Mergamatic: Lee Johnson Confirmed Thread

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LJ's CV reads-

I helped my dad get Yeovil from non league to league 1.

I helped my dad get Bristol City into the Championship.

I've played 468 games.

I've scored 40 goals.

SC asks Have you any management experience?

LJ No, but my dad does.

SC How much salary are you expecting?

LJ I don't mind.

SC That's ok the jobs yours. Here's a 2 year contract, sign before you change your mind.

13/8 to go down now, watch that plummet

Tuesday v Hartlepool is the biggest this club has had this season and we have a bloke managing who has probably never managed a Sunday League game in his life

Mind you if he wins tomorrow he will be heading the right way to win the fans around

I'd say he HAS to win tomorrow to have a chance of winning the fans over and keeping consolidation in league one a possibility.

Well, welcome to Boundary Park Lee!

As for the board, Corney et al, if we get relegated you've well and truly :censored:ed us

If he keeps us up, you've got away with one of the biggest gambles in managerial appointments I've ever seen.

Their dawlding and thumb twirling for months about who to bring in and we've ended up at a bloke who's never managed, been a journey man player, does he even have any badges?! The decision making is mind boggling! I'll get behind him and support him every step of the way of course but this whole process has been ridiculous

Tuesday will be VERY interesting

To be honest, I'm a bit gutted I didn't apply now.

I have coached the local girls under 13s for 3 years now with 2 league titles, and one second place (okay there is only 8 in the league, but it still counts).

I have some badges, mainly from my days as a cub scout.

My dad has been to Yeovil a few times.

I got Oldham to European cup glory FM12 with no cheating. (Not played FM13 yet as I don't have the time).

I think I was in with a shot. Ah well, I will apply again in the summer when we are in League Two.

UEFA PRO LICENSE too,

All hinges on his assistant, the three chief scouts in the family is useful. Perhaps a better support network in place than PD had. Looking forward to seeing what he has to say when politely put on the spot from fans….

Right gonna collect these papers in, better do some work

Why? He is the manager. I'm actually fairly pleased with this appointment. Young, hungry appointments tend to be the more successful. Did we really want 'experience' in the Ronnie, Dave mould? Lets get behind him and help him keep us up.

Yes.

• I've been prepping for 8 or 9 years - lots of effort to learn things and get my badges - I feel ready and it's part of a long term plan.
  • My dad's been great throughout my career, it's all valuable experience - being able to second guess everything he's done.
  • I've played under some good managers and I've looked to take the best from each and add them to my philosophy.
  • Being young brings pressure. But I feel ready and comfortable.
  • A lot of encouragement from the board which gives me strength. Proud to be part of such a great club and I have the chance to be here for two years and produce something they've not seen before.
  • Survival has to be my goal of course. I took a session this morning and the lads are bright and fantastic.
  • We're in this position for a reason. but I've been here for 6 or 7 games now watching the side and I think I know what I need to do.
  • I didn't know (asked if he knew about the move - given he's been coming for a while), just that this is my first real interview and so I was preparing for it. I did't want to be in front of a chairman and not have all the information.
  • It's a massive month, 10 huge games (they were asking about April 16th when we face Yeovil) but I've told the players we have to be the ultimate professionals and everything we do has to be working towards keeping Oldham in this league.

Paraphrased from his SSN interview. Now back to an afternoon of calls - don't start new threads you rascals!

Great summary Ackey.

He came across well, few too many cliches but let's cut him some slack (ha).

I liked some of the points he made, particularly the one about the players behaving like ultimate professionals for the next 6-7 weeks. If they do that they'll probably stay up.