Friendly Real Ale Pub for Peterborough Away

Hi there,
I'm the landlord of The Palmerston Arms in Peterborough (10 minutes walk from the ground), we serve 12 different real ales 10 of which are drawn from the cask in our unique cellar, a window allows you to see your pint being pulled.

We will be open from 11am on match day with hot sausage baps available for breakfast
As away fans you are all welcome in my pub.
Here's a link to our Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/palmerston/?bookmark_t=group which will tell you more about us.
We will be serving up hot and cold rolls pre-game, there is a traditional cafe opposite for a Full English and we are just a couple of minutes walk from a Fish and Chip shop.
To help with Sat – Navs our Post Code is PE2 9PA

If arriving by train we are 20 minutes walk from the station but to be honest the best thing to do is hop into a cab (cost approx £4.50)
We can also help with safe secure parking before, during and after the game - please ring me Ian on 01733 565865 and I'll be happy to arrange this for you.
Oh and UTP

As a real ale enthusiast I am now gutted to be missing the game. I will pass this on to my fellow real ale drinkers. I hope for your sake you have fosters on draft to satisfy the majority of oldham fans mind.

Or WKD. The drink every fake Osti wearing :censored:berk is never seen without.

Hi there,

I'm the landlord of The Palmerston Arms in Peterborough (10 minutes walk from the ground), we serve 12 different real ales 10 of which are drawn from the cask in our unique cellar, a window allows you to see your pint being pulled.

We will be open from 11am on match day with hot sausage baps available for breakfast

As away fans you are all welcome in my pub.

Here's a link to our Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/palmerston/?bookmark_t=group which will tell you more about us.

We will be serving up hot and cold rolls pre-game, there is a traditional cafe opposite for a Full English and we are just a couple of minutes walk from a Fish and Chip shop.

To help with Sat – Navs our Post Code is PE2 9PA

If arriving by train we are 20 minutes walk from the station but to be honest the best thing to do is hop into a cab (cost approx £4.50)

We can also help with safe secure parking before, during and after the game - please ring me Ian on 01733 565865 and I'll be happy to arrange this for you.

Oh and UTP

Now that's my kind of post, thank you... See you on Saturday

Sounds like my sort of pub, hopefully I can pay a visit next weekend. I really wanted Burton to come up last season as that place is real ale paradise. Does Oldham even have any real ale pubs?

You're not supposed to mention Burton on here, Tommy. :wink:

The Ashton Arms in Clegg Street is the place in Oldham.

900fc3cf73b287473bfa8482a6a82bb8.jpg893625_240754626064202_1548389595_o.jpg

Adapting the words of Humphrey Bogart:

“Of all the real ale pubs in all the towns in all the world, we walk into this one.” And this one turns out to be the best one I've ever been in.

What a joy to find a landlord interested in football and going out of his way to make away supporters feel welcome.

It's owned by Batemans so it had a selection of their beers and more than ten ales from small breweries, all drawn from the cask. The food was in the form of rolls filled with hog roast, sausage or cheese, and we even sampled the cheeseboard containing Brie,Cornish Blue and Lincolnshire Poacher.

The decor included Posh memorabilia, breweriana and a large painting of a cricket match with Lancashire playing Kent.

The outdoor smoking shelter with heating, lighting and fantastic sofa seating made me wish I was a smoker.

9530442749_261b4a212b_c.jpg

Friendly, efficient staff, no plastic glasses and no plastic football fans - the place filled up with Posh supporters, who keep the CAMRA guide next to their fixture list. Some had been in Oldham's Ashton Arms and stayed in The Waggon at Uppermill. They were a very friendly bunch and we shared some good-natured banter.

Yes, this was Pub Utopia and gets 10/10 from me. Hope we play them in the Cup, as I can't wait to go back, and as it also has live music nights, it may mean stopping over next time.