come on, own up.

Ha. He was right in front of us doing that. We gave him a bit of banter about 'manning up' and the like. Bless him though. His generation of fans have basically only ever seen us being :censored:e; so I don't really blame a little tear or 2 to be fair. I have so much respect for the young fans who still continue to come and watch us; when all they've ever had from us is League One struggle. Days like yesterday are the reward for not taking the easy option and following the "safe" options of Man U or City.

His generation of fans have basically only ever seen us being :censored:e; so I don't really blame a little tear or 2 to be fair. I have so much respect for the young fans who still continue to come and watch us; when all they've ever had from us is League One struggle

Definitely. Much easier to put on Sky Sports 1 and buy a United shirt than it is to follow Latics.

That is actually me, and I'm not ashamed to say I shed a tear. I'm 21, so not old enough to have seen the glory years, and for all my time watching latics we have basically been :censored:e and stuck in league one. The emotion of the day, the victory, finally having something worth cheering about got to me. It's hard supporting a team like Latics who are pretty much constantly rubbish, paying my money to go watch us, knowing that we'll probably lose but going anyway because its in my blood.

I'm a football fan, and an Oldham fan, and yesterday the club did me proud.

That is actually me, and I'm not ashamed to say I shed a tear. I'm 21, so not old enough to have seen the glory years, and for all my time watching latics we have basically been :censored:e and stuck in league one. The emotion of the day, the victory, finally having something worth cheering about got to me. It's hard supporting a team like Latics who are pretty much constantly rubbish, paying my money to go watch us, knowing that we'll probably lose but going anyway because its in my blood.

I didnt mean what I said about the poo thing.

Good on you, hope you remember the day

There were several people welling up yesterday. I'm not surprised after some of the performances we've seen. I was one of the 80 at Notts last week and I felt like crying after that one. Football is an emotional game and for some of our fans they have never seen anything like yesterday before.

Fair play to you pal.

Emotions were running high!

On a serious note fair play mate, I'm only in my early twenties myself and am in pretty much the same boat as you, the best team I've seen at Latics was the one under dowie when we made the play-offs, the closest I ever got to the glory days of the early 90's were stories from my dad, I still cling to the hope that one day we could make it up there again, but even if we don't my love for oafc will never falter. Yesterday was a day I'll remember for the Rest of my life, the feeling when the full time whistle went is one united and city fans will never experience whilst they win week in week out. For all the :censored: we put up with, days like yesterday make it so worth it. Edited by 4froale

I was stood on my chair and, when the whistle went for FT, I just put my head in my hands and repeatedly thought to myself 'What the :censored: have I just witnessed?'. And, I'm also not ashamed to say I shed a tear.

Still being in the OGM at 3am singing Jose Baxter baby didn't seem like the best idea when I had to get up for work yesterday...

im 16 and with Latics have only ever experienced pain, our best season was undoubtedly under Shez when Blackpool deservedly beat us in the play-offs and the highs of my time supporting are early away games with my dad- including Sheridan equalizing away at Wednesday for us and beating Stockport County 2-1- and memorable home games, 4-3 Millwall being the most notable for me. I didn't go to City at home or Everton away so yesterday was my first real massive game in which we caused an upset(definitely first with a 5 figure attendance) and It made me glad that I've suffered 99% of home games for the last 3 seasons! but I'm dedicated to the club, cleared snow from the pitch in multiple winters, volunteered with ground maintenance last summer and walked 40 miles (TWICE) in the name of Oldham Athletic and tbh, even with the temptations of City and United a few miles down the road and a school full of glory supporters I wouldn't change supporting Oldham for the world. I was getting tweets congratulating us from City and United fans actually, from people knowing how we must feel knowing what we suffer! They're my club and they always will be, thanks to my dad, I'll be Oldham til I die and I couldn't be happier about it, I just wish I'd experienced the glory days of the Joe Royle 'pinch me' seasons and I still remember the buzz about the place in his first game back after replacing Dave Penney for the remainder of the season in 2010 and I'm still star struck when I see him even after not experiencing his managing prowess, the only way I can relieve it is my favourite video on YouTube; "Oldham Athletic 3-2 Sheffield Wednesday". What a day that must have been, we're a sucker for a 3-2 win aren't we;)

I think that if it wasn't for all the adrenaline pumping through my body at full time yesterday, I too probably would have shed a tear.

Edited by iamjonesyyoafc