Final League Table 2012-2013. (27th April)

Highlights

Some great efforts, but none could catch 24hoursfromtulsehill, winning by 4 points. A special mention to pk200, who claimed 10 points by correctly predicting the 1-1 draw, Millar as scorer and only missed the 5,191 attendance by 64.

Others who predicted the 1-1 result were RobOAFC, Oafc1895, Bristolatic, John Platt, steveoafc, boboafc, rudemedic and Ex_pat. Baxter20, 24hoursfromtulsehill, JoeP and Chaddyender2 all went for a draw but predicted 2-2. Bristolatic, rudemedic and Craig D all had Millar as scorer and John Platt also collected 3 attendance points by going for 5,213 (missed by 22).

AndyGortonsMatches’ optimism continued with a 7-0 win for Latics.

End of season awards

Overall winner: 24hoursfromtulsehill

Most correct W,L,D predictions: 24hoursfromtulsehill – 23

Most correct Latics goals predictions: Stevie_J – 18

Most correct opposition goals predictions: Ex_pat – 19

Most correct first Latics scorer predictions: 24hoursfromtulsehill and boboafc – 9

Most correct within 100 of attendance predictions: LaticsPete – 12

Thanks for taking part, everyone. Now what do we do for the next 3 months?

13-04-27prem.jpg

13-04-27champ1.jpg

Oops, it sort of slid orff a bit.

Bristol - Sorry we can't offer you anything more exciting but if you'd like to have someone other than Tricky Ricky under your Username as your Latics' player let me know who and we will change it for you... a small token of appreciation for a great bit of work throughout the year!

So proud.

Cheers for doing the league Bristol. It's been massively exciting knowing where everyone stands and poring over the stats and the permutations and such.

Easily my biggest achievement in football.

Congratulations Mr24. I was hoping I'd see you at Orient, just to let you know that my prediction was better then yours! :grin: At least I closed the gap to 4 points.

Bristol - Sorry we can't offer you anything more exciting but if you'd like to have someone other than Tricky Ricky under your Username as your Latics' player let me know who and we will change it for you... a small token of appreciation for a great bit of work throughout the year!

Cheers, Ackey. Appreciate the offer, but I'm actually quite proud to have the shambling wingman there. One of my favourite all time players, so I'm happy to leave it as it is.

Thanks Bristol.

Great work and hope you've signed on again for next season.

Indeed cheers Bristol

Thanks chaps. I've enjoyed doing it and I see no reason why I won't carry on. I'll ask the gaffer to have a look at renewing my contract :deal2::lol: .

When I first took it on, Stevie_J was looking at ways of improving it and, hopefully, raising some money for Playershare, and I was thinking of ideas to make it more interesting, but there wasn't sufficient time to set it up. Maybe that can be done for next season.

Edited by Bristolatic

24hrs - same goes for the winner. Give us a shout if you want a change. Well done.

Bristol, thanks very much for taking this on. Great job.

Congratulations Mr24. I was hoping I'd see you at Orient, just to let you know that my prediction was better then yours! :grin: At least I closed the gap to 4 points.

Cheers, Ackey. Appreciate the offer, but I'm actually quite proud to have the shambling wingman there. One of my favourite all time players, so I'm happy to leave it as it is.

Thanks chaps. I've enjoyed doing it and I see no reason why I won't carry on. I'll ask the gaffer to have a look at renewing my contract :deal2::lol: .

When I first took it on, Stevie_J was looking at ways of improving it and, hopefully, raising some money for Playershare, and I was thinking of ideas to make it more interesting, but there wasn't sufficient time to set it up. Maybe that can be done for next season.

I'm hoping to sign you up to a Pardew-esque contract.

And, yes, hopefully we can set something up for next season to raise PS funds and offer prizes. I've got an idea to make it a bit more interesting too. Just need to sit down and figure out how it'll work.

I'm hoping to sign you up to a Pardew-esque contract.

8 years? I'll be too old to use my laptop by then! :huh: Seriously, though, I'm happy to carry on.

And, yes, hopefully we can set something up for next season to raise PS funds and offer prizes. I've got an idea to make it a bit more interesting too. Just need to sit down and figure out how it'll work.

I hope these ideas aren't too complicated for me to work with. :computer: There were some suggestions in this thread http://www.owtb./ind...showtopic=42451 if it helps.

Edited by Bristolatic

• 2 years later...

The amazing thing is how little hullabaloo this momentous event caused at the time. A bit like the Gettysburg address really. Just another Lincoln ramble at the time - sacred text now.

And from that day it was decided to take the whole thing professional (although it was said at the time that the offer of a name change was crossing the line of amateurism). Now look at the game of predicting! Just look at the amount of time and energy people waste spend on it! Think of the algorithms and the pagan rituals and the devil worship!

The amazing thing is how little hullabaloo this momentous event caused at the time. A bit like the Gettysburg address really. Just another Lincoln ramble at the time - sacred text now.

And from that day it was decided to take the whole thing professional (although it was said at the time that the offer of a name change was crossing the line of amateurism). Now look at the game of predicting! Just look at the amount of time and energy people waste spend on it! Think of the algorithms and the pagan rituals and the devil worship!

And since the switch to professional, it has been a credit to you, that amateurism is still running thick through your predicting veins.

And since the switch to professional, it has been a credit to you, that amateurism is still running thick through your predicting veins.

Like I said, at the time, the change of Latics player name was considered as payment. In effect, it was the inaugural professional season, with league tables and prizes and such. Dave Collinge claims to have won stacks of amateur titles but no tables were ever produced, so how do we know? Black and white photos of Dave and his Ouija Board taken on a Nokia 3310? Not likely.

Like I said, at the time, the change of Latics player name was considered as payment. In effect, it was the inaugural professional season, with league tables and prizes and such. Dave Collinge claims to have won stacks of amateur titles but no tables were ever produced, so how do we know? Black and white photos of Dave and his Ouija Board taken on a Nokia 3310? Not likely.

Don't be ridiculous.

Everyone knows the 3310 didn't have a camera.