Micah - this week's raising of hopes

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Onto the OT.

How much Latics actually contributed to the development of Micah - both technically and financially - is one that is probably answered with 'not much'. But over the years this saga has kept message boards and fans occupied during some of the dull closed season times so for that we should be grateful.

At think at the hieght of the hype (pre the new City Owners) the highest figure I recall reading was a £32m deal to go to Chelsea but over the years our expectations have reduced in correlation with Micah's appearances.

If we get £400k+ from a deal now, with less than a year on his contract (I think) and not playing regularly, then we have to be pleased.

Be great if after all this it emerges that we cashed it in years ago.

I was just thinking that myself

Uncle Simon will be writing his statement now

'Axtually we struck a deal with citeh in 2010, without which the club would have folded'

Allegedly

Edited by stevesidg

Oh dear............

The very reputable @ExWHUemployee is reporting that talks with Micah Richards are at an advanced stage ahead of a loan deal.

The Manchester City defender is capable of playing at right back or in central defence, and would prove a welcome addition given the injuries to Carl Jenkinson and James Tomkins.

Still only 26, Richards has seen his career blighted by injury, but a move to West Ham could lead to a new lease of life for the England international.

The East London Club have reportedly been talking to the defender for days, so a move could be closer to completion than expected.

Not good this.

Rest of season loan, poss with a fee or higher %age of wages.

Then agreement at end of season is with an out of contract Richards

I had not considered this, we get absolutely nowt out of this do we?

Does Richards have any connection with Tim Sherwood?....

Edited by singe

I was just thinking that myself

Uncle Simon will be writing his statement now

'Axtually we struck a deal with citeh in 2010, without which the club would have folded'

Allegedly

Id be happy enough with the statememt that Uncle Simon settled with £700k to make the shortfall in the Stand Grants.

Gareth Barry had a £2m clause in his loan agreement to Everton that if they signed him after his loan they had to stump up the cash.

Lets hope if they do loan him they have the same clause. One thing to think about city will want some return on their investment into him. With financial FairPlay they can't afford to chuck £5m away.

If City get a fee for loaning him out, can this be classed as a sell on fee? I guess not.

I wouldn't worry too much about him going on loan.

If clubs are going to pay a fee for him then they'll want ownership of him.

I don't think our sell on clause is going to be a deal breaker here.

Gareth Barry had a £2m clause in his loan agreement to Everton that if they signed him after his loan they had to stump up the cash.

Lets hope if they do loan him they have the same clause. One thing to think about city will want some return on their investment into him. With financial FairPlay they can't afford to chuck £5m away.

But he'll be out of contract then so that clause would be void...

City won't want to risk him going out on a season long loan anyway as if he gets crocked he'll be sent back with City leaving them to pay his full wages and rehabilitation costs, not to mention some sort of refund to the team who paid a loan fee. If he has no future with the club then that's the last thing they'll want.

Don't know whether this equates to good news or bad.................

Manchester City are ready to call the bluff of defender Micah Richards and let him run down the final months of his contract. The Citizens have placed an £8million valuation on the head of the powerful right back and are refusing to budge from it. Richards and his camp were hoping City would blink first and lower his asking price with the summer transfer window set to slam shut at 11pm on September 1. But the former England defender may now have to lower his own wage demands to force through a late move with the club prepared to play hardball. The 26-year-old earns £70,000 a week at the Etihad Stadium and is looking for similar money due to his relatively low market price. However, the type of clubs currently interested in the player can't sanction the total package involved, with Hull City and West Ham United both having loan offers rebuffed. The champions are refusing to countenance subsidising his entire wage to show they are no longer a soft touch in the transfer market when it comes to releasing their fringe players. - See more at: http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-League/Manchester-City/City-set-to-call-Richards-bluff/X1Y47Z1795549#sthash.7Eqekv9v.dpuf

Well that's the deal done then ,

Mr Ambitious will just sit on his backside for the next 12 months until his contract runs out.

Typical Latics luck really , 20% of a waste of time lazy get means we will receive the same as his total ambition - zilch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!