The Unofficial OWTB Point Out Fishal Site Errors Thread

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From tonight's match report:

Schmeltz fired over a low cross from the left which was met by Philliskirk who shot wrong-footed keeper Thorsten Stuckmann as it trickled into the net.

I think that's very unsporting of young Daniel. In fact, I think it carries a prison sentence.

Latics (4-4-2): Rachubka; Kusinga (Belezika 74), Tarkowski (Mellor 46), Grounds, Mills (Montano 83); Dayton, Smith, Wesolowski, Schmeltz; Philliskirk, Rooney. Subs (not used): Oxley, MacDonald.

An abomination, lynch him.

Edited by OAFC_Ryan

My favourite from last night's match report:

Much-changed Preston were literally blown away as Wesolowski doubled the lead in the ninth minute with a spectacular drive into the top corner from James Dayton's cut back.

Frankly I'm disappointed that with the Preston team having literally been blown away we failed to score any further goals.

Edited by LaticsChris

Just to point out, if you think that these tiny errors make us look unprofessional you ought to look at most other club websites in League 1 and League 2.

Some don't even have paragraphs, some don't even have an attendance or a team list. At least ours are readable, if not perfectly correct when it comes to spelling...

Just to point out, if you think that these tiny errors make us look unprofessional you ought to look at most other club websites in League 1 and League 2.

Some don't even have paragraphs, some don't even have an attendance or a team list. At least ours are readable, if not perfectly correct when it comes to spelling...

Just have a look at the match report from the Sheff U website on last nights game. Makes ours look like a literary masterpiece.

My favourite from last night's match report:

Frankly I'm disappointed that with the Preston team having literally been blown away we failed to score any further goals.

You know they've changed the definition of "literally"?

You know they've changed the definition of "literally"?

Now that you mention it yes I do. It's an abomination. I understand that words evolve and develop new meanings over time, but this to me seems more a case of persistent misuse leading to the OED caving in. It's the exact opposite for crying out loud!

• 2 weeks later...

Fabulous one on the official site today..........

"Grounds conceded there have been challenges with Matteo Lanzoni and Genseric Kusunga, two recently signed defenders, only speaking pigeon English."
I'll bet that's ruffled a few feathers. Although I suppose if you're trying to deliver an important message then pigeon English is the ideal language...................

From today's preview, ignoring the grammatical errors and typos:

There is no doubt they have quality high up the pitch with the likes of Sakary, Griffiths and Doyle who are top players at this level.

Who is Sakary?

Johnson believes Latics can take heart from the way they have more than matched the likes of Leyton Orient, Peterborough and Leyton Orient who are at the top of the table.

Check out the picture in question - http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20131028-philliskirk-1139377.aspx - Some diving header, that.

That was my first reaction but, on double-checking, the picture it refers to is the small one on the OS that you click on to get to the item. A decent-sized version of that would look as spectacular as it was.

County (4-4-1-1): Bialkowski; C Thompson (M Smith 46), Holt, Liddle, Sheehan; McGregor, Labadie, Fotheringham, Tempest; Grealish (Arquin 54); Haynes (Haworth 74). Subs (not used) Spiess, Waite, Bennett, Dixon.

Latics (4-2-2): Oxley; Winchester (Rodgers 71), Kusunga, Grounds, Mellor; Philliskirk, Smith, Wesolowski, Dayton (Schmeltz 79); Millar (Clarke-Harris 35), Rooney. Subs (not used): Rachubka, Montano, Joksts, Clarke.

The goals: Haynes (19), Arquin (60), McGregor (68) for County. Rooney (45), Clarke-Harris (70) for Latics.

No wonder we lost we played 4-2-2 ... we were always two players short

Somebody out !!!!

County (4-4-1-1): Bialkowski; C Thompson (M Smith 46), Holt, Liddle, Sheehan; McGregor, Labadie, Fotheringham, Tempest; Grealish (Arquin 54); Haynes (Haworth 74). Subs (not used) Spiess, Waite, Bennett, Dixon.

Latics (4-2-2): Oxley; Winchester (Rodgers 71), Kusunga, Grounds, Mellor; Philliskirk, Smith, Wesolowski, Dayton (Schmeltz 79); Millar (Clarke-Harris 35), Rooney. Subs (not used): Rachubka, Montano, Joksts, Clarke.

The goals: Haynes (19), Arquin (60), McGregor (68) for County. Rooney (45), Clarke-Harris (70) for Latics.

No wonder we lost we played 4-2-2 ... we were always two players short

Somebody out !!!!

It's the two loanees that LJ said will be here by Saturdsay, that now won't.

Do you think we'll be forced to play 4-2-2 again then?...

Can we extend this thread to include the unofficial point out fishul site amateur graphics work too please? Who the :censored: designed the new landing page (why the need for a :censored:ing landing page anyway is one question)? It looks like it was designed by someone in Microsoft Paint who only deals in luminous green. It's either The Predator or the 5-year old child of one of the staff there.

Shoddy graphics work annoys me no end.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Can we extend this thread to include the unofficial point out fishul site amateur graphics work too please? Who the :censored: designed the new landing page (why the need for a :censored:ing landing page anyway is one question)? It looks like it was designed by someone in Microsoft Paint who only deals in luminous green. It's either The Predator or the 5-year old child of one of the staff there.

Shoddy graphics work annoys me no end.

I didn't spot you when I posted above! I think I must still have been squinting from the writing!