The Unofficial OWTB Point Out Fishal Site Errors Thread

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just over a week old, but....

"Rusnak, who is now stranger to Boundary Park having played at the ground several times for City, said: "I am excited to have the chance to play in front of a crowd and feature in proper games."

Not an error as such but doesn't the headline "Johnson on television date" make it sound like he's been on Take Me Out or something?

I don't really mind play on words. It's fun and pretty harmless, and if it's not overused (like with every headline trying too hard to be a pun) it's very effective and clever. But I do mind really badly written content and typos that a primary schoolkid would be embarrassed by. It's thoroughly reflective of the club and it takes only a few seconds to get a second pair of eyes to proof it before it's published. There is no way any of the club's website content is proof read before publication given how regular :censored:e typos crop up. I feel this thread should run and run like a throbbing boil to encourage the club to be much better at this kind of stuff rather than the "yawn, stop being boring" attitude that club employees evidently seem to display.

Doesn't Tony Bugby work for the club any more? He is a journalist by trade and it's clear by the way the articles are written that there's no way anyone with journalistic qualities are writing. I've not read a club programme for years but I'd expect the content in that to have been proof-checked several times before going to print. Why isn't the same kind of pride and care taken for the offical website content when there are far more people going to read that than any club programme?

I don't really mind play on words. It's fun and pretty harmless, and if it's not overused (like with every headline trying too hard to be a pun) it's very effective and clever. But I do mind really badly written content and typos that a primary schoolkid would be embarrassed by. It's thoroughly reflective of the club and it takes only a few seconds to get a second pair of eyes to proof it before it's published. There is no way any of the club's website content is proof read before publication given how regular :censored:e typos crop up. I feel this thread should run and run like a throbbing boil to encourage the club to be much better at this kind of stuff rather than the "yawn, stop being boring" attitude that club employees evidently seem to display.

Doesn't Tony Bugby work for the club any more? He is a journalist by trade and it's clear by the way the articles are written that there's no way anyone with journalistic qualities are writing. I've not read a club programme for years but I'd expect the content in that to have been proof-checked several times before going to print. Why isn't the same kind of pride and care taken for the offical website content when there are far more people going to read that than any club programme?

Tony Bugby is the person responsible for the website.

I don't know if it's an error by us or c&p'd from PNE, but spotted the following on the ticket prices for tonight:

Free for under-sevens if accompanied, but only for tickets bought in advance.

Glad they're saying people must be accompanied as getting fed up of those five year olds coming in by themselves and causing havoc. Can only assume accompanied by an adult.