One thing that absolutely disgusted me this afternoon

We discussed the fact the club needed to regain the Cup momentum and good feeling, perhaps another discount initiative to get bums on seats.

Simon is loathe to do it because of previous criticism, last season and at other periods of his tenure he has received hate mail, threatening his well being, his family and even his kids. To me there is absolutely no justification for this whatsoever, and if these people are indeed Oldham Athletic fans, then words fail me.

All criticism should never be personal, yes criticise his running of the club, the budget, the ground, his business acumen etc.. even his motives for being here but what I heard this afternoon, disgusted me. It's a game at the end of the day, and no matter what in the grander scheme of things is simply not that important…..

To send hate mail, threats and bile just because a few people have got into a football match cheaper than you is a disgrace. Sound off on a message board, keep it constructive and maybe have the balls to tackle your misgivings with him face to face!

If it was me I would have involved the police, pressed charges and banned them for life from Boundary Park, absolute cowards!

Edited by oafcprozac

Similar situation at Stockport too by the sound of it.

There is absolutely no place for hate mail and threatening SC and his family is so far out of order it's obscene. It's football FFS if you threaten those involved in such a way then you need to find another hobby before someone else finds one for you.

We discussed the fact the club needed to regain the Cup momentum and good feeling, perhaps another discount initiative to get bums on seats.

Simon is loathe to do it because of previous criticism, last season and at other periods of his tenure he has received hate mail, threatening his well being, his family and even his kids. To me there is absolutely no justification for this whatsoever, and if these people are indeed Oldham Athletic fans, then words fail me.

All criticism should never be personal, yes criticise his running of the club, the budget, the ground, his business acumen etc.. even his motives for being here but what I heard this afternoon, disgusted me. It's a game at the end of the day, and no matter what in the grander scheme of things is simply not that important…..

To send hate mail, threats and bile just because a few people have got into a football match cheaper than you is a disgrace. Sound off on a message board, keep it constructive and maybe have the balls to tackle your misgivings with him face to face!

If it was me I would have involved the police, pressed charges and banned them for life from Boundary Park, absolute cowards!

I was stunned at that also Prozac...

Edited by Lukers1

Nothing surprises me anymore where levels of criticism are concerned.

Similar situation at Stockport too by the sound of it.

There is absolutely no place for hate mail and threatening SC and his family is so far out of order it's obscene. It's football FFS if you threaten those involved in such a way then you need to find another hobby before someone else finds one for you.

Sign Curtis Woodhouse.

Edited by BP1960

I'm not condoning it in any way but football does bring out some absolute :censored:ing pondlife out. And in an age where you can deliver your deluded, xenophobic bile on lots of platforms, you kind of have to accept you're going to get it and ignore it.

I see quite a bit of it on Facebook (not death threats I must point out), but plenty of anti-semetic nasty :censored:.

Amazing that he has received as much hate-mail as he told us about today.

Disgraced at my fellow oafc 'fans'

Corney at times became to defensive this afternoon, but whatever is said about the man he is passionate about the club.

I think this is a belting appointment and hope that waiting for "his man" in the summer wont be too detrimental to our status as a league one side and TP, PG and CB continue to step up to the mark. Stay up and the blueprint for success as a club he outlined to the lucky 12 will start looking very promising.

C'mon lads 2mro is vital for us!!

Sign Curtis Woodhouse.

I'm not condoning it in any way but football does bring out some absolute :censored:ing pondlife out. And in an age where you can deliver your deluded, xenophobic bile on lots of platforms, you kind of have to accept you're going to get it and ignore it.

I see quite a bit of it on Facebook (not death threats I must point out), but plenty of anti-semetic nasty :censored:.

It's not just football either, appear on TV and you are going to cop a lot of abuse from people, some of whom ought to know better.

As for Curtis Woodhouse, there is a bit of me that would like to applaud him for what he did; most of me though thinks he is as bad as the troll.

That's been narrowly beneath the surface for years. A strange observation from one whose only meeting with Mr Corney began with him saying, "So which one of you is the anti-Semitic :censored: then?" but there you go.

The same sort of idiots who would make a day out of traveling to the Big Brother house so they could boo at people being 'evicted' - they are the same breed of gob:censored:e that take the time to threaten players, managers, etc.

Thankfully these people are usually too stupid to tie their own shoe laces than to be a real danger.

However, that's no comfort to those on the receiving end.

These idiots should be dealt with as they arise. Somebody - most likely - knows who has been acting the utter idiot in the past. If they do it again, they'll most likely tell someone they've done it again. So shop them. Tell the club and the cops.

These fools need sorting.

I've criticised him over the way he's handled the situation since sacking the backroom staff.

This, however, is unbelievable. It's disgusting and totally unacceptable. I'd like to see action. I don't want this type of :censored: at my club. SC might have to account for his actions, but what type of bastard issues death threats and gives anti-Semitic abuse? He doesn't deserve that.

I don't want them here.

Identify, prosecute and ban.