Mergamatic: Lee Johnson Confirmed Thread

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

think we need to know what the criteria was to even get an interview, would have thought it would at least have been around experience but clearly not? Baffled!

So what was all that about only offering Dowie till the end of the season??Clearly it WAS all about the cheap option.Gutted.

I hope all the muppets on here when Dickov got the boot saying we don't want Dowie, Brown, Megson etc as our next manager are friggin happy now. We have ended up with a complete novice when the club is on the verge of going down the pan.

Question is, will the fans blame him if we go down??

For me we are likely to go down whoever is in charge so I would give him a chance to rebuild in the Summer if we did. Sadly, I think most will blame LJ so I can see us having to pay off another manager this summer when no one buys a new season ticket.

Maybe this is why we have gone for a cheap option as the same outcome would be likely with an experienced guy at the helm.

Well, it is the final nail in the coffin, as I suspect it will be for a lot of "fans" that have had enough of these brain farts from the Oldham board.

Staying up until 4am on Sunday morning to listen to us get beat - with the audio dropping out all the time. This makes me think, why the hell should I keep doing it? Why should I pay for 2 season tickets even though I clearly don't use them?

They kept Dickov for too long, cos he is a nice guy.

Maybe this clown is a nice guy too. Is that the selection process? What a thoroughly nice guy he was, should we give him the job?

2 year contract! After Barry Owen was saying that they have to be careful about not paying out huge contracts when they have to be sacked.

The guy would have been lucky to get until the end of the season, we give him 2 years!

Rant over.

I hope all the muppets on here when Dickov got the boot saying we don't want Dowie, Brown, Megson etc as our next manager are friggin happy now. We have ended up with a complete novice when the club is on the verge of going down the pan.

I'm still glad we didn't appoint Brown, Megson or Sammy Lee.

2 years????

Dickov was still on a rolling weren't he? Even those who think we've taken the cheap option can't deny it's a bold statement contract wise.

They obviously rate what they saw

But what can they possibly have seen? The guy has no track record.

What is their criteria? Will you work for minimum wage and a bag of quavers? Ur hired!

But what can they possibly have seen? The guy has no track record.

What is their criteria? Will you work for minimum wage and a bag of quavers? Ur hired!

I'm struggling to get my head round the appointment. It's not the route I'd have gone but I expected a deal to the end of the season.

I know nowt about him either but, rightly or wrongly, he's got 2 years so he's obviously not just impressed at the interview but absolutely nailed it.