Another one bites the dust -tranmere

In an interview on Late Kick Off last season, Parry was asked if he would ever think of reverting to a physio role. "No, I regard myself as a manager now. I wouldn't go back to being a physio", was his response.

Well, you're neither now, Sponge Bob, so maybe you need a rethink. Never nice to see a manager get the boot, but I think he'll really struggle to get another manager's job. Although possibly slightly more chance than Dave Penney.

Nothing on the TRFC website at the moment. Just checked their fans forum now and there's a post saying they've heard from a player today he took charge of training, though how reliable that is I'm sure nobody knows.

I for one think he should stay, he was doing superbly.

did a great job to keep them up and playing half decent, but he had no personality at all and just looked boring

I dunno, I thought he was one of the better personalities in the parade of the bland that is footballers and managers. He always came across quite humourous and decent on Late Kick Off or other such programmes. Like Yard Dock mentioned, his journey to becoming one is quite nice and not dissimilar to the way Eyresy cut his teeth. At the end of the day it's an honest pro who's out of a job now and possibly still a bit of a mortgage to pay.

He always struck me like a non-league or pub team manager though. I think he'd do a good job at Marine FC or similar.

Sarah Mulkerrins (BBC) now reporting this on Twitter.

The bloke who used to drive the bus I get to work is a Tranmere fan. I say a Tranmere fan, he's one of these gob:censored:es who doesn't go to the game, doesn't watch football much, doesn't really follow the game, doesn't even check 'his' team's results most weeks, but knows more than me about football cos he possesses the Testicles of Footballing Knowledge. Haven't seen him for months, he's probably been sacked for being a creepy little :censored:. Anyway.....he gave me loads of grief when we appointed Dickov. He's nothing but a thug, he's thick, he'll pick up that many touchline bans he won't be able to do the job, Parry's gonna be a far better manager, he's done a brilliant job so far, once the board give him some money he'll be superb, I bet you wish you had Parry instead of Dickov, etc etc blah blah blah.

There were many thoughts going through my head when Dickov came over to the away end to celebrate with us at the end of the game yesterday, most of them unrepeatable. "I wish we had Les Parry in charge" wasn't one of them.

Not nice to see him out of work after so many years at Trannies.

Not much sympathy on a footballing level though after he told his staff not to return the ball to our players for throw-ins when they were last at BP. To his physio who was about to throw the ball to Kieran Lee after it had gone out:

"What are you doing? Don't f*cking give them the ball back."

Edited by bossrocks

I said the other week that our games aginst them just aren't the same now that Ronnie Moore has gone. He's out of work so it makes sense to give him the job, plus hopefully it will up the ante in our rivalry with them, I just couldn't bring myself to hate Les Parry.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I said the other week that our games aginst them just aren't the same now that Ronnie Moore has gone. He's out of work so it makes sense to give him the job, plus hopefully it will up the ante in our rivalry with them, I just couldn't bring myself to hate Les Parry.

Martin Allen's available...

i think Gazza has served his managerial apprenticeship by now

Nah, he'll be going to Rangers when McCoist gets made redundant. He's probably already outside Ibrox with a bucket of chicken and a fishing rod.