Sheffield United: Directions, Beer & Food

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having been impressed with the official coach's ability to get us to the match in time for a quick pint (I hadn't got on the coach for years before recently), I have booked myself and my dad on it.

I've read above that the nearest pub for away fans is ten minutes away from the ground, my dad isn't so good with walking too far - is that a brisk ten minutes or is there anywhere nearer? Or will we have to make do with the bar in the ground?

Thanks

Having been impressed with the official coach's ability to get us to the match in time for a quick pint (I hadn't got on the coach for years before recently), I have booked myself and my dad on it.

I've read above that the nearest pub for away fans is ten minutes away from the ground, my dad isn't so good with walking too far - is that a brisk ten minutes or is there anywhere nearer? Or will we have to make do with the bar in the ground?

Thanks

I believe that is the Howard which is outside the station, went in there the season before last, TBH it is a bit of a :censored:e hole and 10 minutes walking briskly would be about right.

I didn't mention the pubs further afield, but we're getting there early and doing the Kelham Island area, where we've been twice before. Then city centre pubs after the match and again after the Leadmill gig, before staying over.

I am coming up by coach from Milton Keynes what time are you likely to arrive? as i would love to get to the Kelham Island tavern

I am coming up by coach from Milton Keynes what time are you likely to arrive? as i would love to get to the Kelham Island tavern

My post related to 2012. I'm not going to Kelham Island this time, but I would suggest going by tram to Shalesmoor and then walk to the Kelham Island Tavern. The Fat Cat pub round the corner is also worth a visit.

From there you can get either the 79 bus from Gibraltar Street to Shoreham Street, or the tram from Shalesmoor to Granville Road, for Bramall Lane.

I believe that is the Howard which is outside the station, went in there the season before last, TBH it is a bit of a :censored:e hole and 10 minutes walking briskly would be about right.

In 2012 on Twitter the South Yorkshire Police asked Latics fans to drink in two pubs:

@OfficialOAFC #oafc If you want a drink prior to game use the Howard or Globe PH near to station please.

The Howard and Globe are both :censored:holes aren't they? Well, the Globe was a Scream pub last time I looked, and the Howard has never looked like one to pop into.

If you are arriving on the train, the Sheffield Tap is in the station. So can't fail but be on your way.The Rutland Arms is also around that area. That was good last time I was in there (though strangely there was a wedding party on, so we made our excuses after a pint and a quick go at the buffet).

The Howard and Globe are both :censored:holes aren't they? Well, the Globe was a Scream pub last time I looked, and the Howard has never looked like one to pop into.

If you are arriving on the train, the Sheffield Tap is in the station. So can't fail but be on your way.The Rutland Arms is also around that area. That was good last time I was in there (though strangely there was a wedding party on, so we made our excuses after a pint and a quick go at the buffet).

The Sheffield Tap in the rail station, accessed from either Platform 1b or Sheaf Street, is worth a visit even if you're not arriving by train, and it's open from 10:00am to midnight on Saturdays.

http://www.sheffieldtap.com/

Thanks, looking at the map the Wetherspoons Sheaf Island is a bit closer so might try there if we have time.