Latics For Life Legacy

As per the message on the closed thread from last week we are delighted to be able to confirm that again this year we will be again running the Latics For Life initiative with a view to offering children within the borough the chance to attend games that they may not have previously have had.

Last season proved a huge success and popular amongst the fans. This season we hope to raise even more money and help grow our fan base even further than last season. To erase any fears having spoken to the club all fans will be supervised who benefit from the tickets.

Previously it was mentioned that we are still looking for a sponsor for the scheme, we have held discussion with a few companies in regards to this but please any offers feel free to send me a PM.

Why not when you purchase you season ticket donate just £10 to the scheme so that a child can also have this privilege.

I appreciate that many of you have sent me e-mails asking if is ok to donate yet and now is that time.

Once again thank you all any donations can be sent via paypal to laticsforlife@live.co.uk or alternatively if you want to send a cheque I will message you the details.

Many thanks!

Edited by laticdickovarmy

Last season everyone who donated helped over 50 children attend games at Boundary Park that would not have been able.

The children that attended were NOT part of the 'chav' brigade. Tickets were given to children who would attend with groups and other children.

I know that the groups and social services that took advantage of the kind gesture from latic fans with these ST were greatly appreciative.

I'm happy to make a donation but I haven't had a chequebook since Guy Branston played an accurate ball to feet, and I am authentically afraid of Paypal. Can't you set up something that works along the lines of the Justgiving thing (without registering as a charity, although maybe think about that as well)?

Cheers Chris

In just under 2 weeks we are at near £500 raised :)

Fantastic support again and money on the way according to messages received, most of it is coming on payday's from people so end of the month should be good

Anyone who donates no matter how big or small will go into the draw to win the new home shirt signed by the playing squad we have at the 1st game of the new season. If you want a chance to win it donate anything you can

• 2 weeks later...

Haha having one is enough work

A rate has been negotiated that we can have cheaper tickets and the club are going to have more staff/volunteers on to help look after them.

They are going to be a supervised area of the stadium much the same as last season .

Whilst some ruined it for others this season there has been a level of realism that to keep a club like Oafc are going to need to be encourage more youngsters and making it as affordable as possible.

Last season there was no reported incidents of the children given the tickets causing trouble, this may be because those who benefited were carefully chosen by the club

The amount of tickets put on will of course determine how many staff costs are needed

I was in two minds wether to do it this year as it was time consuming and some kids ruined it thus year but the amount of messages pledging support and donations made and the leg work that was done last year traveling around picking up donations etc

I hope that helps a bit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you can donate please do via PayPal to laticsforlife@live.co.uk

Help to grow our fanbase to get kids in early before other clubs get hold of them

Everyone who has sent in a donation be it big of small and anyone else who sends one in will get the chance of winning a signed prize

If 200 people off here have £2 each it would go and huge way and 40 extra on the gate on a matchday

Cheers

• 10 months later...

Hi stevie,

Not got the figures to hand but around £300ish mark of top of my head

Cheers Dean. Given your comment in the prediction comp thread, are you knocking this on the head?

It'd be a real shame to let this die. Is there anything I (or anyone else) can help with to keep it going?