Philliskirk signs two year deal

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely says more about the future of millar than baxter? For me baxter is competing for a slot with the midfield rather than the strikers. Bringing in another striker makes millar effectively sixth choice. Surely see him go out on loan now

I would send him out on loan, I think he's at the standard of a lower League 2 club now which would be great for both parties. However if not definitely regular Blue Square Bet, which will still be good for him.

Money being shuffled around, money was possibly being saved for a CB, now Grounds is doing well there there is less pressure to get a CB in, Mills is doing ok at LB and we might be able to extend the loan which has freed up a bit of money to sign Philliskirk. The chance to sign a player who is a pretty good prospect doesn't come round too often, plus we have already made a profit on him once so this to me looks like a good bit of business.

Surely says more about the future of millar than baxter? For me baxter is competing for a slot with the midfield rather than the strikers. Bringing in another striker makes millar effectively sixth choice. Surely see him go out on loan now

would be a shame if true as in the few cameo appearances he made at the end of last season he looked impressive.

Money being shuffled around, money was possibly being saved for a CB, now Grounds is doing well there there is less pressure to get a CB in, Mills is doing ok at LB and we might be able to extend the loan which has freed up a bit of money to sign Philliskirk. The chance to sign a player who is a pretty good prospect doesn't come round too often, plus we have already made a profit on him once so this to me looks like a good bit of business.

Yep. I do think the chosen one or another of the strikers comes into the merry go round though.

Would make sense for Millar to go out on loan, if he doesn't then he'll probably be cover for one of the wings. Hopefully Johnson won't think about making him an emergency RB...

It'll be interesting to see how he does. Chelsea obviously saw something in him.

Our strikers all offered something different so far so it'll be interesting to see what Danny P brings to the table. I think Johnson's done really well to give young strikers like JCH and Millar more experienced strikers like Rooney and Charlie Mac to learn from/take any pressure off them. I can accept a flawed defence if we are getting the most out of our strikers.

It'll be interesting to see how he does. Chelsea obviously saw something in him.

Our strikers all offered something different so far so it'll be interesting to see what Danny P brings to the table. I think Johnson's done really well to give young strikers like JCH and Millar more experienced strikers like Rooney and Charlie Mac to learn from/take any pressure off them. I can accept a flawed defence if we are getting the most out of our strikers.

If anything he will play in a similar fashion to Macdonald.

I think the fact he's been given two years is interesting as well. If he's a young player punt surely it's one year maybe with an option? Two years says to me he'll see his fair share of games. Which means somebody else won't.

I wouldn't say signing Philliskirk says anything about Baxter, if anything it'll give him a further kick up the arse to show him that he'll have to be at his best or he'll be on the bench. Competition isn't a bad thing, especially with the options we've got upfront.

If Baxter is off, we'll have profited and we've got what seems to be a decent replacement who's scored 4 goals in 2 reserve games. Good business all round, so fair play to Johnson.

If Baxter is off, we'll have profited and we've got what seems to be a decent replacement who's scored 4 goals in 2 reserve games. Good business all round, so fair play to Johnson.

You know Lee Johnson is still in his honey moon period when he replaces Jose Baxter with Danny Philliskirk and gets praise for it.

Am i wearing rose tinted specs but this seems like a good bit of business, I don't see Jose leaving us at this moment in time, we look as though we have one of the strongest forward line ups in the division ( posh excepted). Our defence whilst looking vunerable to injuries or suspension does not overly worry me, the good times are set to roll lets enjoy the ride.

You know Lee Johnson is still in his honey moon period when he replaces Jose Baxter with Danny Philliskirk and gets praise for it.

I'm not saying Philliskirk will be as good as Baxter, but it's nice to have competition and back up. It's the latest of quite a few good signings on long term contracts which can only be good. Johnson deserves credit for building a decent looking squad with what we have.

Hmmm. 2 year deal. Might it be that it's young Danny who may leave on loan fof experience?

2 year deal allows us the security of time to develop him, and that may include a loan?

LJ said at the 1st fans meet i was at that he was a fan of loans for our younger players.

Anyway. We've already made a very decent fee on the lad already. We now look to reap the rewards of training with Chelsea's coaches and see him kick on with us.

Heard very good reports from a mate who has seen him in the reserves. I'll obviously reserve judgement until i see him myself, but if anything else, it adds squad depth and more competition.

I'm not junping on the Baxter is definately off bandwagon at this news...

Edited by slystallone

When I did the OP I didn't think or do think that Johnson thought 'Baxter might go So i'll get Danny in to directly replace him' I think was once Danny came back there was always a good chance we'd sign him. All I meant was he now has potentially six forwards. That's a lot for a club our size to carry. If we can afford them all, great stuff. But as beag said earlier I think some shuffling is on the cards, maybe with Baxter, maybe not.

When I did the OP I didn't think or do think that Johnson thought 'Baxter might go So i'll get Danny in to directly replace him' I think was once Danny came back there was always a good chance we'd sign him. All I meant was he now has potentially six forwards. That's a lot for a club our size to carry. If we can afford them all, great stuff. But as beag said earlier I think some shuffling is on the cards, maybe with Baxter, maybe not.

Get to bed.