Micah - this week's raising of hopes

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Script for Micah:

"When I heard that <insert club name> were interested, it was an easy decision to make. <insert club name> is a massive club and I want to repay the manager's faith in me - the last n years have been a frustrating time and I just want to play/cannot wait to get started (*). I am still a young man and hope to get back into Roy Hodgson's plans..."

Now sign on the dotted line...

* delete one of these.

Edited by TheBigDog

What do people think will happen if/when a transfer happens?

Expect that anything we get would go on sensible things like the stand, running costs etc.

Would like us to roll the dice and spunk some of it on getting in a goal scorer on a bumper 1 year contract. To be honest, I think Corney would need to do this to try and give the fans a boost.

Expect that anything we get would go on sensible things like the stand, running costs etc.

Would like us to roll the dice and spunk some of it on getting in a goal scorer on a bumper 1 year contract. To be honest, I think Corney would need to do this to try and give the fans a boost.

My thoughts exactly.. Any money recouped from this deal (if one happens) I would like to see it being spent on players that will attract the stay aways back to boundary park but knowing how the club has worked in recent times no doubt it will go in to the new stand

How much do you think would be about right to do that?

Its all going to the stand surely?

Cant see any of it being given to LJ.

Long term financial stability from the stand has been the company line for ages. This money* will make a huge difference to the stand's progress.

* fingers crossed it acrually materialises & arrives this year!

Edited by slystallone

How much do you think would be about right to do that?

Would £5000/wk buy us a decent striker? No clue really. Or £2500/wk plus big goal/win bonuses?

Dunno, it's years since I've played football manager so don't know how far out I am!!

Would still leave £750,000 for the stand if Richards sold for £1m.

Would £5000/wk buy us a decent striker? No clue really. Or £2500/wk plus big goal/win bonuses?

Dunno, it's years since I've played football manager so don't know how far out I am!!

Hearing we are paying Forte 2k a week

Knowing our luck this goal scorer would get injured first game, and we might get him back by the end of the season to help us avoid the drop.

Never in a million years should we lump a significant amount on a striker.

Look at our woeful record with strikers.

But it should go towards the stand and the running costs.

I forget the amount we lost in grants, but if that is what is needed then it must go to that to get it operating well.

The rest on operating costs and but that does include players wages.

Never in a million years should we lump a significant amount on a striker.

Look at our woeful record with strikers.

But it should go towards the stand and the running costs.

I forget the amount we lost in grants, but if that is what is needed then it must go to that to get it operating well.

The rest on operating costs and but that does include players wages.

£700k I think

I'm guessing the clubs turnover is circa £4m, maybe less. I'd say an extra million could go pretty far.

Picking up om this & SCOG post on Hudds. IIRC when LAtics and England & Leeslover went to see the clubs books, the whole turnover for the club was c£3m. But I cannot recall the players wages part of it.

I know you may know, but I would have thought their budget was more than that. Or is that just players wages?

That's the 'playing budget' for this season....which I presume is including the transfer kitty plus anything they make from selling players......down £1.5. Mill from last year to fit into FFP apparently. This came from the guy who holds the purse strings on behalf of the director so pretty solid!

Kept my distance since Robins went as I'm sure he's busy but looking forward to finding out what went on there :-)

One thing I can say that just shows what football is like these days is that I was being shown around (the very impressive) training and academy complex at Hudds when we bumped into Robins who was showing Franck Moussi and his agent around after having a medical ahead of signing.........very next day he signed for Charlton!

Picking up om this & SCOG post on Hudds. IIRC when LAtics and England & Leeslover went to see the clubs books, the whole turnover for the club was c£3m. But I cannot recall the players wages part of it.

Cheers, I found some info re. Turnover for back when Moore was in control and guessed. It only goes to prove that £1m to is is a lot of money.