• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Training with them seems a sensible thing to do, as for actually playing for them I would have thought is a non starter.

Why? Clearly nobody else wants him for whatever wages he's demanding.

Owt's better than nowt. I'd imagine Croft, Simpson and dozens even hundreds of out of contract players are realising that now.

Why? Clearly nobody else wants him for whatever wages he's demanding.

Owt's better than nowt. I'd imagine Croft, Simpson and dozens even hundreds of out of contract players are realising that now.

Any half decent defenders?

Training with them seems a sensible thing to do, as for actually playing for them I would have thought is a non starter.

if they offer him a wage then it definitely is a starter, seeming as nobody else seems interested

theirs better out of contract players then croft today.. it's strange how most of these out of contract players tend to have lost their way somewhere (most probably agents) i honestly don't think half of agents nowadays do much for a player!

paul scholes never had an agent, he didnt need one he relied on his talent to earn himself a better contract

theirs better out of contract players then croft today.. it's strange how most of these out of contract players tend to have lost their way somewhere (most probably agents) i honestly don't think half of agents nowadays do much for a player!

paul scholes never had an agent, he didnt need one he relied on his talent to earn himself a better contract

I don't think Paul Scholes ever had leaving Manchester United on his mind, so it was easy for him!

Early days I know, but Croft is a better player than Dayton who is too lightweight. But LJ has often stated it's as much about a players attitude as it is talent, so I guess the round around Croft's agent allegedly gave us may have put LJ off Crofty.

He's way better than Rochdale!

He was our player of the season for a reason. I think he's much better than our wide players. I'd love him back.

He's also at Rochdale for a reason he also got released by derby for a reason. He was voted player of the season by the fans. The same fans who berated a number of our ex players currently making a living in the league above ours. if the wage bill aloud I would consider it but only on our terms if its a choice between croft and a centre half then it's a cb every time. I didn't think he was a bad player but I didn't get the love in everyone had with him last season.

He was in Uppermill the other week at Java. Looked bigger than he was when he'd slimmed down 2nd half of the season, but not the 'whale size' he was 1st half of the season.

Clearly didnt impress LJ and was too keen to shelve a deal on offer via his agent. We move on.

Our current wide players are in shape and look fit, unlike Lee Croft for the vast majority of last season and probably now.

Our current wide players are likely to get at least one goal this season. One already has, and what a goal.

Better than what we have now...!! Three games. Three games. And what about a certain wonder goal at Stevenage, what about another wide player that ran rings around a full-back so much that he had to be replaced barely halfway through the first half.

Our current wide players are on a fraction of the wages I would imagine that Croft commands. We have a few options, as a result.

When he was released by Derby we probably had to stump up a lot of £ - but much less than the total he wanted to fund him for the rest of the season.

And I don't know why this is an issue. It was quite clear then that he definitely wanted out at the end of the season as he knew our wage structure. And Corney said way before the season ended that a couple of players had already said they were off - my guesses: Smith (justifiably), SImpson, Croft and Furman (we helped him on his way to get K Smith).

But anyway, Croft should have taken this league apart.

We got two good performances in the cup, in the shop window, and he finally got fit (ish) by the end of the season....!

He then mysteriously didn't learn of LJ's contract offer via his agent - I expect it was a deliberately low offer to force the issue quickly.

Nice guy I'm sure, and you can't fault him for wanting the big time, or to progress his career, but his attitude doesn't suit us. We want players who play well and bust a gut to impress, and earn a move as a result; not those who think they are bigger than the club and seemingly just expect to get an better offer elsewhere regardless of fitness and form - because of agent-inspired arrogance.

And moreover, we need value for money with players, not money for nothing.

It's a shame. He probably still has the talent. But he's now close to joining a League Two club for a reason. Next!

or do we only hear about the bad agents?

suppose! but there's too many good footballers without a club it's ridiculous... yes robbie Simpson never really reached his best consistently for us but he's easily good enough for a league one team on the right wage

I don't know why players don't get the PFA to look after their affairs. Got to be better than paying a chunk of their earnings to an agent who may not have their interests at heart. After all they must pay a small percentage of their wages to the PFA.