see what sort of reaction we get to Saturday's result.

We seem to have been poor, or inconsistnent for quite some time now.

One quote forget who , said if he went [to Hudds] then the squad will be much better.

But you only have to look at the list above to see some real quality, but also that by the end of the season we could be in line for yet another major overhaul.

I would say, quite rightly, the honeymoon period is over, but as with Big Joe, we need to stick through the hard and lean times. This "project" will take some time yet. Patient is needed, but yes questions need to be asked.

I am a PD fan, but it will be quite a significant marker to see what sort of reaction we get to Saturday's result.

We seem to have been poor, or inconsistnent for quite some time now.

One quote forget who , said if he went [to Hudds] then the squad will be much better.

But you only have to look at the list above to see some real quality, but also that by the end of the season we could be in line for yet another major overhaul.

I would say, quite rightly, the honeymoon period is over, but as with Big Joe, we need to stick through the hard and lean times. This "project" will take some time yet. Patient is needed, but yes questions need to be asked.

I still say we need an old head around the club. Someone who doesnt want to manage but can offer advice to PD when needed.

Lets face it, based on the second half last season and now, PD needs the assistance.

Diallo - injured

Wesolowski - see Furman

Reid - injured

Have to disagree about Cisak. Best keeper we've had at the club in a good while. Still very young. Made some vital saves this season that has prevented us dropping points.

Diallo - injured

Wesolowski - see Furman

Reid - injured

better than the team that started the season but take out two of Furman, Kuqi, Simpson and Wesolowski and we've got a bottom 6 side. Still better than the side we had under Penney mind

Flirting with relegation- Nah, we are 7 points clear of Walsall with 2 games in hand.

Bury, Notts County and Hartlepool are all catchable if we win our games in hand. We would also be in the top 10.

Win our games in hand and our squad is doing what I'd expect of it and much better that I hoped at the start of the season. The table is currently painting a false picture if you only look at positions.

Don't kid yourself we're not flirting with relegation. Those games in hand don't mean anything unless you pick up points from them. And, given our current form, key players already missing and the mass of fixtures we face in the next couple of months (potentially bringing more injuries and suspensions) we're flirting all right.

I'm not saying we'll go down but I think anyone who thinks we'll walk it is kidding themselves.

League form since the beginning of December:

P9 W2 D3 L4 F7 A14 Pts9

And more recent form including cup competitions:

W1 D2 L5

quite damning words from Hudds manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17110319

After giving a manager £7.29mil to build a squad, that looks likes its heading for the play-offs after the way they bottled it last time, you cant really blame him can you! Dont know how Lee Clarke can complain. Some managers wont get that money to spend at some premier league clubs never mind a league 1 club!

Apparently Clark got a rollicking for applying for the Leicester job at the start of the season.

Got given a warning and then applied for the Leeds job and pushed Hoyle over the edge.

That was the talk I got from a lad I know who works at Huddersfield.

You only get 1 chance of apologising on Football Manager aswell