Corney's comments in the Chron last night

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but WTF?!!

"It has got to the point now where our players resent the fact they are running out in front of so few supporters."

Well how about those players get their fingers out of their collective arse and start giving the fans a reason to attend?! :mad:

Rock and a hard place, isn't it?

TTA were the ones who knocked down the Lookers to save a few quid. The view of what remains as you run out of the tunnel isn't exactly spectacular.

Home record since it went - one of the poorest in any league I'd guess.

Coincidence? Might be. Might not be.

I'd still rather watch a Dickov team than a Penney team.

TTA were the ones who knocked down the Lookers to save a few quid. The view of what remains as you run out of the tunnel isn't exactly spectacular.

This . Its not the crowds that will be morale destroying its coming out and seeing a carpark and houses instead of a stand

"It has got to the point now where our players resent the fact they are running out in front of so few supporters."

Well how about those players get their fingers out of their collective arse and start giving the fans a reason to attend?! :mad:

They resent getting paid to run out and play football at Boundary Park. Get them to pay £20 and sit in the stands and watch some of the crap they have served up and see how much they resent it then

Aw, poor 'ickle players. Boo hoo.

As others have said, try sitting in the stands; especially the Penney season, and see how that feels!!!!

Taking out all the other usual reasons - if performances improved; so would attendences. They should look at themselves before 'resenting' the stay-a-ways

I'm not having a go at SC here cos I have a lot of respect for how he's stuck by the club when a lot of others would have walked, but if the players are seriously affected by lower crowds and a below average stadium they need to seriously man up.

"not enough people are paying to watch me play football for £1000 per week"

boo :censored:ing hoo.

When I used to play on saturdays I played in much worse surroundings than boundary park but I was happy with the fact I was kicking a ball about and getting paid for it. Some people need a reality check.

Aw, poor 'ickle players. Boo hoo.

As others have said, try sitting in the stands; especially the Penney season, and see how that feels!!!!

Taking out all the other usual reasons - if performances improved; so would attendences. They should look at themselves before 'resenting' the stay-a-ways

To be fair, I don't think many of players would tell you they resent running out at BP. I think it's just Corney talking :censored:.

For an educational trip the club should take all the players on a rickety old coach to watch a team like Blyth Spartans on a bleak winters night, it might make them realise how lucky they are to be playing league football and receiving decent money.

I think with hindsight SC may want to review or withdraw that rather unfortunate phrasing and comment ?

Another unbelievable comment from Corney and is probably the worst thing he could have said to promote the Golden ticket!!!

Dickov has said in the media on more than one occasion that it's up to the players to attract and entertain the crowds and he is dead right.

We took over 6000 fans (and quite a few more if we'd had a larger allocation) over 40 miles and yet are struggling to muster 3000 on our bloody doorstep.......nearly 20 years of projected doom and gloom from the boardroom, two relegations, and on the whole utter :censored:e on the pitch is the reason we are where we are today.

I am extremely grateful to Corney & Co for saving my club but in truth, it has been a total disaster from day one. We have had one playoff season in nearly 20 years and are now playing in a crumbling decrepit 3 sided stadium which is almost certainly the worst in the league.

If we had invested just a little bit more money in the team instead of on silly £2 games, friend for a fiver, and now 4 games for £15 we could have been in the championship now.

I just cannot understand why 3 relatively rich businessmen would want to get involved with a football club just to coast along and dig themselves deeper and deeper into debt with each passing month!!

As good an offer as the golden ticket appears to be when we revert back to full price admission we will be back to square one.

Success on the pitch is the only long term solution to our problem.... The Oldham public will not come back until we have a decent team to shout about.....I've said it before and I'll say it again, get a successful team out on the pitch and just about everything else will fall into place!!!

They resent getting paid to run out and play football at Boundary Park. Get them to pay £20 and sit in the stands and watch some of the crap they have served up and see how much they resent it then

No, swap it right around and make them pay to watch me play. That will learn 'em good and proper.

I understand what people are saying but can't get my knickers in a twist about this.

Nobody has a problem when players say they enjoy playing in front of larger crowds (and Latics players have said how they've looked forward to some games this season because they know there'll be more there). Why is it such a big deal to say they don't look forward to small crowds?

I understand what people are saying but can't get my knickers in a twist about this.

Nobody has a problem when players say they enjoy playing in front of larger crowds (and Latics players have said how they've looked forward to some games this season because they know there'll be more there). Why is it such a big deal to say they don't look forward to small crowds?

It's one thing to say they don't look forward to it, and another to say they resent it.

As someone else has said though, it's most likely just a case of Corney talkng bollocks.